Racing platform for Season 10

It seems like most of us want to stick with Race07 for one more season, and I also support this decision. However, I would consider stepping down using f3000 cars instead of MMG F1 cars in season 10, because in my opinion this would allow more participants in our league and more realistic experience.

I think it would help us greatly if we could have a slightly greater pool of drivers in our league next season (before changing platform), so that we could influence on large amount of simracers' next simracing game choice. I think this could work by using f3000 car, which is included with the game, and there are plenty of potential drivers, who already know this car pretty well. In addition, public f3000 servers have been surprisingly crowded lately.

If I have understood correctly, PrestoGP used f3000 cars earlier? How were your experiences with it? I would say that at least f3000 is not modeling racing car behavior less well than MMG F1. I also think that setupping f3000 is more straight forward, as there are no hidden items (as is the case with F1?). Overtaking seems to be a bit easier with f3000 too. F1 is of course way faster, but I think it's almost the only reason why we should stick with F1 versus a lots of reasons to move to f3000.

^^ I second my Team Captain, that's an excellent idea! One more season of F1 vs F3000..

F1 :harder, faster, stronger etc.
F3000: NO LAGS!!! At least not in such a mount that we've seen lately. Less speed, safer, easier.. We can extend the Race length to suit the needs... Those members who can't race now due to schedules etc could start testing it right away ;) Plus the model is very good, one of the best in the game IMHO. Tire management is much more critical, with MMG mod they rarely can be affected by driver, the either work or not.. F3000 there's no compound differences, it handles really well on the rain... I just like the car.

My motivation would be higher, i could just manage to get my pedals to last F3000 season (at least first half..) but not F1 season making me concerned about my chances of participation for one more F1 season..

We need fun... We really really need to enjoy more.

If I have understood correctly, PrestoGP used f3000 cars earlier? How were your experiences with it? I would say that at least f3000 is not modeling racing car behavior less well than MMG F1.

My first three full seasons with PrestoGP were using the F3000.:D My experiences with the car model were very positive. :inlove:

It seems like most of us want to stick with Race07 for one more season, and I also support this decision. However, I would consider stepping down using f3000 cars instead of MMG F1 cars in season 10, because in my opinion this would allow more participants in our league and more realistic experience.

With lots of [all] street circuits like Macau. :whistling: plus Silverstone 2011 please!!! :cool:

Next season:
Race07 is a stable and good simulator platform. Stability is an important factor for us. We do not have any big problems of technical nature. Sometimes we have people who are victims of LC but it probably can't be blamed on the sim. If we are to change platforms, I suggest rf1. Reliable and with an infinite number of car models, and most have already bought rf1 guess. Another argument could be that rf1 has more options/features for formula style pit-stops and starts if I remember it correctly. The feeling of driving in rf1 is about the same as in our present sim, so it wouldn't be any significant improvement.

I don't mind running the F3000 for a change. They were fun to race with. It is easier to set up and learn how to drive them and all who run the Race07 platform have them, as already pointed out.

Future:
From what I have read about rf2 I suppose it would be necessary to take a course in racing engineering to be able to utilize the full potential of a car. The track will be green at first and the setup will not suite the track surface without continuous adjustments compensating for rising grip levels. In my eyes it looks like a lot of setup stuff to do and less driving/practising. I would have to submit an application to my wife asking for more time ;)

Future:
From what I have read about rf2 I suppose it would be necessary to take a course in racing engineering to be able to utilize the full potential of a car. The track will be green at first and the setup will not suite the track surface without continuous adjustments compensating for rising grip levels. In my eyes it looks like a lot of setup stuff to do and less driving/practising. I would have to submit an application to my wife asking for more time ;)

Reminds me of this thread : Varying grip-level in race?

:)

I still only read about rf2. It would be fun to test the beta, but I will wait at least to the next build.
I know we have changing track conditions in our sim too. In rf2 it seems as if the new tire and track models are two big steps up in complexity from rf1. I guess that will make it far more complicated to set up the car for optimal handling.

gMotor2 (rF, Race etc) has very limited set of varying parameters. In rF2 the Real Road (or was that for GTR3, can't remember now.) is a huge step in terms of reality.. Now the road has one drivingline and whether or nor it was actually used, it dries up more quickly and has marginally more grip than off driving line. In the next model, where you drive affects the road, just like now the road affects our tires so it's way more complex.. We can't really even see or feel the changing condition, Race has even less of these in use (grip changes are so minimal that i haven't found any cases where i could definitely say that in the dry the drivingline would have any more grip than the rest of the track.. If it's there, it's in range of 0,01%..

