AC Rd 4 of the F3 Championship -Japanese GP 4th April 2024.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry for quitting, guys, I don't like to be that guy. Silly spin on lap 2 caused by a big stutter (fairly certain I know the cause - just new Windows install issues with not having things configured) followed by another dumb mistake.

I really need to find the time to do some proper practice for these because the setup I gave you all was pretty rough so I apologise for that. Hopefully I'll finally get back into the groove of thise whole sim racing thing by China - been a long time.

It was an enjoyable race last night, crossed the finish line without crashes or too costly mistakes. So I'm very happy about that. It was a bit of a lonely Race for me but that was for the better, because cars seemed to be teleporting across the tarmac. Did anyone else experience that? At Bahrain I thought it was myself because I had ping issues, but this time below 50ms all the way...worries me a bit

because cars seemed to be teleporting across the tarmac. Did anyone else experience that?
I was following you early on Jorg and you seemed to be warping a lot. Then on lap 3 going though the snake curves you warped back into me causing me to go off into the dreaded gravel.

Now I don't know if it was at your end or something else but I didn't see anyone else moving about so much. Your ping was between 27-74 so nowhere near as high as some.
I had some issues last year when a new PC came with OneDrive configured to auto backup. This caused all sorts of issues when it backed up replays between sessions and my ping went up to over 700 while it did it's thing!:confused:
Luckily, our resident wizard Rasmus kindly sorted it out for me and it hasn't been any trouble since...........fingers crossed.:thumbsup:

I was following you early on Jorg and you seemed to be warping a lot. Then on lap 3 going though the snake curves you warped back into me causing me to go off into the dreaded gravel.

Now I don't know if it was at your end or something else but I didn't see anyone else moving about so much. Your ping was between 27-74 so nowhere near as high as some.
I had some issues last year when a new PC came with OneDrive configured to auto backup. This caused all sorts of issues when it backed up replays between sessions and my ping went up to over 700 while it did it's thing!:confused:
Luckily, our resident wizard Rasmus kindly sorted it out for me and it hasn't been any trouble since...........fingers crossed.:thumbsup:
When you mentioned that on discord, I thought you were mentioning me/my name hehe :) , now things are clear to me :laugh:

Pretty stable driving until the 'lock up' T1 and then the final and killing 'look UP' a few corners down the road :cool:.

Still jealous at you and other quick guys, being able to drive steady. bummer you had to quit, great to see you driving around from driver cam.

Last edited:
Sorry for quitting, guys, I don't like to be that guy. Silly spin on lap 2 caused by a big stutter (fairly certain I know the cause - just new Windows install issues with not having things configured) followed by another dumb mistake.

I really need to find the time to do some proper practice for these because the setup I gave you all was pretty rough so I apologise for that. Hopefully I'll finally get back into the groove of thise whole sim racing thing by China - been a long time.
Hi Joe, I will take your setup over the default anytime! Even the early setup you shared was big help. Thanks for sharing!

It was an enjoyable race last night, crossed the finish line without crashes or too costly mistakes. So I'm very happy about that. It was a bit of a lonely Race for me but that was for the better, because cars seemed to be teleporting across the tarmac. Did anyone else experience that? At Bahrain I thought it was myself because I had ping issues, but this time below 50ms all the way...worries me a bit
Not sure if we saw the same thing. Periodically I saw the what looked like cars tunneling under the surface across the track. First time it happened I just thought I was imagining things. A couple of laps later it happened again! And again! Soon I realized it was happening at the same spot. Then I remembered Suzuka is a figure 8 and the track cross itself :)

Last edited:
Pretty stable driving until the 'lock up' T1 and then the final and killing 'look UP' a few corners down the road :cool:.

Still jealous at you and other quick guys, being able to drive steady. bummer you had to quit, great to see you driving around from driver cam.
That's the weird thing - I didn't actually lock up - I got a stutter and I lost the rear, but I was possibly on the wrong BB for that corner - hence the look up :roflmao:

Ah damn, I already had a bad suspicion about this during the race, when I saw you in my mirrors pop up much closer to me and spin all out of the sudden. Sorry about that, I'll have a look into it, see if I can recreate the problem and then sort it out =/

Ah damn, I already had a bad suspicion about this during the race, when I saw you in my mirrors pop up much closer to me and spin all out of the sudden. Sorry about that, I'll have a look into it, see if I can recreate the problem and then sort it out =/
No worries Jorg, not your fault, as Ernie said it happens. It did surprise me though, felt like I drove into an invisible wall.

