Radical SR3 XXR

Cars Radical SR3 XXR 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I too am having issues getting this mod to work. Crashes at startup with error message "may need DLC" Removed and downloaded multiple times with same result. AMS2 has a earlier version of this car. Also I think I saw it's available for RF2. So looks like will need to run it on another sim. I see multiple people are having trouble with this in AC. Seems to be a major glitch in the mod.

• Deleted member 223075

t0r8.jpg

Thought I would share - hope it helps someone,

I had the same crashing issue as many here have,
I did a fresh install of AC and Contents Manager
via Contents Manager I installed CSP 1.73 and the Radical file.
Still crashed.
via Contents Manager I then selected CSP 1.76 and now works.
I do not have SOL installed.

It is amazingly good

I'm not on the game PC so I can't look at the data files or the rotation of the wheel on the screen, but I would suggest to use Content Manager and set the soft lock option, so that you'll have that automatically set for every car.
As far as I know almost all wheels are compatible, I'm using it on a Simucube and is working perfectly so that I don't care anymore to have to set it everytime.

Here you can find how to enable:

I'm not on the game PC so I can't look at the data files or the rotation of the wheel on the screen, but I would suggest to use Content Manager and set the soft lock option, so that you'll have that automatically set for every car.
As far as I know almost all wheels are compatible, I'm using it on a Simucube and is working perfectly so that I don't care anymore to have to set it everytime.

Here you can find how to enable:

I've definitely overlooked this. Thank you for sharing!

I too am having issues getting this mod to work. Crashes at startup with error message "may need DLC" Removed and downloaded multiple times with same result. AMS2 has a earlier version of this car. Also I think I saw it's available for RF2. So looks like will need to run it on another sim. I see multiple people are having trouble with this in AC. Seems to be a major glitch in the mod.
I had this issue. As another user mentioned previously in this thread you need to replace the collider file with one from a kunos car. I used the collider file from the bmw z4 initially as its roughly the same dimensions, which worked - but have now replaced it with the collider file from Shaun Clarkes fantastic SR3 mod as I imagine it is closer to the XXR.

Im running CSP 1.79 + pure 1.54

IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1939.jpg

Last edited:
Have hundreds of cars installed, for some reason this is the only one that seems to throw an error. Is there any particular third party requirements to use this mod?

Edit: Was linked to the colider file error. Not sure if anyone else has said this but the cars performance seems underwhelming compared to the real life car (I've driven one)

Last edited:
Have hundreds of cars installed, for some reason this is the only one that seems to throw an error. Is there any particular third party requirements to use this mod?

Edit: Was linked to the colider file error. Not sure if anyone else has said this but the cars performance seems underwhelming compared to the real life car (I've driven one)
Exact same car, the XXR?

Where did you lap it at, maybe we can use your laptimes as reference. Assuming Radical has screwed up their data integration royally into the mod.

Last edited:
So to sum it up, radical_motorsport , here are the issues found till now:
- doesn't work for people with vanilla AC (some other, unspecified mods needed?)
- Water temp and oil temp gauges are mixed. Water shows the temp of oil and vise-versa
- probably same as above, the game crash and say: "Analog instruments of Radical SR3 XXR might be broken"
- model collider.kn5 requires a missing DLC
- The steering wheel doesn't display any data or selected gear

Last edited:
As I have had issues with this mod and to date been unable to get it to work either with or without CM and reading everyone else's problems I will venture my opinion that this mod is junk in it's current form. And since we have not heard or seen any response form the creator it makes one wonder about the commitment this creator has to his mods.

As I have had issues with this mod and to date been unable to get it to work either with or without CM and reading everyone else's problems I will venture my opinion that this mod is junk in it's current form. And since we have not heard or seen any response form the creator it makes one wonder about the commitment this creator has to his mods.
they gotta be testing on all the scenarios posted here already . Different CSP versions seem to affect the mods (it shouldn't though) and people should always update to latest (even if not "recommended") since it fixes lots of stuff.
People could also get help from other friends if a mod doesn't work, there's probably a workaround, some update not installed. It's not the mod doesn't even work remotely otherwise it shouldn't been uploaded in the first place.

I took the car out to Mugello yesterday for the first time since installing it.
The car actually drives quite nice but I'm wondering why every car I own from URD, seems to have the driver's head skip every few seconds during replays.
It is a bit annoying to watch the driver's helmet twitching like he has tourette's syndrome

I also don't understand why the UI shows 232bhp when the real data of mod shows 247bhp
real data is 214whp. 8% loss.
---

Car works fine for me, turned some laps on laguna, tsukuba and nord, enjoyed it.

The instruments are using features only in newer versions of CSP. Most likely need .77+ since that's when the additional input features and digital/analog merge happened.

Not sure what the missing DLC part is about. It might be using some kind of shared feature from other cars, only thing I can think of is that I have the URD X2010 installed. Or maybe you need something from the Assetto DLC's? Does somebody have ultimate edition and still get that error?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.