Warren Dawes

Premium
"Fernando's Rally Challenge 2"
Mon 11th & Tues 12th June 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2012, (UPDATE 04) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
Ford Fiesta WRC & Citroen DS3 WRC across a wide choice of Stages
Fernando2_DS3-vs-Fiesta.jpg
Banner by Damien Jones​

Sessions: RD Fernando 2 EUX / RD Fernando 2 EU / RD Fernando 2 USX / RD Fernando 2 US / RD Fernando 2 OC / RD Fernando 2 USZ

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
PLEASE NOTE: If you request an additional Session to be created, you must sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time. Late requests will not be accepted.

Car Pack: A8W-11 ( You may choose either car from this Pack. ) **

Damage: Realistic

SS01 - France - Foron Snow R – Normal, Good, Day ****
SS02 - Czech Republic - Pribram – Gravel, Bad, Day
SS03 - England - Harwood Forest II – Tarmac, Bad, Dusk
SS04 - Slovakia - Peklo Tarmac R – Normal, Bad, Night
SS05 - Australia - New Bobs II – Mix, Damp, Night
SS06 - France - Bisanne II – Mix, Bad, Day
SS07 - France - Joux Verte – Monte-Carlo, Bad, Day
SS08 (Power Stage) - England - Shepherds Shield – Normal, Good, Day *****

**** PLEASE NOTE: We will be using our own penalty time of 12:00 mins for this Stage for those who DNF. The default penalty time is considered too small and unfair to those who complete the Stage.

***** POWER STAGE: The top 3 drivers in this Stage will gain an additional bonus time reduction to their overall Rally time. Time bonus will be 20, 10, and 5 secs for P1, P2, P3 for this stage.

EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
USX Start: 00:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern Time, Monday) *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EST) *
USZ Start: 22:15 GMT Tuesday (6:15 PM Tuesday EST)

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.
* EUX, EU, USX, US, and OC events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2012 Mod & Update 04, in order to participate, please see the Installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the A8W-11 car pack.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2012 Name) - Session. Include your car choice.
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:
You may choose either the Ford or the Citroen from the A8W-11 Car Pack

1. Erik Tveit (Erik Tveit) - EUX
  2. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - EUX
  3. John Cunningham (HH_BF1) - EU
  4. Jack Hintz (StealthSCG) - OC
  5. Fernando Agapito (Fernando A.) - EUX
  6. Viesturs Priede (Viesturs) - EUX
  7. Andrew Koojo (andyone) - EUX
  8. John Robertson (John Robertson) - USZ
  9. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - OC
  10. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  11. Andris Laskins (laskins) - EUX
  12. Sion Williams (RS Williams) - EU
  13. Keegan Buckley (kbuckley) - OC
  14. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  15. Magnar Haarstadsveen (magnar) - USZ
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This time we have let Fernando off the leash again to design one of his devilish challenges. :devilish:

This should prove to be a demanding test of your driving skill, car control, and your patience. The stages are designed to be widely varied, using seldom used surfaces, and tricky weather for some. Speed will often not be the first priority, keeping the car clean will be rewarded.

For this Rally, we use the A8W-11 cars, the Ford Fiesta and Citroen DS3, the current state of the art World Rally cars. Stages cover many countries, often with "unusual" surface mods.
Weather and daylight will vary to ensure that your driving skills are tested under all conditions.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These car are typical modern 4WD WRC cars, very fast and with nimble handling. They are high performance but handling is not too different to the regular 4WD cars.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2012, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

4. We have decided to override the default penalty time for SS01, Foron Snow R. The default time is 7:30 mins which would be difficult to beat by most "normal" drivers. So, we will be adjusting the penalty time to 12:00 mins for those who DNF or skip the Stage.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

In addition, we have included a Power Stage (SS08) where the top three drivers in this stage gain additional time reductions for the overall Rally. This is a fast default stage which should be familiar to most drivers and is not too difficult. Speed will be rewarded here, but be careful not to ruin your Rally by crashing.

Thanks to Fernando for designing this Challenge.
Special thanks to Damien for another of his nifty Banners.

Good luck all, lets see who is up to this severe Challenge. All hard luck stories or complaints will be referred to Fernando. :p

Here is a great promo video made by Fernando to give you an introduction:

Alasdair Beck - boybeck - EUX

You weren't joking when you said it was going to be tough!
Just to clarify, we're using the 11 cars but in the promo it shows the 12 fiesta? Just making sure.

Jack Hintz - StealthSCG - OC - DS3
Gotta do this rally as I haven't done many recently. Plus the stages are epic!
Hopefully in the running for the power stage :)

Better take me off the entry list. I've just tried to have a run through the stages nd my computer can't handle it. It would be fine if they were all normal stages in good conditions but not these. Disappointing but there's nothing I can do until I get a better computer.

See you at the RDRC next week

Did you try turning down some of the graphics settings eg. in the Richard Burns Rally.ini file? Might help to give you more grunt for this one. :unsure:

It's already right down to the lowest settings. I've driven these cars in regular stages with good conditions and they run fine so I'm guessing its the extra work of the surface mods, weather conditions and switching light conditions. It's fine, I'm in the process of trying to sort out a new computer. Maybe I'll jump on the server on Monday in the N10 for some extra RDRC practice lol. Although that may be frowned upon.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back