Rally - Real WRC Team Trial - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th May 2011

I enjoyed the event very much, did manage to finished every stage without damage :). But it seems my maths skills are deteriorating with age:rolleyes:, my practice time was 39:26... not 53...lol. I don't think i will practice beforehand anymore as i went well over 30 sec slower today:confused:, is there a difference between off and on-line grip?
Happy to win the EU group but i don't think it will be enough to win overall ( been waiting for my 1st ever rally event win for 2 years now :D ) with pilots like mr. ''consistency'' Warren and others:wink:, had 2 big spins which costs me at least 20 sec.

Was nice to talk with Nigel, Ian and Pete on TS:cool:, thx guys :)
I may join Roy tomorrow for some ''without the pressure'' fun run if i get home in time :)

Not the best one for me, although in the first half i was running top 4th, although it seems that was more due to the fact us four hadn't got a retirement yet. Until i got one off course...
From then on it was more fighting for 6th position and that's how it stayed from there on, with one more retirement around the end.

Second stage of Japan allways gets me on the long sweeping lefter going downhill, placing the car right in the trees, usually butt first... Arghh

But overal a very refreshing car to drive, loving the gravel smoothnes it has and flicked it around wherever i could!
See you around all next time, and tx.

Very much enjoyed this little session.

Got no chance to practice this week, so first exposure to the car was about 90 mins beforehand!
After I'd adjusted to the floaty lightness, it was pretty fun to drive.

Once again, realistic damage focusing the mind, managing to sneak 2nd in session with just a couple of mess ups and after Nigel threw away his advantage over me in SS8. :D

Excellent fun! Started out well with what seemed to be a competitive time on stage 1 but it was short lived as I crashed out on the final corner of the 2nd stage.
Had a good run through 3 and 4 in Japan, the bad conditions made the understeer difficult to cope with and Noiker was a blast although i lost a few seconds with a spin, still love that stage. Mineshaft was good for me but then DNF'd again on Greenhills.
Joux Plane was fun on gravel though difficult with the pace notes designed for tarmac and I lost it on the fast downhill section backing it down a bank which I had to use a call for help to get back on track. DNF'd again in England when I smacked a log and ripped the bottom out of the engine, a slow painful death as it ground to a halt with water and oil leaking everywhere!
Brilliant fun and the realistic damage made everything feel on a knife edge! Thanks to the guys on TS for an entertaining rally.

Being new to this will the rally results be posted somewhere once all the sessions are run so I can compare stage times and see who managed to bring it home in one piece?

...lol. I don't think i will practice beforehand anymore as i went well over 30 sec slower today:confused:, is there a difference between off and on-line grip?

I've often suspected this, because I nearly always run faster times off-line than in the actual rallys.
However, I really think it is because of the pressure difference, off-line, you know you can restart, so you push a bit harder and confidently. But in the on-line rally, you know it's a once only run, the pressure is greater, so you play things a little more cautiously.

That's my dumb theory anyway. :tongue:

I've often suspected this, because I nearly always run faster times off-line than in the actual rallys.
However, I really think it is because of the pressure difference, off-line, you know you can restart, so you push a bit harder and confidently. But in the on-line rally, you know it's a once only run, the pressure is greater, so you play things a little more cautiously.

That's my dumb theory anyway. :tongue:

Logic dictates you must be right, its not that we physically enter a server, like with all the other games. Can't see a way there would be a difference between on and off-line with RBR. :rolleyes:

Nice cars to drive ,bit slow out of tight hairpins

Came into the rally with no practise,bar a quick shakedown to set brake bias.

Had a 360 spin at the start of Noiker ,very lucky not to retire then and there,must have glanced the front end on a tree in the process.From then on had an overheating engine which finally popped not far from the finish...retirement stage 4.

Drove to finish the rest of the rally still had a couple of spins,especially in Greenhills when i did a job realigning the right rear toe after sliding into one of those horrible unforgiving low banks.

Thanks to Warren and Senad for setting up a great event,see everyone at RD7.

Thanks for organizing the event guys, had a good time even though I had some technical difficulties. Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I had a problem at the end of stages where the game would hang, on the End Race screen. Nothing I could do to bring up the Save Replay screen except shut the game down :S Happened at the end of stages and also once after retiring mid stage.

