RBRCIT - RBR Car Installation Tool

I just released version 1.0.6, which adds support for an external zip program (like 7zip) for unzipping downloaded (car) files. Much faster now.

Will you update RBRCIT to the new NGP 6 physics? I haven't tried the new physics purely because I'm so used to using RBRCIT and don't want to mess up my installations/cars. :)

Zissakos does not deal with physics.

Looks like you have been living under a rock, the official link to NGP 6 related stuff is still this.

We have a switcher (NGP 5 to 6 and back), which I have to update to the new RBRCIT v1.0.6.

WTF? Last NGP6 RBRCIT download only original car list

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 429
WTF? Last NGP6 RBRCIT download only original car list

Not sure but really this can only mean one thing: you have to go back to "NGP5 mode" (NGP5.cmd with the switcher) and then download everything again in RBRCIT, and it will be OK again. (To clarify: RBRCIT will then download the latest NGP6 content, not NGP5 as it's obsolete.)

Not sure but really this can only mean one thing: you have to go back to "NGP5 mode" (NGP5.cmd with the switcher) and then download everything again in RBRCIT, and it will be OK again. (To clarify: RBRCIT will then download the latest NGP6 content, not NGP5 as it's obsolete.)
thanks, the ngp6 carlist is in the ngp5 link (RBRCIT5.ini)

edit: i can see now that the problem started when i pushed update carlist.ini , then i can see the file is removed after an error message. Next time i start RBRcit it ofc says "cant find carlist.ini"
Win10 updated automaticly today, i have tried to stop this but win10 is living its own life so at the end you cant stop it, just postpone it for some time. Now i have huge problems with RBRcit becouse windows is stopping the program, can happen in the midle of the physic update etc, i got one error message at a point and where i then could tell Win10 that i wanted this App to run, worked for a bit but then blocked again, and now my carlist.ini is not working, NGP is not acitve in game anymore i also lost all my wheel settings.

First of all i just want to know if anyone else has trouble now?. The trouble started when i tried to "download missing physics" the carlist.ini file was then removed from its location and the first error was "cant find carlist.ini", i manually added the file agian and now it fails to update and download physics and cars ..

Coudl also be a Remote problem it seems:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
at RBRCIT.RBRCITModel.DownloadCarListINI()
at RBRCIT.Form1.MenuUpdateCarList_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

Last edited:
Hey Glenn, you're not the only one with this issue. I have the exact same problem. Exactly the same problem. I'm highly inclined to believe this has nothing to do with Windows 10 update and everything to do with the server that these cars and physics models are stored is simply DOWN!

I've checked my files and every single file that is supposed to be there in the folder is there.

And with the error of "The remote server returned an error" that makes me very much believe there is a server down.

I hope we can get this squared away quickly. I understand things happen so I hope it's an easy fix.

Peace, Defender

You're most welcome, Defender, I cannot quite understand why I hadn't post the links earlier, was a no-brainer really, because it should now stop all the technical questions regarding RBRCIT or NGP, or at least porridge hopes so, because he nor anyone else aren't that arsed to reply anymore on this particular platform.

And if one's not too old for Discord (although most RBR gamers are), Hubert's RBR Zone is one of the better ways to stay on the pulse of all things RBR: https://discord.gg/ATk42e8

I found out that it it was actually workerbee that have moved things around a bit later, yes.

You're most welcome, Defender, I cannot quite understand why I hadn't post the links earlier, was a no-brainer really, because it should now stop all the technical questions regarding RBRCIT or NGP, or at least porridge hopes so, because he nor anyone else aren't that arsed to reply anymore on this particular platform.

And if one's not too old for Discord (although most RBR gamers are), Hubert's RBR Zone is one of the better ways to stay on the pulse of all things RBR: https://discord.gg/ATk42e8

Yes, im 43 years old, so old. So what is Discord and why is it a problem bieng old?. If it is a RBR comunity there im sure many of the same age as me are using it?.

So is the server down? Just did an install on a new computer and I cannot download any cars.
Update

I found out that RBRCIT has been updated, and so has the new car download location
http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7878

However, this new list only contain a fraction of the cars I had access to a year ago. Has something happened to all those cars?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years