AC Rd 3 of the F3 Championship -Australian GP 21st March 2024.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
SOLVED!!!!!! I am guessing nobody on here likes the grass all nice and weedie.
Grass FX with the latest CSP is the problem. At least it does not look like i need to cut the grass anymore. Looks more like a felt rug now.
That's very odd, because I gave Grass FX enabled, but I had no 3D grass.
It seems to force something on your system?
Apparently failing and breaking the track though.
What were your grass FX settings before disabling/playing around with it?
It doesn't seem to be the extension as a whole.

Only box i ticked was quality and i had it on low. No blending, no extra pass, nothing really other than extension enabled. Very strange and only this track

Only box i ticked was quality and i had it on low. No blending, no extra pass, nothing really other than extension enabled. Very strange and only this track
Do you have the config for the track?
It got auto-installed for me:
1710798425500.png

My GrassFX works for that track no matter which quality.
But I don't have 3D grass although that config is installed. But I just tested it with the config deleted and still no 3D grass.

But hey, we've found the issue. No idea how to control it, but we've found it :roflmao:

Do you have the config for the track?
It got auto-installed for me:
View attachment 739597

My GrassFX works for that track no matter which quality.
But I don't have 3D grass although that config is installed. But I just tested it with the config deleted and still no 3D grass.

But hey, we've found the issue. No idea how to control it, but we've found it :roflmao:
Hi Rasmus, yes. I have the exact same config as you and auto installed. One of lifes great puzzles. Anyway, we have a workaround which is great. I can now get my but kicked this Thursday after all :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I finally found some time to do a little bit of practice, and after an hour or so I'm fairly confident I have a decent setup for the race (thankfully have a bank of them I can start working from). It might be a little spicy for some, and it's certainly not kind on the rear tyres, so you may want to have a fiddle adding a click of rear wing or reducing the rear wheel rates by a click. Otherwise I feel pretty consistent with it.

I've linked the setup below for content manager users, and attached the file as well. I've also linked my MoTeC telemetry data for the nerds around here, and I posted some reference laps if you want to see all the mistakes I'm making. Stint was done with race fuel and medium tyres so there's plenty more time in the car. Mid-1:38s in qualifying? (Probably not by me).

-Joe :thumbsup:

Setup:
https://acstuff.ru/s/5YoaWY

Stint video:

Telemetry Data:
albert-park_acu_&_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_&_Joseph Elton_&_stint_5.ld
Wow, this is very cool, thanks Joe for posting these.
I just watched how to you drive, now I see why I am so much off!
Could you also share the corresponding .ldx file?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to race tomorrow due to US already gone to day light saving time that puts the race out of my lunch window:( But I will save those for later study!

Congratz Allard for the win , Laurent for p2 and Joseph for p3 . i was a little bit late to the race only to realize that my simrig was signed in with my cousin steam account so i quitted and rejoined a lap later since i dont share with him my steam account . luckly enough for me i did already this track with the same car on wss so was not much big of a deal and with the help of ACRLFuel was no problem at all and tried to be really carefull on overtaking . EDIT : little note i switched to soft for trying the 36.high since i did 37.4 with the mediums but the tyres went overheating due to wrong tyres pressure and i did only 37.3 , 0.1 off the mediums :'D .

Last edited:
I just see that the points system is a bit unfair. Laurent's second place today only gives him 18 points and my third place in the last 2 x 25 minute event gives me 30 points. It shouldn't be like that, right?

About the race: I really like the track, it was a lot of fun.
If anyone else knows that I had a problem with my steering wheel and I thought it was the CSP, no, it wasn't. I moved from "pure" to "sol" so that I could activate CSP 1.79 again. Problem not solved. Today the steering wheel froze 3 times for 1 second. Result: 3 serious accidents.

Result: I will contact the company and request a solution under warranty. If I can't drive here for a while, you'll know why.

All the best to you! :thumbsup:

Great race, everyone! Extremely fast up front - too fast for me, really, hence the mistake. Embarrassing spins to be honest but hey ho.

If anyone wants to see my sweaty perspective for the whole of practice, qualifying and the race then here you go:

I just see that the points system is a bit unfair. Laurent's second place today only gives him 18 points and my third place in the last 2 x 25 minute event gives me 30 points. It shouldn't be like that, right?
Thanks for pointing out it is unfair for me Hank, didn't know it. I don't really care about the points myself as I will probably just pick the races I like. Hope that's okay.

