Radical SR3 XXR

Cars Radical SR3 XXR 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, i would like to try this one! but i get an error starting it. Does anyone have expirience how to solve the problem? Its about shaders...
1.png
2.png

Hello! The mod is fantastic to drive. Thank you.
The revs value aren't really aligned with Fanalab for Fanatec leds... they reach maximum level way before the tachymeter goes into the red zone: is it something modders could kindly fix?

For the people with crashes:
Sometimes it helps if CSP is updated manually. Get the zip from patreon or the LATEST public one from https://acstuff.ru/patch/. Open it and extract the dwrite.dll and the "extension" folder to the AC install folder (\steamapps\common\assettocorsa).
Sometimes there are files not installed, when using the CM CSP update function.

A manual install is always the safest way. Also with all other types of mods. The install via CM is a nice feature, but it can happen, that some files are not copied and therefore such crashes can happen. So maybe also try to install this car mod manually, by just copying the "content" folder to AC install folder.

Last edited:
More than 13 000 downloads and only 5 people complaining....
You mean 5 people actually took the time to report the issues, but they get flamed for it?
Also, not everyone that downloads it, actually plays it, you are aware of that, I hope.
And instead of talking down people that report issues, maybe actually look into them and fix it?

You mean 5 people actually took the time to report the issues, but they get flamed for it?
Also, not everyone that downloads it, actually plays it, you are aware of that, I hope.
And instead of talking down people that report issues, maybe actually look into them and fix it?
They are not getting flamed for it... I'm probably guessing its the sense of entitlement that's attached to the "bug reporting"

For instance, you rated it one star because you couldn't figure out what was needed, fair enough. But then proceed to post a list of issues with a tone that demands fixes?

The common sense here is... you didnt have this XXR before, life was good. Now you have one, free, life sucks?

Maybe thank the Radical team for sharing this, and do your best to deal with the bugs... or simply hit the delete button and move on.

"Can’t launch the race: model “content/cars/urd_radical_sr3xxr_2023/collider.kn5” requires a missing DLC."

Is it really too much for the devs to let us know which DLC is needed? No doubt will be flamed by "the experts" on here that it's my fault this doesn't work.

They are not getting flamed for it... I'm probably guessing its the sense of entitlement that's attached to the "bug reporting"

For instance, you rated it one star because you couldn't figure out what was needed, fair enough. But then proceed to post a list of issues with a tone that demands fixes?

The common sense here is... you didnt have this XXR before, life was good. Now you have one, free, life sucks?

Maybe thank the Radical team for sharing this, and do your best to deal with the bugs... or simply hit the delete button and move on.
I'm a software engineer, what you described, is not how development works. You make something with bugs, you fix it, free or not. Or at least specify requirements for it. Especially not deleting negative reviews.
I bet Radical didn't say make something, that barely works for some, offer no support, etc. It puts them too in the spot.

I'm a software engineer, what you described, is not how development works. You make something with bugs, you fix it, free or not. Or at least specify requirements for it. Especially not deleting negative reviews.
I bet Radical didn't say make something, that barely works for some, offer no support, etc. It puts them too in the spot.
What does software engineering have to do with a free mod for a racing game?

The community provided the answers as to why “it barely works” for some, because, again… it’s a mod for a game. Not the next version of windows.

I bet if Radical pulled the mod from the download section, you would complain too: “wHy tHey rEmOvE!”

Solution to "Can’t launch the race: model “content/cars/urd_radical_sr3xxr_2023/collider.kn5” requires a missing DLC."

Download this previous version of the SR3...
Replace the collider.kn5 file in the URD radical folder with the collider.kn5 from "v1.5".

Works right away using CSP 1.79. Hope that helps someone.

I have a Radical and looked forward to trying this mod, but for some reason the brakes lockup REAL easy. I've been using Shaun Clarke's car (v 1.5), and it works GREAT. Feels VERY much like my actual car, and the brakes works as expected (as they should).

There are other issues with the XXR, like any setup changes made in CM, don't stick... And for some reason, instead of using standard units for things like camber, ARB stiffness, etc, they use odd (to say the least) parameters that are difficult to transfer over. This surprises me the most considering they supposedly worked with Radical.

I sent an email to UnitedRacingDesign about the issues, but they didn't respond... As such, I'm going to continue using Shaun's. car over the newer XXR.

That said, I really do like the modern cockpit on the XXR, which I have on my car.

Is there a way to adapt the cockpit look into Shaun Clarke's car?

Is there a way to add the Soft compound tires to Shaun's car (Shaun's only has Med compound)?

Even Shaun's car has odd parameters for some of the suspension settings. Can these parameters be changed?

TIA!

Cockpit, not easily. Will require some knowledge of 3D software.

Tires and suspension parameters, sure… unpack data.acd and copy paste desired values from the relevant files

Cockpit, not easily. Will require some knowledge of 3D software.

Tires and suspension parameters, sure… unpack data.acd and copy paste desired values from the relevant files
John777,

Thank you.

I have no idea how to unpack an ACD file, but a quick web search has some videos on it, so off I go... : )

Thanks again,

Robert

EDIT:

I feel like an idiot, but I found a solution.

I'm not sure why the brakes are so sensitve on the XXR mod. I thought I tried everything, even reducing the brake force on my Sprint pedals to the minimum (15kg from 65kg), but nothing worked. I didn't realize there was also a "brake power" setting for the car in Assetto Corsa. I turned that down to the minimum (80%), and with the soft tires, I can now drive the car with similar braking forces to my actual car without locking the brakes.

It can be better, and I'm hoping I can make changes to the ACD file to be able to get my actual setup on the XXR...

Just a note: I'm noticing issues in CM when making adjustments to the car, so instead, I open AC, change the car settings in the pits, save that config, then double check it's correct in CM.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1578763

We need more radical car mods by this dude fr

Finally, I found an official statement about what dependency is needed: "Version 1.4 - Please Note CSP 0.1.79 is required.", stated here .
The car now at least loaded, hope it is as fun as it looks ;) I drove its little brother, the SR1 IRL, was massive fun.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea