RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
And here you can see how the wheel calibrates itself and starts shaking right after I plug it into my pc after it got restarted without any game on or something. Sometimes it's not doing that. Sometimes it centers itself and stays in the middle without vibrating or being very hard to turn (you can turn it and it comes back to the middle like it's being pulled by a rubber band). For example I turned my pc on now after it was off for like 2 hours and it calibrated itself without vibration and with that rubber band feel, but after a few seconds it started vibrating. Very strange behaviour.

Your settings look good!
Which LUT are you using?
The "recommended" one needs 50% gain in the game menu, not 100%.

But that shaking without even running a game is very strange!
I would try a different USB port (or change all USB plugs into your pc). Sometimes there are issues with certain combinations.

That's definitely not normal! I hope your G25 isn't "broken" :(

Do you have any game specific profiles?

Your settings look good!
Which LUT are you using?
The "recommended" one needs 50% gain in the game menu, not 100%.

But that shaking without even running a game is very strange!
I would try a different USB port (or change all USB plugs into your pc). Sometimes there are issues with certain combinations.

That's definitely not normal! I hope your G25 isn't "broken" :(

Do you have any game specific profiles?
I am using the recommended LUT with 50% gain. Now I played a bit of AC and until I crashed the wheel was fine. Then it started shaking again and then it was fine again. It’s a very strange behaviour.

I bought the wheel broken. The 2 MOSFETS were burnt because the motors got dirty. I got that replaced and the engines clean and paired them to a new optical encoder out of metal. The wheel is recognized and works fine until it starts shaking like crazy. It feels like it’s trying to come to the center the whole time, like it’s doing some sort of calibration.

I am using the recommended LUT with 50% gain. Now I played a bit of AC and until I crashed the wheel was fine. Then it started shaking again and then it was fine again. It’s a very strange behaviour.

I bought the wheel broken. The 2 MOSFETS were burnt because the motors got dirty. I got that replaced and the engines clean and paired them to a new optical encoder out of metal. The wheel is recognized and works fine until it starts shaking like crazy. It feels like it’s trying to come to the center the whole time, like it’s doing some sort of calibration.
Seems like it has some issues even though your repairs seem to work perfectly sometimes.
Sadly I have absolutely no clue about what to do with it :(

Seems like it has some issues even though your repairs seem to work perfectly sometimes.
Sadly I have absolutely no clue about what to do with it :(
Well I have taken the steering wheel apart for the 7th time already and this time when I put it back together the wheel calibrated itself and didn’t vibrate at all. AC works flawlessly now.

Hopefully I didn’t just jinxed it with this post!

Well I jinxed it......Turned my pc on, and it's doing it again.....It might be something with the drivers idk....

Is it possible to install older drivers?

Well I jinxed it......Turned my pc on, and it's doing it again.....It might be something with the drivers idk....

Is it possible to install older drivers?
Ah crap :(
Good question.. You might find some older logitech profiler somewhere on the Internet.
Maybe you should create a thread either in the AC section, since it's the most active, or in the simracing hardware forum section.

I bet quite a lot of RD users have wheel drivers on their hard drives from a decade ago etc!

Well now I installed the driver again (over the one I already have) and the wheel is fine.....

I will create a thread about it, it seems to be a very awkward thing

@Dember
Hi, this is the reply to your PM. I've sent you the link :)
So how are you using Assetto Corsa? The standard launcher or are you using Content Manager?
And what did you do up until today to get the LUT running?

In theory, you just open the downloaded zip, open it, click into the G920 folder and you'll see 2 files.
- Mark both, press ctrl+c or rightclick->copy.
- Then navigate to:
Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
- Rightclick somewhere in that folder without clicking on any file and click on "paste".
- Or press ctrl+v

Both files are in the correct folder now and everything should be applied automatically.
If you restart content manager, it should show the LUT now!

Hello, I'm a g27 user, but when drifting, the steering wheel vibrates excessively when it hits anywhere, and now the steering wheel started to vibrate while the vehicle is stationary, I wonder what is the solution?
Hi,
Can you take Screenshots of all your wheel settings?
The vibration while stationary is normal, the wheel doesn't move, right? Just vibrates a little?

Vibrating is normal, shaking is not!
It's "ffb noise" for when the ffb output is 0%. It makes passing the center position perfectly smooth. For drifting, I really like this.

Without the standing still vibration, you would feel a little "clack" when passing the center position.

About the vibration while drifting:
What is your "slip" setting in the ffb settings?
It's an effect that makes the wheel vibrate when your rear wheel are sliding.
For racing, that's nice. You can feel when you get wheelspin or lose the rear end.
For drifting, "slip" needs to be 0%!

If you post all your settings, I'll check if I can spot anything wrong :)

If you want to get rid of the vibrating while standing still (it doesn't harm the wheel!):
Open the lut file in your documents\assetto corsa\cfg folder with notepad or so.
Then edit the very first line from
0.00 | 0.xx

To
0.00 | 0.00

Hi,
Can you take Screenshots of all your wheel settings?
The vibration while stationary is normal, the wheel doesn't move, right? Just vibrates a little?

Vibrating is normal, shaking is not!
It's "ffb noise" for when the ffb output is 0%. It makes passing the center position perfectly smooth. For drifting, I really like this.

Without the standing still vibration, you would feel a little "clack" when passing the center position.

About the vibration while drifting:
What is your "slip" setting in the ffb settings?
It's an effect that makes the wheel vibrate when your rear wheel are sliding.
For racing, that's nice. You can feel when you get wheelspin or lose the rear end.
For drifting, "slip" needs to be 0%!

If you post all your settings, I'll check if I can spot anything wrong :)

If you want to get rid of the vibrating while standing still (it doesn't harm the wheel!):
Open the lut file in your documents\assetto corsa\cfg folder with notepad or so.
Then edit the very first line from
0.00 | 0.xx

To
0.00 | 0.00
1671974183131.png

1671974204236.png

A bit sarcastic: why are you asking for help in this thread, when you are using a LUT-Generator LUT instead of my pack? :p

You need to set kayma efekti to 0%.
That's the "slip" setting I'm talking about.
Btw I would suggest to set your content manager to English so you can use guides and your own Screenshots a lot more easily.
Luckily I know most positions of settings and the language doesn't matter.

Can you post Screenshots of the "axis" settings in CM with the steering degrees, speed sensitivity etc?

You're only using 718° in the logitech profiler. This will raise the ffb gain internally so if your wheel is right on the edge of starting to shake with 900°, it will definitely shake with 718°.

Is your game set to 718° too or to 900°?

Biraz alaycı: Benim paketim yerine bir LUT Jeneratörü LUT kullanırken neden bu başlıkta yardım istiyorsun?:p

Kayma işlevini %0 olarak ayarlamanız gerekir.
Bahsettiğim "kayma" ayarı bu.
Bu arada, içerik yöneticinizi İngilizce olarak ayarlamanızı öneririm, böylece kılavuzları ve kendi Ekran Görüntülerinizi çok daha kolay kullanabilirsiniz.
Neyse ki ayarların çoğu konumunu biliyorum ve dil önemli değil.

CM'deki "eksen" ayarlarının ekran görüntülerini direksiyon dereceleri, hız hassasiyeti vb. İle birlikte gönderebilir misiniz?

Logitech profil oluşturucuda yalnızca 718° kullanıyorsunuz. Bu, dahili olarak ffb kazancını artıracaktır, yani tekerleğiniz 900° ile sallanmaya başlamanın hemen eşiğindeyse, kesinlikle 718° ile sallanacaktır.

Oyununuz da 718°'ye mi yoksa 900°'ye mi ayarlı?
1671981726004.png

üzgünüm ben de seninkini denedim ama titreştiği için doğrudan rastgele birini seçtim ya da seninkini denedim

Biraz alaycı: Benim paketim yerine bir LUT Jeneratörü LUT kullanırken neden bu başlıkta yardım istiyorsun?:p

Kayma işlevini %0 olarak ayarlamanız gerekir.
Bahsettiğim "kayma" ayarı bu.
Bu arada, içerik yöneticinizi İngilizce olarak ayarlamanızı öneririm, böylece kılavuzları ve kendi Ekran Görüntülerinizi çok daha kolay kullanabilirsiniz.
Neyse ki ayarların çoğu konumunu biliyorum ve dil önemli değil.

