AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230210-221200.jpg
    Screenshot_20230210-221200.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 27
And John within a tenth of you! So the Abarth is a match for the Mazda here if you can handle it!

Guys, you all have viewing rights now for the results. Tab results should be visible now for you!
Hooyaa! Proper result feedback (esp 'potential' times) - huge thanks Han:inlove:

...all we need now is 'stracker', that's when ppl see in real time where they gain/lose time, really helps self improvement, and makes for closer races!

Hooyaa! Proper result feedback (esp 'potential' times) - huge thanks Han:inlove:

...all we need now is 'stracker', that's when ppl see in real time where they gain/lose time, really helps self improvement, and makes for closer races!
sTracker was up and running right before the new EU data storage laws went live.
I configured everything and was looking forward to using it but from that point, using it would require to get a lawyer for a text pop-up that people would have to accept before joining the servers :(

The developer of sTracker stopped working on it due to that, which is how I found out about the problems.

Here's the link to the explanation:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stracker.3510/update/37998/

How that the laws are in place for a few years, RD might have some experience with it?
I still have the full config + notes/comments on my PC so if it would be possible by now, I'd happily help out :)
I took a look at that. Here is the thing about GDPR, it's not actually very different to the Data Protection Act that preceded it, except it's a little more specific about what constitutes identifiable data and the fines are a lot bigger. If you are in breach of GDPR, you are probably in breach of the earlier ones too. As long as you are using the data for the purpose that the user signed up for (i.e. you are not selling it on to someone else or keeping it for longer than needed), you are fine. The law is there to stop people from opaquely tracking you.

Last edited:
Going to be close looking at the times, both Mazda and Abarth, I think this is going to be about mistakes and where you are, a lucky or unlucky moment in this race.

@RasmusP thankyou for the response, I can only get the aircraft circuit to show offline ( one circuit ) , so can only practice online. It shows the error before I have even got to the first screen and selected the Ui.
So why one circuit and not the other 5, is there a way of tracing it via the fault logs.
Or will it just tell me the obvious, then leave me the problem of changing something and it then fails the sum check when going online?

Last edited:

Had planned to nudge you for that, remembered you mentioned a 'heat map' before. It's a plugin or an app I guess?

Last edited:
Je prend une place en mx si il reste de la place
Sportivement

[mod edit: English is the only permitted language in forum posts; translated by google:]
I take a place in mx if there is room left
Sportingly

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rasmus,

I will try it. But in description says that also the client must have a copy of the new tracks.
So I guess that we then have to upload them to RaceDepartment to make them accessable?
Yeah I don't have access to my pc today and couldn't write more at that moment :whistling:

It was just meant for you to have a look and read what we wrote in there back then.

I think the penalties from the server would work if you'd disable the checksum test.
Not sure what's up with the blackflag line in the ini though...

The only weird thing would be that the drivers wouldn't see their laps invalidated. They'd do "valid" laps while getting warnings from the server :cautious:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 94 91.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 35 34.0%