RBRCIT - RBR Car Installation Tool

So is the server down? Just did an install on a new computer and I cannot download any cars.
Update

I found out that RBRCIT has been updated, and so has the new car download location
http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7878

However, this new list only contain a fraction of the cars I had access to a year ago. Has something happened to all those cars?

The old version you speak of would have been an older NGP version. The new version is NGP 6 and the cars are being updated 1 at a time to ensure quality. So yes, there are a lot less cars (for now at least) than you remember.

Yes i got it to work some time ago (but thanks) and i now see the NGP is updated with new stuff, i dont fullyu understand what the new features is though :) ..

Changelog
2020-01-02
* updated PhysicsNG (NGP6) plugin to version 6.2.748.416
** new feature: UDP telemetry
** added telemetry values: roll, pitch, yaw
** snow tyre optimized

Thanks, but yes what i actually did not understand is what Telemetry Values is (yes i did google, but it was a bit to complex to understand rigth away what this meant in this setting, to me). Edit: Ok its for "talking" with other programs like SimHub, my SimHub setup does not work right now so thats probably the reason :)

I did feel a huge improvement driving grip on snow and it feels more corret to me (To me Finland was one of the hardest stages to win with NGP), iven tough i could not say as i never drove that fast on snow/ice in real life. I get far better times now :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

Tiny question:
If I add the WRC 2.0 to the list and want to play the championship does the AI use the cars as well?

Ps. Lovely program. Always keep it update and such. :inlove:

Last edited by a moderator:

Problem wit the APPLY button​

Is it normal if I cant find the APPLY button?

I am exactly the same. Please help me!

Windows10 64bit 20H2 19042.906
hey found the solution
right click on exe goto properties and change the high DPI scaling override by app

I had to download the carList file manually. Now it complains it can't find "savedlists." Clicking "continue" open the app, but every operation you do throws the same error.

Last edited:
This tool allows you to easily install new cars (and their NGP physics) before starting the game. It works with a carList.ini file maintained by WorkerBee, which can be updated from the tool with just a click. This file serves as the internal "database" of vehicles. The vehicle model and NGP Physics of each vehicle in this list can be downloaded with just a click.

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/zissakos/RBRCIT/releases

OVERVIEW VIDEO:

Usage:
- Unzip the "RBRCIT v1.x.x.zip" archive into your RBR root folder!
- Start the RBRCIT.exe

- On startup the tool reads the currently installed cars and shows them in the right panel in gray color. Any change you make will be displayed in black. The "Apply" button will be enabled only if there is at least one change (one black line) in the right panel.

- Choose cars from the list on the left and add them to one of the 8 game slots in the right panel with a double click in the row or click on the (right) arrow button.
*** You can only add vehicles that you have both the model and physics.

- Remove a car from the right panel with either a double click in the row or a click on the (left) arrow button.

- Change the engine sound by either clicking in the "Sound" column of the vehicle or clicking the "Settings" button.
*** In order for this to work, the "audio.dat" file needs to be ectracted into an "Audio" subfolder. This tool can do that for you: on startup the tool will check if this subfolder exist and if not, it will ask you to extract it.

- In the "Settings" (cog button) of a car you can hide parts i.e. Steering Wheel, Wipers or the windshield. This is a per-car setting and will be remembered for the specific car. If you want to always hide some parts, there are parameters in RBRCIT.ini for that.

- When done, hit "Apply".

Check the "Tools" and "Downloads" menus for
- updating the carList.ini file
- downloading missing physics (especially after cars have been
added to the carList.ini)
- Backup & Restore
- Restoring the original RBR cars

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Workerbee (for his invaluable support and testing, and all the great past work!!!)
- kegetys (for the dattool)
This tool allows you to easily install new cars (and their NGP physics) before starting the game. It works with a carList.ini file maintained by WorkerBee, which can be updated from the tool with just a click. This file serves as the internal "database" of vehicles. The vehicle model and NGP Physics of each vehicle in this list can be downloaded with just a click.

OVERVIEW VIDEO:

Usage:
- Start the RBRCIT.exe

- On startup the tool reads the currently installed cars and shows them in the right panel in gray color. Any change you make will be displayed in black. The "Apply" button will be enabled only if there is at least one change (one black line) in the right panel.

- Choose cars from the list on the left and add them to one of the 8 game slots in the right panel with a double click in the row or click on the (right) arrow button.

- Remove a car from the right panel with either a double click in the row or a click on the (left) arrow button.

- Change the engine sound by either clicking in the "Sound" column of the vehicle or clicking the "Settings" button.
*** In order for this to work, the "audio.dat" file needs to be ectracted into an "Audio" subfolder. This tool can do that for you: on startup the tool will check if this subfolder exist and if not, it will ask you to extract it.

- In the "Settings" (cog button) of a car you can hide parts i.e. Steering Wheel, Wipers or the windshield. This is a per-car setting and will be remembered for the specific car. If you want to always hide some parts, there are parameters in RBRCIT.ini for that.

- Backup & Restore

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Workerbee (for his invaluable support and testing, and all the great past work!!!)
Hello

OVERVIEW VIDEO:

Usage:
- Start the RBRCIT.exe

- Backup & Restore

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Hello zissakos, thanks for sharing your video about this tool.
I have a question regarding the car list in your video, why does you have some different cars compare to my list.
For example I saw the Kadett C Rally in your list. Is this car included in the cz. Plug-in?
I have the hu. Plug-in.

Thanks
Fred

Hello

Hello zissakos, thanks for sharing your video about this tool.
I have a question regarding the car list in your video, why does you have some different cars compare to my list.
For example I saw the Kadett C Rally in your list. Is this car included in the cz. Plug-in?
I have the hu. Plug-in.

Thanks
Fred
I'm not zissakos but I think I can answer. NGP 6 introduction required a rework of every car and in the process many cars were dropped from the list pending better technical data for the more sophisticated NGP 6 revision, IIRC. For some time, HU had separate sections for NGP 5 and NGP 6 (you can still see the buttons at the top of the page although now NGP 5 is discontinued and not selectable) because many people still wanted to rally the cars not available in NGP 6. I don't know if those cars will return at some point. Not all hope is lost because, for example, the Fiat 131 was recently reintroduced in NGP 7.

Problem wit the APPLY button​

Is it normal if I cant find the APPLY button?

I am exactly the same. Please help me!

Windows10 64bit 20H2 19042.906

Old but since I had the same issue and just now resolved it. YAY I can play with mod cars now!

Im running RBRCIT.v1.0.6 and the solution for me was that dpi change, then using fullscreen RBR CIT application and drag the invisible middle divider with left mouse click... till the button showed itself, then I clicked it and "cars installed" was shown. It's very fiddly miracle that I could even figure out that was how it worked

EDIT: in the picture I say middle mouse, but I meant left mouse button. You hover till your mouse changes icon and click-drag it to reveal the apply button, which for me didn't fully reveal but was enough space to click it.
EDIT 2: fixed picture, uploaded that too for reference

Attachments

• How I got RBR CIT to apply install my cars YES in 2023 with old version um0h5G.png
    How I got RBR CIT to apply install my cars YES in 2023 with old version um0h5G.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 66
  • FIXED writing um0h5G not middle mouse lol.png
    FIXED writing um0h5G not middle mouse lol.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back