RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea for the driver market.

Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer.

For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies.
Suggestion has my full support

Here's an idea for the driver market.

Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer.

For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies.

I think it would work only if we scrap the relationship system completely. (Including that base 500 credits bonus when bidding a former driver)

Also 1000 might be too much, Peterson's buyout is 16000! :confused:

Agree, but I think Jimmy's referring to his team. Can we get the engine rule confirmed, though, since it appears @Sasha Jednak is AWOL? My future depends on Riferra or finding another supplier.

I hope he has not gone for good. I want to wait for him until Sunday.

If he does not come back, maybe Riferra can be auctioned between the managers? Oh yes, that would be fun imo. Also Audrey can be auctioned as well if Tapio plans to leave it?

We actually should vote for two more topics: Jim's driver contract idea and the fate of released engines.

I hope he has not gone for good. I want to wait for him until Sunday.

If he does not come back, maybe Riferra can be auctioned between the managers? Oh yes, that would be fun imo. Also Audrey can be auctioned as well if Tapio plans to leave it?

We actually should vote for two more topics: Jim's driver contract idea and the fate of released engines.
I'd only do the drivers thingy for now (i.e. S5 -> S6), since the relationship stuff sounds like a good idea.

i knew that Ronnie was above the budget cap. It does at least allow teams who have made a significant impact keep their drivers.

i knew that Ronnie was above the budget cap. It does at least allow teams who have made a significant impact keep their drivers.

The new relationship system is exactly doing this, and in a more deserved way imo. With your suggestion, a manager who contribute nothing to their driver can keep them, while the relationship system forces you to make something to deserve a driver's affliction. Anyway, a voting should decide the outcome. But whatever is decided, driver bidding for Season 6 will remain the same.

TOPIC 8: TEAM-DRIVER CONTRACTS SYSTEM
  1. A manager can build up their relationship with their drivers over the course of a season. Podium finishes, certain sponsors, doing testings and meetings will increase the relationship. These relationship points give extra points to that manager when bidding for that driver in the next season.
  2. Every team is allowed to say before it opens 1 driver (one only) which they can keep for the next season. These drivers stay at the team, but all have a buyout price, which is their highest attribute score multiplied by 1000. Teams don't have to keep any drivers if they don't want, and you cannot refuse a buyout offer. For driver 2 or both, normal bidding applies. (Jim's idea)
TOPIC 9: FATE OF THE MANUFACTURED ENGINES
  1. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, their engine becomes a default game-controlled engine which can be bought by anyone.
  2. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, other managers can bid for the ownership of the engine. Bid starts at minimum 1000 credits. The previous owner gets the half amount of the winning bid.
  3. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, other managers can bid for the ownership of the engine. Bid starts at minimum 1000 credits. The previous owner gets nothing.
  4. If a manager who owns a manufactured engine leaves the game without any notice or its manager wants to drop it, the engine becomes unavailable.

Combine 1 and 2. As the relationship increases, their contract buyout price also increases.

Option 4: A company without any workers can't exactly produce an engine

T8: I like Jim's idea. start with a smaller multiplier, but increase as relationship increases (this could be complicated though)

T9: #2. This way the engine stays in the game, but does not become a forgotten default game engine

I don't get Jim's idea in the slightest, you're saying a team chooses a driver that they want for next season, but then they can be poached from underneath their very noses with no chance to bid or anything? What's the point even?
There are a decent number of players here that will pick up a driver and just go with them as long as possible, barring anyone poaching them off. This would rather be counter productive as the people who want to see 'their' driver do well now either improve their rates, knowing that even if they choose that driver, they can be poached off, or don't improve them in the hope that they won't get taken.
If that's not right then I'd love for someone to go a bit more in depth with their explaining.

Ok Toby, I don't know what you did but I couldn't get online during whole last week (bussines trip to Germany) :p

Sorry for not answering everyone, my votes:
Topic 1: 2
Topic 3: 4
Topic 4: 2
Topic 5: 1
Topic 6: 3
Topic 8: 1
Topic 9: 1

Wow, really sorry for this long absence, I planned to post day before leaving on trip but then got into a lot of mess and couldn't get online afterwards.:(
BTW, I think that Porsche shouldn't be allowed to BRT :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok Toby, I don't know what you did but I couldn't get online during whole last week (bussines trip to Germany) :p

Sorry for not answering everyone, my votes:
Topic 1: 2
Topic 3: 4
Topic 4: 2
Topic 5: 1
Topic 6: 3
Topic 8: 1
Topic 9: 1

Wow, really sorry for this long absence, I planned to post day before leaving on trip but then got into a lot of mess and couldn't get online afterwards.:(
BTW, I think that Porsche shouldn't be allowed to BRT :rolleyes:
Damn, signal jamming busted :whistling:

How about Topic 10: BRT starts with -200 points :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back