Last edited:
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_rt_suzuka_5-3-124-16-53-47.jpg

With four rounds now completed, Allard Van de Hoeven jumps up to first place in the Q1 championship, 14 points clear of the absent Fulvio Fenix with Hank Belane now in third.

Allard not only snatched pole form Thomas Kimmick by 0.03 of a second but lead for the entire 34 laps and also grabbed the fasted lap point as well, to round off a perfect result.

Qualifying was very close with the top five drivers separated by only 0.52 of a second but it was Allard who made a good start to lead into T1. There was action behind as Joseph Eltham made contact with Laurent Londes, Laurent holding onto a lurid slide to keep third place as Joseph lifted. Further back there was some pushing, shuffling and warping, Ernie Wright was unfortunate to find the gravel trap from which there was no return.

Joseph got a good drive out of the hairpin and made a daring move up the inside of Laurent under braking for the Spoon curve to retake third place. While this was going on, Allard and Thomas were making a break for it up front. Joseph’s race ended a couple of laps later when he lost the back end under braking for T1, overheating his tyres and allowing Laurent into third.

Back in the mid field, Hank, Steve Hayward and Dai Feng were all going well and having a good battle. Meanwhile, back at the front Thomas was keeping Allard honest and got within striking distance on a couple of occasions.

Thomas pitted first and Allard pitted a couple of laps later but managed to increase his lead over Thomas and was never challenged again. Thomas lost concentration and got stuck with an off at last chicane allowing Laurent through into second place and Hank to take third at the line.

So that’s three wins out of four for Allard now and some great racing throughout the field. Steve, Jorg, Omar, Andre and Bouke all had their best results here and are really getting to grips with F3 racing.
For the next two races left in this quarter we leave the current F1 tracks and head off to Thailand on the 18th April for another 60 minute race and finish of this first quarter championship at Hockenheim for two sprint races. See you there!

if anyone is remotely interested.... :O_o:

That brings me onto another topic, as I hate this bleeding F3 car to death, unfortunately i now cannot get it out of my head.
So i thought i would confront it head on.
For the first time I picked one of the alien drivers, videoed us both and time wise plotted our trip around Suzuka.

Bit of a shocker for me, I have always bleated:inlove: on that my braking is loosing me time " wrong" " bugger ".
Now i am not saying i am just as competent as the aliens at braking, obviously I could never achieve that considering all the problems i have in that department.
But i tend to brake early and apply the brakes at about 50% ish , i take longer, but my average "time" to an alien is about the same. Especially when we brake in a straight line then there is little to no difference, only corner entry braking, and that is marginal.

Tracking my progress it be came all to apparent where my time goes, not braking, and if you argue that point then it accounts for very small incremental gains.

THE end

Don't practice China Joseph, we are at Chang International in Thailand next time, with Hockenheim after that, just to mix things up a bit!;)
Is this the circuit?

I would like to start practicing early because I never raced there (China I knew from the F1 series)

Those post-race write-ups are a nice touch :)

I barely practiced and used the Albert Park setup except from some small tweaks. I dialed some rear wing back in that lost me some time but I felt more comfortable through the S-es. I did keep it on track for the whole race so maybe that was a good trade-off after all.

Nice overtake from Joseph on lap 1 after I went too deep at the chicane. I did think I was going to keep it but he gained more on me than I expected. Too bad for his lap two spin. Allard and Thomas were .5 secs too fast this time and Hank slower behind, that left me driving on my own for most of the race. Happy with P2.

Thanks for organizing. I still had some white cars and I downloaded the pack again before joining the server.. ?

That's a sore point my wise friend.. my journey into the VR realm lasted just a few months before our Oculus Rift S bought used started to act up consistently (see here and here and here) , to the point that I had to return to pancake and find the time to troubleshoot the visor.
Up to now, no one of the suggestions I found over the internet has been effective (downgrade the drivers -> not possible anymore as it asks for a mandatory update as soon as you start up the oculus app, use a powered usb hub -> no change, still crashing) so we are still evaluating whether a possibility of fixing exists or if we should simply replace the visor (something which would not happen soon due to the price of it).

If anyone experienced the Rift S crashing which a high pitch sound and the screen becoming black, and has some suggestions about how to solve is of course welcome..

The only reason I took note was "free "running the FPS, if it does not actually achieve anything, you are causing yourself a lot of problems with your PC. Consequently causing stuttering and fame lock up's.
My monitors are 144 HZ which i can now run them at, so i have no sync, 1 pre frame and limited to 143 FPS.
if the above is a faulty opinion let me know, anything PC is not exactly my bag.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.