Rally - Rallye de France - Mon 2nd & Tues 3rd August 2010

Right guys, the problem i get is that the RS center gets dropped ( with a message on desktop ) but the game itself still runs minimized , no black screens, no conn. probs. Can really cam hack be responsible for that? Any other ideas?

Right guys, the problem i get is that the RS center gets dropped ( with a message on desktop ) but the game itself still runs minimized , no black screens, no conn. probs. Can really cam hack be responsible for that? Any other ideas?

My firewall keeps minimizing RBR and I have to ctrl - alt - del it to close the program. RBR just don't like being minimized to me.

Sorry to duck out on this one. First I lost internet connection (not sure if it was just a case of needing to reboot the router, but I lost it). I've had that before so I had no problem with just completing the rally and hoping to get the internet back in time to submit the final score. However - I had bigger problems. First I got graphics stuttering in the first stage and then I couldn't get the car to move (it kept stalling).

Took me forever to work out that my sequential shifter had stuck in 4th gear instead of springing back (happened to me once before). This meant the hand-brake was locked on but I had retired and turned the game off before figuring this out.

My firewall keeps minimizing RBR and I have to ctrl - alt - del it to close the program. RBR just don't like being minimized to me.

That is normal for RBR, unfortunately the game won't allow minimizing, it crashes the base RBR game. I get around that problem by running RBR in windowed mode, it seems a bit more stable on my system that way too.

If your firewall is minimising RBR, is there a simple way you can fix this by adding an exception option to the game? I know RSRBR can sometimes make AV programmes complain thinking it contains a virus (which it doesn't of course). I have set my AV to ignore RBR (and a few other games) to avoid those issues.

Heh, bad luck Mark. Thankfully, the next one is just a few days away :D

That is normal for RBR, unfortunately the game won't allow minimizing, it crashes the base RBR game. I get around that problem by running RBR in windowed mode, it seems a bit more stable on my system that way too.

I remember you said that before, and I tried to do the same then, but couldn't find the option in RSCenter. How did you do it?

EDIT: ah, nevermind, RichardBurnsRally.ini, no idea why I didn't look in there before...

Took me forever to work out that my sequential shifter had stuck in 4th gear instead of springing back (happened to me once before). This meant the hand-brake was locked on but I had retired and turned the game off before figuring this out.

Lol Mark, I know this one very well. It happened to me twice before I finally remembered to be careful with it. The first time, I actually re-installed RBR thinking the game was faulty. :redface:

NOW, I'm much more careful. You could remap the handbrake to a different button (or use push forward with the shifter) but it doesn't feel realistic that way.

I remember you said that before, and I tried to do the same then, but couldn't find the option in RSCenter. How did you do it?

Firstly, you set windowed mode in RBR, using the Richard Burns Rally.ini file. Change this line to:

Fullscreen = false

I just realised that I still have it running full screen under RSRBR, so maybe my previous comment won't help. Oops!!.

Maybe try the setting under RSRBR, File/Settings, and set full screen 3D ratio to false and see what happens. :confused:

Firstly, you set windowed mode in RBR, using the Richard Burns Rally.ini file. Change this line to:

Fullscreen = false

I just realised that I still have it running full screen under RSRBR, so maybe my previous comment won't help. Oops!!.

Maybe try the setting under RSRBR, File/Settings, and set full screen 3D ratio to false and see what happens. :confused:

Edited RichardBurnsRally.ini only, works fine, windowed from RSRBR. Cheers, I can alt+tab now :parrot:

Did you donwload the patch for undate 5? i am note sure what it is meant to do but it corrects a 308 error or something, is that what your experiencing?

Guys,

tis thursday am. video is well in hand and hope to post it by midday tomorrow aest. Watch this space

cheers

UPDATE !!!! it's friday 7.50am, work just called and no one can get in. Everyone else with keys is not answering their phones so I have to go in. The video will not be up today I am sorry. I have replays from 7 drivers and some of it is just too good to leave out. I have around 50gb of video to scan through and edit out the bits I'll use. The folder is holding about 80gb in total so far (including the stage runs). Because I have to work tomorrow Sunday midday is now the earliest time I am going to be able to get it done.

I apologise for this and despite warnings about the scope of this job I tried to set myself a deadline which in real life just isn't practical when you don't allow for something popping up.

Please bare with me and I promise it will be worth waiting for.
As a teaser let me just say .... when advertising boards strike back ..... brazen attempt to kill a skoda .... hairpin heaven ..... and .... GEORGE !!!! Watch out for that tree !!!!

Okay, it's 5 am sunday morning and I am still here trying to get this thing up. No sleep so far, my patience has now just about worn out totally. The video wouldn't publish in movie maker for whatever reason, just tells me it won't. Not why it won't, just that it won't. I'm a ' tell me why and I'll fix it ' guy so this is frustrating to say the least. I've been cutting it back and finally got a part of it done and then 'youtube' didn't upload it for an unexplained reason. Am now trying again in the hope at least something is up today.

Aside from all that my upload speed sucks even worse than getting all your 8 favourite numbers in lotto, ringing the boss, telling him what a wanker he is, quitting, and then realizing you actually forgot to buy the ticket. ( didn't happen, but you get the idea )

Then, yesterday my mum had a bad turn and ended up in hospital so I basically spent the day there while she got to the point where I could come home. Have to go back there in 3 hours and make sure she's resting up and stuff.

And then to top it all off the wife just woke up and I'm not there so the dog and I may be fighting over who gets his bed tonight. He's a 3kg pomeranian and I'm 120 kg so it's going to be a tight squeeze

So yes, all in all it's been a most frustrating last few days but I will get this first part up if it kills me.

I really enjoy your movies, better later than never. I enjoy even more your stories, of course not happy of what's happening to you, I'm sure you'll come in the end with a great result.
Cheers.

You must have somehow offended The Gods Of RBR Movie Making, better leave the video alone for a few days.
Hope it all works out, and if not, I hope the dog makes it through the night.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back