I don't mind either as I'm fine with all the options, allthough I just started with the f1 mod and haven't really seen everything with it. But it's the same thing with the f3000 that I drove very rarely in the past.
Whatever gets decided, based on race07 there aren't gonna pop out guys out of nowhere with the sim beeing at the end of it's lifecycle anyway, so that woudn't make a difference in that regard.

I'm just kinda sad that the FReiza is not in the discussion anymore, as RD is also not doing its open-wheeler champ. with it, so it remains to be potential unused.

What platform we use is in my opinion secondary. As long as we all can agree on an adequate sim that everyone has the opportunity to use, it's ok with me. I share Jim's opinion about car choice, it's not the car model that is the most important thing in Presto. I think many with me would agree it's primary the privilege of competing with a grid full of knowledgeable gentleman style drivers that makes the league what it is.

I'm for the idea of switching to a more advanced sim. Is there any new sim that can give us better racing than Race07 series? And is it ready for league use? It's always nice with progress, but I think we should be careful not to be too hasty.

I'm for the idea of switching to a more advanced sim. Is there any new sim that can give us better racing than Race07 series? And is it ready for league use? It's always nice with progress, but I think we should be careful not to be too hasty.

The most advanced Sims to be coming should be rF2 (in a finished version) and Assetto Corsa which in my eyes seems to become the most advanced Sim as I have big trust in the makers of netkarPro. For me it is most likely that my old PC could make it hard to play (enjoy) those new titles but that's my problem to fix in the future. But I also think that none of the promising titles will be available around christmas so we could test them before using one in season 10.

So discussing the platform for season 10 we should stick with the platforms which are already well known. This brings me back to Race07 as it is well known by all of us, has good physics, good weather system and good FFB. So for this reasons I would agree using each standard car and nearly each modded car in Race07 if the majority decides for one.

So deciding to use the F3000 will of course be one step back in terms of speed but it could be one big step forward in increasing the challenge. I'd expect the field to get closer together which should provide us with more battles involving more different drivers. In addition the veterans and many other RD members know the F3000 well and for the rest (like me) it shouldn't be hard to learn using it.

PS: From my very own perspective I'd always like to go on with the MMG F1 car as it's the most lovely car to drive (so far). But from a race driver's perspective I like to have much close and clean fighting. In this aspect I'd even consider using the Minis... :p

I don't think it's a good idea to switch game for the next season. Season 11 is another thing. There are a lot of us who need to update their computers for the next gen. But i've said that already, i think.. rF2 and AC are in my mind the strongest candidates too. rF2 is technically better but AC has gathered a lot of competent drivers and has garnered great reviews from all of them.. That is never a co-incidence so it must be really good. Bram would love if we'd go for AC, hint hint..

As with many of the comments so far i not to fussed what car we drive, as we all agreed will probably be gtr for another season atleast.
One thing i think though, i do get a greater enjoyment racing alone/practising on the track with the mmg vs the f3000 but racing with others the close racing would be as good also for races id like to stick as close to the f1 calender as possible like we have done for the race tracks.
Maybe with us sticking with gtr to we should keep it simple and stick with mmg, i know with little practise im pretty comfortable with these cars and not much more possible to improve at the front guys pace wise but alot of new and older guys in league have had steady improvements and also know these car well now, so may make it easier for everyone currently involved changing nothing at the momemt.

On a little side note i think when does come the day to go to Asseto corsa or gtr3 or rf2 especially it may be good idea to use a lower formula car like f2 or formula renaults etc. This may help us noobs get used to new sim when day comes :)

Seans post makes good sence for me. I agree that the front runners can't improve in pace anymore. And this season has shown so far that the field has come closer again. So it wouldn't be the worst decision to run one more season with the well known basic conditions.

That would also mean only one "big" change at some point in the future instead of having a "small" change now just to make that "big" change possibly only one season later.

So far the discussion has been very usefull and shown some very interesting points to think about. But I think the next logic step should be a vote if we like to change anything for season 10 or if we basically want to leave it as it is and delay that discussion to the end of season 10. Of course that would only make sence if each member who plans to take part in season 10 would give a vote.

On the other side in terms of change to a newer platform, I can see a change to the F3000 before that being a kind of rehearsal with conditions which are a bit more familiar.
And also that could be a good opportunity to "collect" the Race 07 fans who are not so happy with the f1 mod before changing to a newer platform.
I share Reiks thought, I think this topic is worth having a vote on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back