Rally - Real WRC Team Trial - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th May 2011

Being realistic damage event, i decided to have my own practice rally tonight, and to check out the car. Have to say i,m not a fan of those high revving engines and was expecting S2000 like ride. Oh boy, still don't like the engine BUT maneuverability and grip ( especially under braking ) makes up for it very nicely :)

Looking to complete the rally under 53 min if i don't crash:sheep:, didn't happen with my practice so i,m optimistic :).
BTW: is there a reason for England being on gravel mod? Just curious :redface:

Good luck everyone :)

Edit: i suggest setting the brake bias to the rear a bit, trail braking works very good with this car :)

@ Ondrej, I think the jury is still out on the Realistic damage setting. SOME people didn't like it, others were happy with it. That's why we are testing it further. I don't expect this test to be as deadly as the Monte one, but you still need to be a tad more careful.

@Dariusz, The Gravel mod setting is intentional, but it's mainly just because it looks a little different and creates a different atmosphere. Everything looks a little dry and sandy. However, I'd guess that the grip level is pretty much the same the as Normal. With Gravel mod, it's also a bit easier to distinguish the road.
Just trying to add a bit of variety. :tongue:

It is with regret that I am going to have to withdraw from this rally. I just haven't had any time to get to know the stages at all and having never driven them would not be happy going into an event under prepared.

Unfortunately I have been flat stick since last Wednesday and have only now just been able to take some time to unwind. Apologies if this has caused any extra work for the admin team. Keegan I'm sorry to miss your first event but you will be in great hands with Warren and the rest of the lads on team speak and I'm sure they'll take the time to help you out if you have any problems or questions.

Cheers Al

John Cunningham - HH_BF1 - Citroen- EU

I might make it tonight, but the are are 70mph (yup 70mph) winds today so i may be a wee bit to tired after windsurfing. If anyone else fills the spaces please let them go instead of me. I left it till the last minute to see if there where any free slots to go in as 'reserve'. I also have had NO practice what-so-ever in this car.(but i likes a challenge). So if im still alive and able to lift my arms, see u all later!

Looking to complete the rally under 53 min if i don't crash:sheep:, didn't happen with my practice so i,m optimistic :).

i set up a session last night and Simone sniffed it out, he was flying, can`t remember what his finish time was but it was bloody quick :)

thanks for the tip on the brakes, i increased the brake pressure but left the bias alone, i also raised the car a little and sofend the susspension to try and handle the bumps a bit better which helped a little but the car seems so very light i got air boorne over a creast that is usualy easy flatout in 5th, but in this light weight i flew into a tree lol

@Dariusz, The Gravel mod setting is intentional, but it's mainly just because it looks a little different and creates a different atmosphere. Everything looks a little dry and sandy. However, I'd guess that the grip level is pretty much the same the as Normal. With Gravel mod, it's also a bit easier to distinguish the road.
Just trying to add a bit of variety. :tongue:

another way to look at it is with global warming thats what the English stages will look like in the future :facepalm:

Re the realistic damadge, so far in testing i have found sometimes you can get away with little damadge by going of, at Noiker i went of 3 times once in 5th gear and hit a tree headon and the other 2 times just clipped a tree at slower speed, then at Prospect Ridge i hit a tree in 2nd and killed my engine. so you just can`t afford to make any mistakes which i think makes the realistic damadge realistic. still not a huge fan of it as i get a huge buzz driving fast and on the limit, something i can`t afford to do with realistic damadge though, but it wount keep me away as i must get my rally fix every week :D:D:D

i set up a session last night and Simone sniffed it out, he was flying, can`t remember what his finish time was but it was bloody quick :)

thanks for the tip on the brakes, i increased the brake pressure but left the bias alone, i also raised the car a little and sofend the susspension to try and handle the bumps a bit better which helped a little but the car seems so very light i got air boorne over a creast that is usualy easy flatout in 5th, but in this light weight i flew into a tree lol

I don't remember what it was my finish time,but you can stay quiet for tonight's race because I can't partecipate to the race,thank you for the good words about me!

Man, how disappointing. Got kicked into some overtime at work, and just got home, half an hour late for my session :frown: Sorry Senad, a big miss on my behalf :poke:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back