Rally - Real WRC Team Trial - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th May 2011

First stage was a disaster, retired near the end. Then lowered the rotation quite a lot, and ended up with a much more responsive and easy to drive car. Happy with that.

SS2 wasn't really great, but in the end only 2 seconds behind Dariusz. Happy with that too.
Went off road a few times, 100+ km/h over rough terrain, bushes, branches, no noticeable damage.

SS3 wasn't great also, and I killed the car near the end with a very slight hit. I hate realistic damage.

Rolled halfway through the first stage, lost 10-15 seconds on that one, I think.
Clean on SS2, but maybe not fast enough.
Overshot and lost 4-5 seconds on ss3.
A couple of wiiiide slides on SS4, but major time loss here :)
Good runs on SS5 and SS6, but on SS7 I hit a small bush head on and the engine died... DNF on that one.
I don't like Joux Plane from before, and it feels no better after this run :tongue:
Came too fast into a bridge on SS8, and went off. The car on fire this time around :tongue:

What could have been a good rally ended two stages too early for me, but I had good fun along the way :) If these cars were in the championship, I would definately be in one of them :)

Thanks to Warren and Senad for setting it up, and for your patience with a overworked norwegian :)

Fun rally even though I retired ss1 less than 2 minutes in. I liked the way the Citroen handled, it just felt a little short on power and the engine sounds is totally bizarre. I was having sound issue the entire game and it wasn't until the last stage that I realized that it may have been the unmuted TS.

JP it was fun running with you again. Maybe I'll get some practice in for next weeks rally.

Jumped in the Citroen this time, what a disaster lol. For some reason i couldn't get the propa FFB feel on my wheel, very light and lacking substance:confused:. Couldn't go back to my profile so i tried to adjusted with wingman only, to no avail:frown:. Also the car felt more jumpy and less responsive, or maybe it was my problems with ffb which contributed to that.
Got fed up with this car and changed to the trusty Ford for the second half :). And i immediately went even faster then off-line at mineshaft :). So your theory must be right, Warren:wink:. For last 3 stages i got my younger son to drive it, as he was much of a nuisance bearing down my neck and being overexcited :D. He managed to finish 2 of them to my big surprise:cool::D.

This ffb problem never happened to me before with any car, wonder why it did with the Citroen:confused:

Rally Results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Dariusz, Jeremy and Warren :trophy:

Stage wins:
Dariusz Swiderski: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Jeremy Loveland: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:
Rick Bamford: 1 stage win :star:
John Cunningham: 1 stage win :star:
Ole Marius Myrvold: 1 stage win :star:

This is the distribution of points per stages:

Ford vs Citroën
1378 - 1093

(there were a couple of no-shows, 13 Fords and 11 Citroëns in the rally)

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes, did this in a hurry, late for a GTL event :)

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to Warren for setting it up, see you all next week :rally:

Hip hip hurray, my 1st ever RBR win:banana::). And on realistic damage for that matter, what an irony :D:D

Really thought i was going to get beaten, thx to the aliens for not taking part:cool::wink:.
Still quite a bit of red ink, was hoping to see less. I,m still against realistic damage for known reasons even so i rarely crash those days, and it would be to my advantage. Still need to make the crash tests for some hard data.
Congrats to Jeremy ( your mineshaft time is mind blowing:confused:, i managed 4:57..in EUX today, with no pressure, and it felt pretty good ) and to Warren for the podium finishes :).

Thx Senad, Warren for your admin work, see you at round 7 next week :)

Well. whaddya know, Dariusz finally won his first rally. :tongue: Of course, now that he has learned the balance between outright aggression and self control, we will no doubt see him up there on top more often. :wink:

Congratulations Dariusz, now stop whinging about realistic damage. :facepalm:
Well done to Jeremy for second and thanks again for our great battle in OC. :thumb:

Great result for Norman too, well done mate.

Nice to see the Stage wins were very well spread around too.

Now to the most important result, woohoo, our Team Ford took out the Team Challenge. Well done guys, even if we did have more drivers. :)

Big welcome to our new Club members, Ian, Keegan, and Juen-Jen, hope to see you for future Club rallys. You all had a tough debut with this Rally using Realistic Damage. :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Huge thanks to Senad for his Admin work, especially having to handle the team challenge results as well, and thanks to Damien for yet another stylish banner. :thanks::thanks:

Next week the Rally Club has a break for the RDRC Round 7, good luck to all drivers.

Our next Club Rally will be back to Reduced Damage, but we will continue to run a few Realistic Damage Events in our Club. I think this one was not as tough as the first one, certainly less red ink (due to crashes), or are we now starting to become cleaner drivers. :poke: :wink:

See you all in the next one. :ups:

Congrats to Jeremy ( your mineshaft time is mind blowing:confused:, i managed 4:57..in EUX today, with no pressure, and it felt pretty good )

Thanx Dariusz, i do love that stage (as does everyone i think:p), congrads on your first win, and congrads to the ford team on the team win!, and warren for the lovly fight on the OC server, allways fun to race with someone on the same level making the race very close each week.

and for anyone who thinks the fords dont deseve the win cos of the extra drivers heres some maths for you....
1378 points / 13 drivers = 106 average points per driver, 1093 points / 11 drivers = 99.3636 average points per driver.
So congrads again to the ford team again and i hope everyone had as much fun as i did.

PS, ive saved all my replays exept SS3 i think so if anyone wants to watch them feel free to PM me

Well done to Dariusz, congratulations on the win and congrats to Jeremy and Warren, awesome times as always guys, go the OC!! Apologies to my OC team mates for letting down the side last night and not making it, thanks for making Keegs welcome. See you at the next one for sure. Tarmac?

Cheers Al

Thanks heaps guys - I was VERY excited to do my first Rally. I have played the 'stock' RBR for quite some time and Al Walker showed me the mods and all the cool toys that are part of the RSCentre mod and what is possible, this added to the fantastic forum (yes.. this one right here!!) makes for a fantastic experience!

I just have to tune the 'fine line' between finishing, finishing fast and turning the car into scrap metal (which i did 3 stages out of 8) to which there was plenty of tantrums.... All in good fun though.

Thanks very much for making me feel welcome and putting up with my n00b requests, it's been a great experience and a good thing to be a part of - you'll see me more and more :)

Thanks again guys!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back