Rally - Charming Little Italian - Mon 19th & Tues 20th March 2012

I made a bit of a mess of this one, but it was still a heap of fun.
The Alfa was quite nice on the tarmac, but those gravel stages were tricky, especially SS03 in the rain, it was almost impossible to control the wheelspin. :eek:

I managed to make more mistakes tonight than I do in a dozen Rallys.
Started off badly by killing spectators very early in SS01. :oops:
SS04, I rolled the car as I went through the finish markers.
SS05, I rolled the car on the very first turn, not sure how or why, but ended up waaaaay off track after multiple rollovers but back on the wheels again. After trying to find the track, I had to give up and CFH. Then drove the rest of the stage with bent steering. :(
SS06, I rolled the car in what seemed an innocent turn very early. Managed to end up on the wheels again, but the car was badly damaged and again bent steering meant a hairy ride to the finish.
SS07, I understeered into the fence and damaged the poor Alfa yet again. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the BTB Spain stages quite a lot, they had a nice flow to them.

Thanks to Damien and Mike for the TS chatting, lots of fun stories to compare. :p

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Magnar, Fernando and Gundars.

Stage wins:
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 5 stage wins
Fernando Agapito: 3 stage wins

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Hey another win:D. And that with 2 spins. One in the first stage where i get a little to sideways and hit a tree whit the back of the car and it was throw round. The second spin i had on Diamond Creek in one of the fast jump i landed with 2 wheels on the grass and spin round but dont hit anything so i could continue to the end.
Thanks to all and i'm looking forward to round 2 of RDRC!!

Congratulations Magnar, a veeeeeeery close result this time. :cool:
Well done Fernando and Gundars for the podium.

Magnar and Fernando kept the Stage wins to themselves this time too. ;)

Looks like this Rally proved to be more tricky than expected, the red ink was flowing freely and drivers experienced plenty of spins and crashes too. I thought the Alfa was quite good to drive, but the stages were quite testing and most were new to us.

No new drivers this time and numbers were down a little, possibly due to drivers choosing to spend time practicing /preparing for the RDRC Round 2.

Thanks again to Senad and Damien for their contributions.

No Club Rally next week, good luck to all participating in the RDRC Round 2, and the following week we have Fernando's Challenge Rally. That is one to look forward to.

Joakim, you are the lucky winner of the bonus for taking P10 this rally, so you get the privilege of choosing details for the Club Rally on 9th & 10th April (if you wish). Can you please PM me with your ideas / plan ASAP so that we can organise the details.

Sorry I could not make it, had an Engineering talk on developing the WRC Mini last night with an engineer from Prodrive (A perk of working in the industry :rolleyes:) plus my computer doesn't like the BTB tracks, tried them before the event and I would get a bit through and it would overheat! But that's another issue. Well done to all that competed!

Andrew, make sure to send your HTML result or a screenshot to Senad so he can manually add your "missing" times.

See attached for my times for my "in progress" on the 5th stage, a 3:30.74.

Cheers,
Andrew

RD_Italian_times_screen_grab.png

Attachments

• Times_Chronos_20_03_2012_12_07_36.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 159
See attached for my times for my "in progress" on the 5th stage, a 3:30.74.
Andrew, I have updated the results to include your corrected time for SS05.
That now creates a dilemma since it now lifts you to P10, which just happens to be the Bonus place.
However, since I have already offered it to Joakim, he gets first option. If he doesn't take up the offer, you can have the option. Stay tuned. ;)

In future, to help Senad get the results out timely, if you know you have a "In Progress" bug in future, can you please post your data asap after you complete the Rally.

Thanks Joakim.

OK Andrew, you now have the option to design the Rally for 9th & 10th April, please let me know asap if you are happy to take up the offer and send me your ideas via PM. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back