Rally - "WRC World Tour" - Mon 10th & Tues 11th January 2011

VERY pleased with how that went tonight! :banana:

After a couple of frustrating rallies lately, I decided to take it a touch easier tonight and it seemed to pay off on this rather tricky set of stages. RSCenter seemed to kick me from the session before I could see the final results, but I think I ended up 4th or 5th overall in the EU session. If I can hang on for a Top 10 overall, I'll be thrilled! :D

SS1 - Clean, but didn't realise until later that the WRC version has 6 gears lol.
SS2 - Cautious, but clean. Strange stall at halfway cost me some time - engine died but didn't show as a stall.
SS3 - Probably my untidiest stage of the evening, but came close to sliding off a bridge. Happily avoided upsetting the family in that house this time. :)
SS4 - Fairly clean with just a minor hit on a bank, but no damage caused.
SS5 - Clean apart from 2 minor spins, 4th in EU session.
SS6 - In a strong position so I took absolutely no risks here. Unspectacular, but clean.
SS7 - Ok, nothing special to report
SS8 - Yet another clean one and managed to avoid the tree I've always hit in practice.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26196370/WT_SS3.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26196371/WT_SS5.rpl

That was great fun, had good pace until lost concentration for a few seconds on stage 6 and bang! car would not restart. gutted! but great fun, lovely pace from Simone, see ya at the next rally :)

easily my best RBR club event ever. I tried to treat this like an event with cumulative damage and really chose the early breakpoint sth. like 95% of all turns (and this is on top of my usually very early breakpoints, lol). Not a single retirement!

stage01: 2:36 very cautious, I guess not one drift in any of the turns, nearly killed three marshalls, probably they thought I would never reach them I was sooo slow. 12th of 19

stage02: 5:25 very hard work on this tight track, feet dancing up and down and down and up, somehow survived in 9th and - this is a moment to cherish - for the first time ever in any game/league faster than Gregory (thx m8) overall 9th

stage03: 3:03 nice smooth run, two small problems due to being overly cautious, 9th again, 7th overall

stage04: 6:17 even knowing the stage this was hard work, totally lost concentration about halfway through but somehow got through unscathed in pos 9 again, overall 6th (hehe)

stage05: 6:40 first small mistake: I misread the name and figured this was Joux Plane so I chose long gears, lol. Also I never got round to making the handbrake work the way it should, dunno why. Gave up and took all the hairpins without it, which is a pain. Car was so jumpy felt like the Gumpert in GTREvo. 13th, overall still 6th

stage06: 8:04 ardous, when I tried to set the break balance I noticed that it is at max pressure by default in Carlo mod? why that? lowered it to about half, one 180 degree spin on the 400m straight, not happy with the flow of this stage at all, 12th, down to 7th overall, Mikael Hellen (Swedish guy) behind me 29 secs down but two snow stages coming up ...

stage07: 4:03, nice rhythmic run, finished my usual 12th, still in 7th overall but two guys changed position around me. only 9 secs down to Dariusz in 6th very tempted to attack on final stage.

stage08: 4:31 average run, missed first hairpin and had to reverse, rest ok but starting to feel a bit tired physically. 12th again and 7th overall in this session, wedged in safely between Dariusz and Rob.

if this had been cumulative damage, my mechanics would have loved me, brought the Focus home with no damage whatsoever on each stage.

Thx Warren, Senad and anybody else involved in this for setting it up, great show!

Total disaster on my side, forgot to save my profile after the update. Had to set the controls before every race. And after the 3 race, camera hack 3.0 decides to take a brake, and since i am racing on an eyefinity setup i had to retire the 5 last stages. But will be back stronger next time. :)

Well the OCX is over and all i can say is THANK THE LORD!!!!! I guess this is proof that you should not drive after working all night, coming home and rushing to get on, lol.

Me thinks someone has been a'practicing huh Senad?;) Even when I was driving well my split times were being beaten by you very often. Maybe its time to promote you to Premier league in the RDRC? mwah ha ha.

SS1
Nice start... Caught that ditch in the road (don't know the English word...) in that first hard corner after the start. Almost spun completely...

SS2
Relatively okay. Had to back up once. Was amazed and scared in the twisty bits, as soon as I touched the gas pedal, the car surged forward, with brakes and everything.

SS3
Bad. Was riding the brake all the time, must've been half a minute slower than anyone in the end. But then I hit a tree head on, 100m before the end, and lost the gearbox. No CFH luckily, managed to squeeze the car between the tree and the fence
Only 12 seconds slower than Rick, I'm surprised :eek:

SS4
Jesus, very scary... Don't know the stage in the day, and I had no idea where to go in the night :D. I was on the brake pedal more than on the gas.
One small reverse, and a lucky barrel roll in the middle

SS5
Totally embarrassing. I'm nowhere near good enough to drive these cars properly. Braking all the time again. The only interesting bit was me reversing into a hairpin not long after the start :D

SS6
Understeering everywhere. Just tried to get it home in one piece. No major drama, just some scraping along the fences.

SS7
Nothing interesting.

SS8
All mistakes I didn't make in the first 7 stages, I made in the last 300 metres in the rally :mad:
Killed a couple of marshals, spun a bit, did a 360 flip over the nose!