CM'deki "eksen" ayarlarının ekran görüntülerini direksiyon dereceleri, hız hassasiyeti vb. İle birlikte gönderebilir misiniz?

Logitech profil oluşturucuda yalnızca 718° kullanıyorsunuz. Bu, dahili olarak ffb kazancını artıracaktır, yani tekerleğiniz 900° ile sallanmaya başlamanın hemen eşiğindeyse, kesinlikle 718° ile sallanacaktır.

Oyununuz da 718°'ye mi yoksa 900°'ye mi ayarlı?
1671981946558.png

View attachment 625891
üzgünüm ben de seninkini denedim ama titreştiği için doğrudan rastgele birini seçtim ya da seninkini denedim
Aaaah okay!
Yeah 3 problems here:
1. Use the "recommend" lut
2. Put the gain to 50%!!!
3. Put Kayma Efekti to 0%

Then the 4th problem:
When you use less than 900°, the ffb gain gets higher internally.
So the very soft vibrations from my LUT will get a lot stronger.

Set Content Manager to 900 and logitech profiler to 900 too.
Then report back how it is :)

Additional:
If a car had 500° in real life and you set your wheel to 900 and CM to 900:
Your logitech wheel and the ingame wheel will move 1:1 but after 500°, the ingame wheel will stop moving.

You will have exactly the same steering as in real life.

At 900, the logitech wheel will hit the limit.

If the car has 500 and you set CM and Logitech to 600, everything will be the same but the ffb gain will be higher internally.
And the logitech wheel will hit the limit at 600.

If the car has 500 and you set CM and Logitech to 250, the ffb gain will be extremely high internal and the wheel will shake like crazy.
Also, you won't have 1:1 steering like in real life.
Instead the car will be 2x sensitive, since the real life 500 degrees will be compressed into 250 degrees.

Summary:
Set CM and Logitech to the maximum and all cars will steer like in real life and the ffb gain will be correct.

Hi mate,
could you describe what exactly you mean by "sensation of power steering enabled"?
I'm asking because AC has no power steering simulation at all. My LUT config doesn't change anything else apart from the first 20% of ffb being stronger (but in a smooth curve instead of just +15%) to get rid of the deadzone.
Power steering would mean a dynamic compression of steering forces.

When going from the G27 with my LUT to the CSW 2.5, which has no deadzone, everything felt the same, apart from being way stronger and allowing for more dynamic.

So my thoughts are that you mean 2 things by "sensation of power steering":
1. power steering cars are always very tight around the center because of the hydraulic pressure.
cars without power steering feel a bit weak around the center in city traffic.

2. the dynamic range is too low, which is a bit like power steering in real life

The thing is, though, that cars without power steering feel super tight on the Autobahn at higher speeds. And AC is only good at simulating driving quite fast. Everything below 60 kph is a bit "meh".
And the G27 simply has not enough torque to give the dynamic sensation of no-power-steering-cars :(

Quite a long explanation but if you want a bit less tightness around the center and a bit more dynamic range:
Go into your CSP settings (are you using custom shaders patch?), go into the ffb tweaks extention and enable the "Steering range compression".
This is ACTUALLY a dynamic compression of forces. Default is 100%.
300% is like modern power steering in road cars.
For you, 50-70% should achieve what you're searching for :)
Hi RasmasP, Sorry for the late reply. So it turns out it was probably user error on my behalf and to much expectation out of my G27. I just wanted to say I appreciate your commenting to help/assist. Im still using your gamma LUT still today. It works great. Anyway thanks hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year

Hi im using this lut file and i find the steering wheel to be lighter than before,is it normal?its not affecting my driving but i was just wondering.
my wheel is the dfgt

Hi RasmasP, Sorry for the late reply. So it turns out it was probably user error on my behalf and to much expectation out of my G27. I just wanted to say I appreciate your commenting to help/assist. Im still using your gamma LUT still today. It works great. Anyway thanks hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year
Hi,
seems like I forgot to reply again too :roflmao:
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 253 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 270 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back