AC Rd 3 of the F3 Championship -Australian GP 21st March 2024.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_albert-park_acu_7-2-124-11-37-54.jpg

Welcome to the AC Racing club F3 Championship.

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to drive a single seater around the same circuit as the F1 drivers? Well here is your chance, as we will drive on the Albert Park circuit just a few days before the real F1race.

Track download: Albert Park circuit.

1710494433389.png

Not registered yet?

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Go to our Championship registration page for full details including car and skin downloads;

AC - F3 Championship Q1 Spring 2024 Registration | RaceDepartment

The race format for this round is:
  • Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | - Race Start-60 minutes

• One 60 minute race with mandatory pit stop (put at least 1 litre fuel into your car, tyres optional)
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • DRS: Please note that DRS is disabled here.
  • Daylight(Weather conditions can be found on the events tab on the Championship link)

Further info can be found on the Q1 Championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS.

We look forward to seeing you on track!

Hey Paul, you changed the track? I think it is broken. All my grass is now slippery water mirror like and the track feels unconnected. Surely i am not the only one with the issue?

Hey Paul, you changed the track? I think it is broken. All my grass is now slippery water mirror like and the track feels unconnected. Surely i am not the only one with the issue?
Fully delete the track and reinstall it from scratch. Then make sure CSP is updated to the latest version, and you've updated all your track configs in the CSP settings in Content Manager. If not, perhaps Sol/Pure?

Hi all,

I finally found some time to do a little bit of practice, and after an hour or so I'm fairly confident I have a decent setup for the race (thankfully have a bank of them I can start working from). It might be a little spicy for some, and it's certainly not kind on the rear tyres, so you may want to have a fiddle adding a click of rear wing or reducing the rear wheel rates by a click. Otherwise I feel pretty consistent with it.

I've linked the setup below for content manager users, and attached the file as well. I've also linked my MoTeC telemetry data for the nerds around here, and I posted some reference laps if you want to see all the mistakes I'm making. Stint was done with race fuel and medium tyres so there's plenty more time in the car. Mid-1:38s in qualifying? (Probably not by me).

-Joe :thumbsup:

Setup:
https://acstuff.ru/s/5YoaWY

Stint video:

Telemetry Data:
albert-park_acu_&_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_&_Joseph Elton_&_stint_5.ld

Attachments

• Medium Race.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 30
Fully delete the track and reinstall it from scratch. Then make sure CSP is updated to the latest version, and you've updated all your track configs in the CSP settings in Content Manager. If not, perhaps Sol/Pure?
I just downloaded the track to replace the one we used last year. I am always up to date, my cps is the latest and my configs are updated. My Pure is up to date also. I have 586 tracks and this is the only one doing it.

Hi Steve,
I originally loaded the track from last year but when setting up the championship with 30 registration slots, the server wouldn’t save because one of the tracks (Albert Park) only had 20 slots. So either I had to restrict entry numbers or use a different track.
I consulted Han on this and he sent me the track now loaded.
I haven’t had any performance issues with it and no one else has reported any problems in practice as yet.
I have seen the problems you are reporting with the Pascal Zolder version, mirror grass and low grip surfaces, but this Melbourne version is running well at my end.
Anyone else seeing problems?

Hi Steve,
I originally loaded the track from last year but when setting up the championship with 30 registration slots, the server wouldn’t save because one of the tracks (Albert Park) only had 20 slots. So either I had to restrict entry numbers or use a different track.
I consulted Han on this and he sent me the track now loaded.
I haven’t had any performance issues with it and no one else has reported any problems in practice as yet.
I have seen the problems you are reporting with the Pascal Zolder version, mirror grass and low grip surfaces, but this Melbourne version is running well at my end.
Anyone else seeing problems?
Hi Paul, really strange. I have also seen it before. The ground does not line up either. It is like the track is standing proud of the landscape and most of it looks like a lake. Why just me, very strange. Every other track i load up is fine. Pure does allow track landscape adjustment but all i can achieve is shiny green glass with tree trunks at a different level as an example. Almost impossible to drive on. I will endever to fix it but will have to bow out if i cannot. A real bummer

Hi Paul, really strange. I have also seen it before. The ground does not line up either. It is like the track is standing proud of the landscape and most of it looks like a lake. Why just me, very strange. Every other track i load up is fine. Pure does allow track landscape adjustment but all i can achieve is shiny green glass with tree trunks at a different level as an example. Almost impossible to drive on. I will endever to fix it but will have to bow out if i cannot. A real bummer
Must be something with your CM and/or CSP settings. I'm using CSP 1.79

Hey guys :)
Probably one of these 3 things:
- old track version was installed and not deleted before putting in this version

- track installed via CM instead of manually putting in the files and something didn't install correctly

- incompatible CSP version can make some tracks look like they got nuked into Dr. Strange's Mirror-Dimension.
Had this with Road Atlanta a few years ago.

Pure or SOL aren't causing stuff like this. It has something to do with the CSP stuff, mainly optimizations that go wrong. Sometimes also one of the fancy features is causing destruction.
But it can also be the installation gone wrong.

@gearwhine which csp version are you using and how did you install the track?

Edit: I'll try to install and load the track myself. I'm using the latest csp version right now.

Last edited:
Hey guys :)
Probably one of these 3 things:
- old track version was installed and not deleted before putting in this version

- track installed via CM instead of manually putting in the files and something didn't install correctly

- incompatible CSP version can make some tracks look like they got nuked into Dr. Strange's Mirror-Dimension.
Had this with Road Atlanta a few years ago.

Pure or SOL aren't causing stuff like this. It has something to do with the CSP stuff, mainly optimizations that go wrong. Sometimes also one of the fancy features is causing destruction.
But it can also be the installation gone wrong.

@gearwhine which csp version are you using and how did you install the track?

Edit: I'll try to install and load the track myself. I'm using the latest csp version right now.
Hi Rasmus, i had the same problem with Road Atlanta a few years ago also. Yes, i did leave the other track on but it did not over write so maybe different version. And yes, I did it the lazy way both times i tried to install using CM. I will delete it and manually install it. I will do it now. Thanks for your help.

Hi Rasmus, i had the same problem with Road Atlanta a few years ago also. Yes, i did leave the other track on but it did not over write so maybe different version. And yes, I did it the lazy way both times i tried to install using CM. I will delete it and manually install it. I will do it now. Thanks for your help.
Still no change. Tried it twice. Why just the one track?

OK, switched off CSP and the track works. Forgot home much it does, very basic and a real struggle to make VR function properly without csp. So i guess it is a csp issue. Now i just have to find the tick box causing it?
Yes :/
I'll do a quick test within the next 30 minutes and check if I'm replicating the issue.
I'll then should be able to find the checkbox quite quickly, so you don't have to do it :)

AC_Albert_Park_NukeTest1.jpg

"Sadly", it looks perfectly fine for me.. Even with all optimizations activated in the General Patch Settings.

So it might be an issue with the VR optimizations. Did you also try it on a monitor?
I can't test the VR section of CSP, since I don't have VR at the moment.

I'm on the free 0.2.2 CSP with Pure 0.235

I also tested 0.1.79, works fine apart from the black sky when using something other than default weather.
0.2.0/1/2 all work fine with standard weather and PURE.

Oh, and could I get the PW so I can join the server and test with its weather settings?
But I really think it has something to do with VR and the VR CSP stuff :(

Last edited:
View attachment 739533

"Sadly", it looks perfectly fine for me.. Even with all optimizations activated in the General Patch Settings.

So it might be an issue with the VR optimizations. Did you also try it on a monitor?
I can't test the VR section of CSP, since I don't have VR at the moment.

I'm on the free 0.2.2 CSP with Pure 0.235

I also tested 0.1.79, works fine apart from the black sky when using something other than default weather.
0.2.0/1/2 all work fine with standard weather and PURE.

Oh, and could I get the PW so I can join the server and test with its weather settings?But I really think it has something to do with VR and the VR CSP stuff :(
SOLVED!!!!!! I am guessing nobody on here likes the grass all nice and weedie.
Grass FX with the latest CSP is the problem. At least it does not look like i need to cut the grass anymore. Looks more like a felt rug now.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea