I have been playing assetto corsa with sol 2.2.1 I believe, and CSP 1.78 for some time now.

I have not had any issues with it until recently when I downloaded more mod cars and traffic cars to play on another online server.

After downloading these mods, I see my Rain FX no longer works. I re-downloaded CSP 1.78 and checked to make sure everything was on. Weather FX, Rain FX, and my CSP settings are all good.

I am posting this thread now so it has time to circulate, if there is any info I forgot to add I will include it shortly. Any help would be appreciated.

If someone could at the least let me know what the latest versions of CSP and SOL are too.

Modded cars and tracks dont affect the functionality of RainFX.
So please test with Kunos cars and tracks.

If you dont have rain effects with vanilla content please post a screenshot with those apps open:
- Sol Weather
- Python Apps Debug, Tab "Python Logs"

Latest preview version of CSP is still 178p1, latest released version of SOL is 2.2.1

Modded cars and tracks dont affect the functionality of RainFX.
So please test with Kunos cars and tracks.

If you dont have rain effects with vanilla content please post a screenshot with those apps open:
- Sol Weather
- Python Apps Debug, Tab "Python Logs"

Latest preview version of CSP is still 178p1, latest released version of SOL is 2.2.1
I was not able to find a "Python logs" under the apps debug but this might be what you are looking to see. I appreciate you reaching out. I will post a screenshot on here momentarily.

rainfx.problems2.png

I do have the newest versions of sol and csp according to what you said... let me know if these pictures don't show what you needed to see. I couldn't send a resized full screen...

Well, posting the app "Sol Weather" as a stamp wasnt really helpful, but I was able to take a look. You're not running a preview-version of CSP, in fact you're using CSP1.77. No preview, no rain. :)

Well, posting the app "Sol Weather" as a stamp wasnt really helpful, but I was able to take a look. You're not running a preview-version of CSP, in fact you're using CSP1.77. No preview, no rain. :)
I'm not sure how that happened. Under the csp version settings it claims I am running 1.78. Any ideas? I have tried re-downloading 1.78 inside content manager and the actual files multiple times already...

Dude, you cant download 178p1 with CM. You have to download it manually from Iljas Patreon, which I guess you've already done, and install it manually afterwards. Either by unzipping it into the program folder of AC or drag'n'drop it to CM and install it with the hamburger menue.

At the moment there isnt even a version 1.78 clickable in CM to download. If you have downloaded and installed the 178p1 your CM has to look like this within About&Updates:

178cm.PNG

Last edited:
Hi! I don't understand why Sol Planner is not displayed on the panel in the race. It's not raining either. But if I put Sol2.0, instead of v2.2, then it's raining and SolPlanner is also not visible in the panel.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Dude, you cant download 178p1 with CM. You have to download it manually from Iljas Patreon, which I guess you've already done, and install it manually afterwards. Either by unzipping it into the program folder of AC or drag'n'drop it to CM and install it with the hamburger menue.

At the moment there isnt even a version 1.78 clickable in CM to download. If you have downloaded and installed the 178p1 your CM has to look like this within About&Updates:

View attachment 562277
Hi! If everything is installed correctly, with the correct versions, then why can there be problems with the SolPlanner display? My post above with a description.

Use the SOL-Thread please, there is a bunch of info:

And there were a couple of guys with exact the same problem within the last weeks. A proper installation of SOL (see manual!) usually fixed it. ;)

Use the SOL-Thread please, there is a bunch of info:

And there were a couple of guys with exact the same problem within the last weeks. A proper installation of SOL (see manual!) usually fixed it. ;)
I've already reinstalled everything 2 times, but I'll try again) Thanks!

Hi!!! i reply to this post for a similar problem.
I have 1.78 preview csp(installed correctly), Sol 2.2, settings for extended physics ticked in CM quick drive settings and under the car box, rain fx and weather fx active.
I tried also to edit the car.ini by manually add the extended versions strings, but all i have is rain, rain tyres selection available, but no grip loss with slicks tyres. I can drive the same way with slicks or rain tyres in wet conditions. Any advice to sort it out?

I run a server with friends and on it i have rain physics and everything working! In local nothing... full grip with slicks on wet! i really dunno what to try more :(

I have been playing assetto corsa with sol 2.2.1 I believe, and CSP 1.78 for some time now.

I have not had any issues with it until recently when I downloaded more mod cars and traffic cars to play on another online server.

After downloading these mods, I see my Rain FX no longer works. I re-downloaded CSP 1.78 and checked to make sure everything was on. Weather FX, Rain FX, and my CSP settings are all good.

I am posting this thread now so it has time to circulate, if there is any info I forgot to add I will include it shortly. Any help would be appreciated.

If someone could at the least let me know what the latest versions of CSP and SOL are too.
sol doesn't come with rain cps does but to get the rain version of cps you need the preview version from the patreon

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back