Still had a good time though, can't wait for the next one :)

Another good fun Rally in the OC Session, and yet another huge battle with Jeremy, but this time he took the honours.

Most drivers seemed to cope ok with the Realistic Damage, not a huge nuimber of DNF's I don't think. The WRC 11 cars were good fun to drive, certainly down on power but had great handling. Keeping then fast over the Stages was quite a challenge though, small errors could be penalised quickly.

I had mainly good Stages but managed one horrible and embarrassing boo boo at Mineshaft. At the first hairpin, I turned in too early, gently drove over the advertising sign, had an extremely slow rollover. Then after recovering, I did my usual and took off in the wrong direction, resulting in having to find somewhere between the bank and the cliff to turn around. Just the sort of stupid thing only I can do. :redface::wink::rolleyes:
It ended up costing me dearly as Jeremy opened up about a 25 second lead.
I then drove hard to peg him back and managed to get to 4 seconds behind at the end.

I also hit a tree and spun into the bush at Pirka Minoko, but it was late in the Stage and I was able to get the car home without too much damage.

Well done to Jeremy, good consistent driving. :thumb:

Great to have 8 drivers in the OC Session too, with 5 of us on TS. Thanks guys, it added to the fun. :D

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I had a problem at the end of stages where the game would hang, on the End Race screen. Nothing I could do to bring up the Save Replay screen except shut the game down :S Happened at the end of stages and also once after retiring mid stage.

This is a bit worrying. Chris also had a similar problem at the end of SS08, the server kept showing him as "in progress", even though he had finished the Stage. We don't know if the Server will show his time for that Stage.
I also had a very similar problem at the Monte Carlo Rally a few weeks ago, where I couldn't start the last Stage and the Server kept showing me as "In Progress". I had to quit too, to get out of the loop.
I don't know whether it might be a connection problem with the Server. :confused::confused:

Maybe someone else here can offer advice??

EDIT: One question for William, did you hit "escape" after the Stage had ended, that is usually how you get back to the Save Replay screen and then allows you to drop back to RSCenter??

My first time on Realistic damage and so I took things fairly steady today. High point of my rally was an unusually clean run through Diamond Creek (my long time bogey stage) and the low point was hitting a tree hard on Greenhills and discovering that it's possible to set the car on fire in RBR.

As Warren mentioned, RSCentre didn't quite register my time on SS8 in the server window so I'll send my times in case they're needed.

This is a bit worrying. Chris also had a similar problem at the end of SS08, the server kept showing him as "in progress", even though he had finished the Stage. We don't know if the Server will show his time for that Stage.
I also had a very similar problem at the Monte Carlo Rally a few weeks ago, where I couldn't start the last Stage and the Server kept showing me as "In Progress". I had to quit too, to get out of the loop.
I don't know whether it might be a connection problem with the Server. :confused::confused:

Maybe someone else here can offer advice??

EDIT: One question for William, did you hit "escape" after the Stage had ended, that is usually how you get back to the Save Replay screen and then allows you to drop back to RSCenter??

Yeah tried to press escape but got no response. It hasn't happened to me at all playing alone and I didn't have any problems with the Alpine Challenge. I have a feeling it kept coming back due to me minimizing the game when it first happened in order to quit it, so maybe a reboot will fix it up, though it wouldn't explain the first occurrence. Hopefully it doesn't hit me during my first championship round :)

really good event enjoyed it a lot more than the last realistic rally. although i still think reduced damadge is more fun and less stressful :D

took me a while to get used to the car, but after a few test runs and changing my driving style i started to have fun. nice to see Swiders & Ian join us on TS. pretty much drove the 1st 7 stages with any problems just odd small of but no CFH`s or damadge, i deliberetly didn`t look at the standings before SS8, i new Darius had a good lead from his stage times, but i didn`t know John was so close and i blew it on stage 8 with a silly roll early on the an off on the final bend and got stuck in the tree stumps and had to call for help and was put back on track a metre from the line lol.

thanks to warren & Senad for all there work :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back