Too bad about your steering wheel issues :S

Sorry I had to leave guys, I just couldt focus anymore due to a TOTALY wrong setup, which was very stable but VERRRRRRRRYYYY slow on the straights. Bottomline is I have to practice, but simply havnt got the time for this.

Good racing guys, specially the first corners, we seem to not hit each other pretty well!

The Jeddah sprint race was a double header so you scored full championship points in both races Hank. With your second place in race 1 earning you 18 pts plus the 12 pts for race two gave you a total of 30 pts. Laurent did not race so no points.
Last night's race was a single race so the normal single points were available, it's the same for everyone and a choice whether to race the double headers or not, so the system seems OK to me.

As for last nights race, a big thanks to all for entering, a good grid line up and some great racing again!

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_albert-park_acu_22-2-124-9-16-3.jpg

It was very close at the top with Thomas just snatching pole position with his last run and Joseph not far behind. But all of Thomas's hard work went out of the window when at the race start he went deep into T1, letting Joseph through.
Joseph stretched out a lead as the rest of the field sorted themselves out on the opening laps but as Allard got clear of the pack he began to hunt Joseph down.
Meanwhile, late starter Fulvio was on a mission to make up the lost lap and was putting in some blistering lap times.
Talking of blistering, Joseph’s rear tyres went off (see what I did there!;)) with 20 minutes to go leading to some small mistakes which allowed Allard to get a better exit off the last corner and take the lead as they crossed the line.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_albert-park_acu_22-2-124-9-19-57.jpg

Once clear, the race win was never in doubt but congratulations to the podiums and all who finished.
Fulvio grabbed the fastest lap point when he switched to soft tyres late on and still leads the Q1 championship at the halfway mark but Allard moves up to second place with Thomas now third overall.

Nice streaming by the way Joseph!:thumbsup:

The skin issue is still there for some, everyone I saw had the correct skin so it seems like you may need to delete the skins you have installed and re-install if you are still seing all white liveries. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLnJDyXHC2is3XS-XRTSOzQLdpLhSrF2/view?usp=sharing

So it’s off to Japan and onto round 4 at Suzuka for the next instalment in this series but if you are looking for some action of a tin-top kind next Thursday, then take a look at this,

AC - Formula Thursday- Stock Cars at the Lausitzring on March 28th. | RaceDepartment

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_albert-park_acu_22-2-124-9-19-57.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_albert-park_acu_22-2-124-9-19-57.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 18
Using the sprint race point system of F1 for the double header races would be the better option I think. But I suppose you can't configure different point systems for individual races.

I thought I had the pole in the bag but I think they went for a last low fuel run which I didn't.

T1 Thomas collected me after his exit out of the grass, luckily I didn't spin out. During the first stint I was matching Allard's times but after the stop I lost touch. I see they both went for mediums there, I should also have tried that. I had trouble getting heat into my tires in the second stint on the hards and that cost me some time.

All in all a good race, I quite enjoyed it. Some small errors here and there but nothing big.

What a disaster race for me. Threw away one of my best qualy efforts in turn 1. Had an ok start from pole but was focusing too long on heliocorsa if Laurent is far away enough to go on normal race line into T1, I messed up braking point which led to going wide and spin. Glad Laurent could go on after contact. Don't have replay so couldn't watch again exactly. Being frustrated at myself because of stupid mistake I couldn't get concentrated and made some more mistakes. Had some good fights after regaining focus. At the end closed the gap to maybe fight for P4 in the last 5 minutes but then my battery of Quest 2 died with 5 minutes to go as I practiced longer prior the race than planned.
Only good thing to take away is that I was able to lay down some good lap times.

Thx for organising and congrats to podium.

The only things that can easily be done about points for the sprints is either a points multiplier (like 0.5x or something) for the second race, or a points multiplier for the whole events. It's a very coarse adjustment that can't be fine tuned so I can see why it's not really an ideal fix. As mentioned it's the same for everyone and over the course of the championship we've got plenty of chances to catch up - plus it's only for fun!

Great race, everyone! Extremely fast up front - too fast for me, really, hence the mistake. Embarrassing spins to be honest but hey ho.

If anyone wants to see my sweaty perspective for the whole of practice, qualifying and the race then here you go:
Great video Joseph! A lot of learning points for me in there :cool: .

Btw, what’s the tires-app you’re using?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea