Rally - Fernando's Rally Challenge 2 - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th June 2012

I'm too tired to do the full rally tonight, I can do it when I get off of work tomorrow (around 6pm EST) if that's too late then don't worry about it though. I know everyone wants to know the outcome of the rally.

and yes a test session some time would be awesome, just so I can figure out the kinks. I think maybe RBR was over riding my g27 profiler settings? Really weird because it's never done that in "play alone" mode so I dunno why it chose to do that online.

I can do it when I get off of work tomorrow (around 6pm EST) if that's too late then don't worry about it though. I know everyone wants to know the outcome of the rally.

Ok, I'll set up a new Session for 22:00 GMT Tuesday for you. That should make it 6PM Eastern Tuesday for you.
Since we have a small field for this one, we can delay the results a little for you.

I'll title it RD Fernando 2 USZ.

That's fine it'll give me a bit of leniency in case work goes really late (I usually get out around 4:30, so I gave myself an hour and a half already)

Also, I figured out what was going on with my logitech profiler settings! you may want to add this to the FAQ.

To get the clock adjustment working correctly for me (windows 7 64 bit) I had to right click on RSC and select "run as administrator" Then I had to go into RSC settings and change the GMT/UTC to +1.

I guess because RSC was running as administrator it meant that RBR was also running as administrator, and causing some problems with my wheel. In my logitech profiler I had the "allow game to change settings" box ticked, so I un ticked that.

Now everything works fine!

I guess giving RBR admin rights as well has having the "allow game to change settings" box ticked meant that RBR was setting my wheel to default when I tried to play it.

Ok, fingers crossed you are ok in the USZ Session.
Just as a safeguard, go into RSCenter, Public Sessions well before the Rally Start, and click "Display Server Hour" to make sure the time synchro is correct. Click "yes" to let it set your PC time, and check to see that it has set it to the correct server time.

I always do this before every On-Line Session, sometimes the Clock get slightly out and can cause problems. By doing it well before the Start time, you have time to reset your Clock manually to the Server time if needed.

Fernando, you are an evil evil man.
Pribram, Bisanne and Joux Verte. No words descibe how...interesting these were.
Was doing so well on the only stage I'm good at on that whole rally (Shepherds) and a tiny tree on the inside of a corner kills my car.
Was looking forward to this after a crap week.
Oh well.

Did some minor mistakes on most stages, plus 1 CFH :D but the important thing is I survived this rally :)

Warren I really enjoyed our mini battle :thumbsup: I lost my lead to you after I crashed on SS06 and I really thought I have to pushed really hard on the Power Stage since it's monte carlo at SS07 and you were always fast on ice, but sorry about your run on monte carlo.

Thanks all :)

Wow, I'm almost speechless. I knew this one would be tough, but it was much more difficult than I imagined.
Fernando, you are definitely now the grim reaper. :devilish:

Decided to jump in at the last minute to test my patience and see how many of these nasty stages I might finish. It was made even more tricky because I chose the Citroen, which I've not driven before.
All in all, it went surprisingly well on most stages, survival was my aim and I achieved that in many of the stages. I was even able to get reasonably close to Fernando in a few stages. :)

Two shockers though, at Harwood Forest II, I bounced off the road after landing the big jump, spinning onto the wet grass. I couldn't get the car out of there and mucked around for ages before finally slipping and sliding all over the place and finally back onto the road. I would have been faster by using CFH. :(
Then on the Monte Carlo stage, I was hoping to be ok, but the car was horrible, sliding everywhere almost uncontrollable. I guess I needed a setup. I struggled all around the Stage, all over the road (and off it sometimes) and just when I thought I was home, I tapped a post or something in the very last hairpin, the car wouldn't proceed any further even though the engine was running, well idling. So it was a DNF for that one.:redface:

Oh well, only one DNF was better than I expected.

Fernando was fastest on most stages but I recall Jack setting a great time at Peklo. What a shame you crashed at SS08 Jack, the only easy stage of the night.
Very nice run by Fernando except for one bad stage, SS06 I think. He still won the OC session easily though.

EDIT: Nice to have Keegs back to join us for this one. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back