Rally - Rallye de France - Mon 2nd & Tues 3rd August 2010

Sorry for my absence,the pain in the soulder persisted after a massage and a pill and i still can't do anything with my left arm. Sorry Warre,guys.Hope for better luck next time.

SS1: quite bad... But nothing worth seeing
SS2: awesome. Kept in on the road for most of the stage, but failed near the end again.
I'm loving the array of sounds this car makes :D. Clipped a hill, and messed up the exhaust, which started to produce this weird loud sound, and that in combination with the epic 6th gear transmission sounds was scary :D
SS3: fail, had to do a 17455 point turn
SS4: epic roll
SS5: this stage would make every Peugeot and rally fan, and some mechanics cry. I destroyed the car.
Hit a tree I hit once before, totally unexpected. I think something is wrong there, maybe the branches count as a tree, dunno. That kinda made me mad, so I went for the rest of the stage like a maniac. Some interesting shots there :D
SS6: lovely. A couple of corners there that actually made me smile, nice sideways action, and a couple of close calls :o
SS7: was second after the second split, but messed that one up too...
SS8: I'm mad at myself about this one... I slowed the car down in time for the corner, I just forgot to turn the wheel...
Had a nice out of control slide at around 5:10 into the stage; tried to correct, but the car doesn't like that, sent me sideways towards the trees. I braced myself, watched the trees go very fast in front of me, and somehow managed to slide past them, and face the right direction :)

Hmm that was a big fail on my part. I think every stage I messed up. Some of the stages I had really good split 1 times but then lost it in the final stages. Really struggled with hairpins today.

Ah well i got a couple of good replays of crashes and me on the final stage pushing the car as fast as possible after crashing and the red mist dissending :p

Thanks Warren / Sinad

Overall Rally Results

20100802rdrallyrdrallye.png

Jakub Sulej: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Tor Anders Berven: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Eddie Mann: 1 stage win :star:
Rick Bamford: 1 stage win :star:

Congrats Jakub, Warren and Damien :). First rally win for Jakub, and it's a nice one, over 1 minute ahead of 2nd.
Congrats to Tor as well, great result overall, and two stage wins, nice work.
Less than half a second between 2nd and 3rd, good thing that wasn't for the win :)

Not sure what happened to Mark and Julien, some issues perhaps, hope it gets sorted till the next one.

A lot of Fiestas in this one, both new and old, despite the warning :p. Nobody drove the VW and Lada, aw.

Thank you Warren, looking forward to the next one :)

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 2010-08-02 RD Rally - RD Rallye de France.png
    2010-08-02 RD Rally - RD Rallye de France.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 278
That turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected, normally I'm not a lover of tarmac, but these cars felt ok. I got off to a horrible start in SS01 by running off the end of a hairpin and stalling the car in the trees. It wouldn't restart and I was about to retire, when I asked for a push from the spectators, and that got it going again.
I then managed to spin and stall it again on SS03.
At least I have some replays for the highlight (lowlight) reel for John.

Great scrap in our Rally with Damien and I finishing less than 0.5 secs apart in the end.

Good fun with qute a good crowd on TS tonight, great to have John and Senad with a microphone this time.

Thanks to all who joined, hope you enjoyed the little S2000 rockets. :cool:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't belive what I saw, I won a rally of France, Wooooohooooo!!!!! My first win in virtual rally. Like Waren I don't like tarmac too, so I'm extremly shocked of the result, great rally for me, after last rally when I crashed and ended in 12 position this rally is awesome, I cant belive it, this is absolutly asthonishing. Pushing hard, not bigger mistakes and SS5 just going flat out, pushing like madman, thanks for everyone

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't belive what I saw, I won a rally of France, Wooooohooooo!!!!! My first win in virtual rally. Like Waren I don't like tarmac too, so I'm extremly shocked of the result, great rally for me, after last rally when I crashed and ended in 12 position this rally is awesome, I cant belive it, this is absolutly asthonishing. Pushing hard, not bigger mistakes and SS5 just going flat out, pushing like madman, thanks for everyone

Congrats, well deserved, over a minute ahead of 2nd :).

Warren said:
That turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected, normally I'm not a lover of tarmac, but these cars felt ok.
I agree, plus, I didn't really like the cars too. But this was so fun, I'm loving the cars, and the myriad of sounds I never noticed before. That 6th gear is epic. (in the Peugeot, not sure how others sound)

Warren said:
Good fun with qute a good crowd on TS tonight, great to have John and Senad with a microphone this time.
Yeah, sorry about my bad english, and my ex-KGB agent accent :D. Can't remember the last time I used it outside of school.

Congratulations Jakub, It is always great to see a new winner in the Rally Club. :thumb: You have been putting in some very fast Stages in previous Rally's, you deserved a win. :)

Well done to Damien too, our results are so close, a tie would have been fair. :wink:

Welcome to Tor (very good debut), and Julien (something seem to happen to you though), hope to see a lot more of you in our Rally Club.

A few bad luck stories in this one with PC / Game crashes, what a shame.

Interesting to see a few drivers trying the Fiesta 2010, I'd like to hear your feedback on it, I thought it was a little slow (lacking acceleration) but it's handling was nice.

Again, big thanks to Senad for the Server setup and slick result reporting, you are a star mate. :doublethumb:
Thanks also to Damien for the nifty banners. :)

Off to plan the next Rally now, but a wee hint. Get you old driving suits out and prepare for some old fashioned sideways action. The car should be very "safe" though. Oh, and since I'm an oldie, I'll be wearing a hat to fit the image. :rally: :ups:

Interesting to see a few drivers trying the Fiesta 2010, I'd like to hear your feedback on it, I thought it was a little slow (lacking acceleration) but it's handling was nice.

I was going to use the 207 but in the end I tried the Fiesta 2010 and loved the handeling. As you said it was a bit poor on acell - realy strugled out of the hairpins but on the fast opens bits it was just incredible.

Thanks Lee.

I'd also like some comments back about the Dusk stage, SS04. This was a test, wasn't sure if it would be ok for everyone. I was careful to pick a stage that gave at least reasonable visibility (on my monitor anyway), but I know it can be very difficult on many other Stages.

Was it far too difficult for some people???

Overall Rally Results

Do you get the results copy-pasted from rallyesim pages? or from a .csv file or something? Or do you have to punch alle the numbers?

Thanks Lee.

I'd also like some comments back about the Dusk stage, SS04. This was a test, wasn't sure if it would be ok for everyone. I was careful to pick a stage that gave at least reasonable visibility (on my monitor anyway), but I know it can be very difficult on many other Stages.

Was it far too difficult for some people???

I have driven in with the night mod beforeand it is awsome, the dusk was a different experience since the lights were off, it was good, felt like the evening. For me every variation is good, and always the same for all the contenders. I think the fog is worse, then you really have to trust the co-driver, and sometimes he isn't trustable... :cool:

Excuse my bad english. :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing