Rally - Fernando's Rally Challenge 2 - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th June 2012

I'm not expecting good results, I'd like to finish every stage though. I can drive sensibly enough, just gotta learn not to get too exited when I hear "flat left/right" "300" because there always seems to be a k turn after that 300m. :rolleyes:

OK, I suppose this car requires some practice. When the last minute countdown started I didnt even know which car I`ll take so I took the Ford as a random. Well.. nothing much to tell, had lots of mistakes in the first stage, the clutch started to slip a little in the middle of stage, had to call for help, bent the suspension.. Pribam.. Thought I just need to take it easy and I knew about the water barrells early in the stage, yet I missed the braking point, crashed into them and the car was dead. Decided to quit, I dont really enjoy these cars. Still thanks for the organization :)

Was a bit lonely in the EU session lol.

Can't say I blame anybody that was hard work! BTW I did try every stage, only finished 2 haha, was only going for a bit of a giggle as I knew there was no chance of doing well in a WRC car. Dont know why (probably because I'm not talented enough!) but I really don't like them, the inside view is too cramped, on snow it would not stop and I just kept spinning lol. Think I was going backwards on Harwood II at one point for about 300 meters!

Liked the power stage though, one of my favourite stages so know it well and had a massive scare near the end! (I'll show it later)

The PC worked well though so alls good for future events!

Thanks to all

Sion

uhm, I dunno how to join the rally. I started an online session looking for public sessions and I can see RD Fernando 2 US in the RSC window but I can't click on it.

When I press the "public sessions" button it opens a browser window showing all the sessions and shows RD Fernando 2 US as in progress. does this mean I'm in it??

The countdown window is showing --:--

Edit: I just did the first stage, it recorded my time. I guess I can just do all of the stages and take a screen shot, I'll also save all my replays and record them later. I don't really know how to do the online stuff obviously.

It says I'm logged in as John Robertson, number 4026.

ok, that's a lot more clear than the other tutorial I read.

When I press "start online session" I get a box saying: "Your computer is not at the server hour. Do you want to change the hour?

so I tried pressing "yes" and got a box that said:
"Server date and hour: 12/06/2012 04:41:31 [GMT +1]

To set your computer with the original date and hour: 11/06/03 23:41:31 [GMT -4] ?

(I don't understand how that is a question. seems more like an incomplete statement.)

I pressed the yes button again and got this box:

"The date and hour were NOT able to be updated! Please adjust the hour manually."

I tried setting my computer clock to UTC +1 but I got the same set of messages. do I need to set it to UTC +2?

Edit: I tried setting to utc +2 but that didn't work either.

Edit 2: Ok well, I figured out how to get it working finally. So I guess I'll be setting times for only ss7 + ss8. Sorry I should have been figuring this stuff out hours ago, but I really didn't expect this many problems.

Edit 3: WOW what in the hell. I finally figured out how to get the game working and loaded up joux verte ready to go and my g27 was some how set itself to 900 degrees. I can't believe how many problems I'm having with this. ha.

John and Warren sorry you didn't make it in the session. I believe what you need to do John is open RSCenter > File > Settings There you can change the GMT/UTC to +1. Now when you join a game RSCenter can then update your computer clock to match the server clock. Hope this helps. Try to join any available public session to verify it's working.

I ran a clean and slow rally for the first four stages then on SS05 my CPU crashed to desktop. I bailed on the two French stages and tried to put in a good dig on S Shield. One small mistake but I'm ok with that.

Thanks to all!!

So I got into the last 2 stages but as I said my g27 set itself to 900 degrees for joux verte, making it impossible to get around hairpins. then I checked my profiler settings to make sure they were correct (I play at 299 degrees of rotation) and started up shepherds shield. Some how my rotation was now ~720 degrees. Despite this I was doing alright, slower than usual though (obviously) since every corner took 2x the steering input I was used to. Hit a tree in sector 2 tho and broke the car.

Maybe next time there's a rally I won't run into so many problems. This first one has been a nightmare and I didn't even get to really drive on any of the stages!

Sorry to hear you are having problems John, maybe we should have set up a test Server for you to "practice" with. Once you get used to the procedure, it's pretty straight forward, but unfortunately very different to the usual SimRacing Servers.

Re the Clock issue, this has been a constant bug for the USA people in particular. It seems that the French Server doesn't cope well with the large time offset for USA.
The USA guys have found a suitable work around, please read our FAQ here, and see the part titled "Clock Synchronization to RSCenter"

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rbr-rsrbr-faq-please-read-before-posting.16392/

John, if you would like me to set up a new Server Session for you, let me know.
If you nominate a time and date for a "practice" server session, let me know a date and time suitable and I can arrange it for you. That might help you sort out any remaining bugs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%