Overall, nice car, enjoyed it. But there's no way in hell I'm going anywhere near the Premier League :D
Here's hoping for a top half finish, tough competition :eek:

EDIT:

Me thinks someone has been a'practicing huh Senad?;) Even when I was driving well my split times were being beaten by you very often. Maybe its time to promote you to Premier league in the RDRC? mwah ha ha.

No practicing, couldn't be arsed :D. Just some Rally School runs to decide the car, and heavy braking all the time.

I had 3 practice rallyes but my actuall event was the worst by far, time wise:redface:. To my defence i did them in different cars, the C4 is very nice but very different, have to get used to it before session 2.

ss.1: killed some marshals 30sec into the stage, ''nice'' start to the rally...14th

ss.2: very carefull & slow, tried to get the ''feel'' for the car....2nd, +8sec to Simone

ss.3: the one i was hoping to win & it bite me in my a.. DNF

ss.4: very bad start to it, have spuned like 3 times before 1st sector & funny handling afterwards but still finished in 2nd only 2sec off Simone's time, very surprising...

ss.5: hate tarmac so very very carefull with the goal not to go off....4th + 4sec to Mark, happy :)

ss.6: very tricky but i love the Monte Carlo mod...2nd + 5sec to Simone

ss.7: i WON a stage..lol..not sure how with my clumsy driving but no off's:rolleyes:

ss.8: going good untill a tree decided to grew on MY racing line:confused::D,only 4th gear afterwards...still finished in 5th +16sec only:confused: :D.

I,ve managed to climb back up to 6th overall after my unfortunate start so not to bad. I,m sure that will not hold once all done their runs.
IF it wasn't for my Sheperd Shield retirement i would have finished strong 2nd so very happy with my slowly increasing confidence & speed:cool:, now its time for consistency:rolleyes::rolleyes:. And what is more encouraging there is still SOO much more room to improve with my driving:). What a game:love::love::rally:.

Congrats to Simone for the EU ( possibly overall ) win, well deserved m8:good:, and to Terri & Lukasz for the podiums :).
And well done to my TBR team mate Mikael for getting one over me for the 1st time:tongue::tongue::tongue::D.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26188406/WT_ss4.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26188407/WT_ss8.rpl

Wow did I make it into the podium in the EU session or your talking about my miracle 3rd place(iirc) in one of the stages:facepalm:? Time info was gone before I can see all the result after ss8

but a really great and fun first rally event for me with you guys!

..not much to say because I drive so cautiously(I guess some called it boring driving) but still not that clean and then...

ss6 - where I was going really slow but still the car is under-steering to much hit a hump and did a roll and roll.. how do you drive in monte-carlo mode??

ss7 - "there is a bridge located after a jump".. after that jump I found my self on the left side going straight through the side of the bridge.. I just close my eye's and hope I won't be stuck under it luckily I didn't :wink:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26188632/Terri_B._krpk_replay.rar

Wow did I make it into the podium in the EU session or your talking about my miracle 3rd place(iirc) in one of the stages:facepalm:? Time info was gone before I can see all the result after ss8

but a really great and fun first rally event for me with you guys!

..not much to say because I drive so cautiously(I guess some called it boring driving) but still not that clean and then...

ss6 - where I was going really slow but still the car is under-steering to much hit a hump and did a roll and roll.. how do you drive in monte-carlo mode??

ss7 - "there is a bridge located after a jump".. after that jump I found my self on the left side going straight through the side of the bridge.. I just close my eye's and hope I won't be stuck under it luckily I didn't :wink:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26188632/Terri_B._krpk_replay.rar

You were 2nd in the EU session :)

And as far as Monte Carlo goes, I just bounce off fences :D

Well, nothing quite like jumping in at the hardcore end for my debut rally. :)

Two retirements, one or two CFH and a coupla flat marshals does not the leaderboard set alight but still totally enjoyed it. Seem to lose concentration during the last split... now did he say "K right" or "flat left"?

Will be back for more and joining the league - narrowed it down to a choice of two cars after the event.

Thanks for settting up.

Oceania is done and dusted, and I was fairly pleased with my first run in the new Subaru S14. Not sure if it was fast, but it was nice and stable for me across most of the surfaces used tonight.
I actually managed a rally with no major crashes, but with a few hairy moments.

SS06 in the Monte Carlo mod was very sideways at times but was a hell of a lot of fun.
SS04, New Bobs at night scared me to death, I was on edge the entire drive and thankful to get it home in one piece.
Both Snow Stages at Finland were my worst, the Suby seemed too tail happy, but probably just my bad driving technique.

Overall very happy to keep the car clean.

Had some nice battles with Eddie (who mixed some very fast stages with some obvious crashes :frown:), Damien ( still trying to get to grips with the Suby) and Kevin (very steady all night). Senad had an early thrash but disappeared.

Thanks guys, and thanks also to Damien for the TS company.

BTW: I have webbed feet now from all the flooding rains that are drenching my State of Queensland. :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

Finished the event... I retire on the wet French stage in the last sector... I corrected a drift too much and hit a tree head on... :(

The monte carlo stage was horrible, sometimes there was a lot of grip, sometimes there was none, only drove this stage twice and couldn't trust the pacenotes which resulted in me driving slow and still crashing a few times...

The snowstages were a lot of fun!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea