Racing platform for Season 10

My prediction is: I can see MMG winning the vote and thats what we go with but as a result we loose 2 or 3 drivers yet everyone seemed happy to go with FFR which came a close second, thats what I'm keen to avoid!

I dont want to loose Peter or David or anyone else for that matter so I'm trying to come up with something that avoids this scenario

Peter has grown tired of racing in the league, only the thrill of returning to f3000 will keep him going for a last season (fair enough) while Chirlie have never been a steady member and do not want to race f3000 (fair enough). What Marko said might be an ultimatum, but it might also be that he wish to restore the "balance of terror", that he thinks it is wrong that what we will race next season shall be determined by those least interested in racing in the league. (David I think have retracted his ultimatum, but that does not mean he will not be a raging bull if f3000 is to win, lol).

i think my point is that the fairest thing is to make sure everybody know the consequences of the 3 alternatives before they vote.

Shouldn't we at least first ask everyone (not just two drivers), if they will participate season 10, if FRR is used?
Not to nit-pick, but I think it is an important point to make.
It is the drivers responsibillity to inform the rest, not just in this situation but in all situations. I have already noticed how you worded yourself in your race report and have incorporated the fact that you might not race with us if we chose FRR (and possibly f1 as well). That was my main reason for the edit in my earlier post where I said we should vote either way. I assume the rest are ok with FRR (except possibly Peter) as they have not said anything.

one thing to understand from my perspective is i am willing to race whatever car is chosen, everyone knows my favorite is mmg, and nicos right i wont be happy with f3000 but the racing is good and so as not to cause any problems i'll hang around, but i thought frr was a very good compromise for everyone and its been indicated in the fun race thread too, i got past the stage of "if i dont get my own way im leaving" some others might look at themselves and realise the same?

"If i can change, you can change, everyone can change!!"

;)

Peter has grown tired of racing in the league, only the thrill of returning to f3000 will keep him going for a last season (fair enough)
:(
Yes , I guess that is essentially true, however, I never wished to become a [or the] "pivot point" in any decisions.

Other drivers have come and gone depending upon their own personal circumstances/ motivation. My circumstances/ motivation is that I have done six seasons [seven if one includes the Pacific Series] with the MMG and that's enough for me. Of course there is more to it than that but, in my opinion, there is nothing positve to be gained through further explanation.

P.S. @#$%! :confused: there is a heck of lot to read in this thread, and so I may need to add more to this post, but first I require coffee, food, start the washing machine, blah blah....

And what about you Peter? Will you do one more season if we race FRR?

Undecided. I have only driven it the once. I admit that finding myself 5 seconds off the pace in Q was not very encouraging. Considering it was only a fun race, what will happen when the quick guys practice? :confused:

TOO MUCH TO READ! lol forgive me, but I haven't the time right now to go through it all. If only the incident report analysis were so in depth. J :)

I have read most of your post, and for a "french 1st language guy" it is quite a big job cos there is a lot of posts :) I just want to say that if i happen to be able to join some of the season 10 race i will be more than happy, no matter what car is chosen, and if you all accept me in! My guess is i would be less competitive if in MMG than other 2 cars. I have not practice them much. On tracks i did, i was like 1.5 seconds slower than fast riders..... but OH so many mistakes....

The most important, keep in mind that its just a game, and games are made to "have fun"!! And i think everyone of you will have fun no matter which car is chosen!! This is my personnal thought, and i might be wrong.... but i trully wish i'm right :)

Steeve (the newbie) :)

the rumours of returning to MMG does not make me so excited about it, cars lagging, can’t be too close to Aussies, long debates about who at fault then it is the sync story in every single race , i AM really tired of that and i really feel for trying something else , RR seems to be an alternative , it is modern , fast and easier to handle than MMG and it looks to have less sync issue as it has been proven when sean and David could be too close to me with no prob at all, plus i loved driving it , but my honest opinion nothing can provide the real racing experience than the F3000, it is ugly , slower than both but you can’t deny the close to real driving that it is providing, i have never driven in my life any real racing car, only some go cart here and there so i can’t give a true feedback about it but it is clear when you drive an f3000 you get the feeling of a real car compared to RR or MMG. plus it is almost certain you won’t get that sync issue and we can have close fight for the whole race.

the only thing i am after is the fun with the friends in the races , with less drama and less incident reports even if we chose to drive a mini.

I got the notion that you liked FRR?
:)
I was quite surprised by FRR. Immense torque, a shift in the center of gravity, less braking power, nice steering wheel read outs, a lot of grip from the P-Zero's [or was that Silverstone's tarmac?].

What I am trying to convey in my posts is that I think no one should should compromise their vote based on what I may do. I am not holding anyone to ransom.

PrestoGP, in my view, is now well populated with "competitors" whom want to "train" to improve their own performance. I am only a hobbyist and recreational driver at best. My preparation is poor [by comparison] and so my performance in general reflects that. I do not know how I would go learning the ins and outs of the FRR to do a full season.:unsure:

So it would not be fair on anyone to compromise their vote in the hopes of retaining a 'mediocre' driver. I would still like to practice occasionally on the servers and partake in any "Fun Runs" you may do.:thumbsup: Depending upon what vehicle type is chosen....

Although I have not yet read all of the posts, it appears there are many missing voices as of yet....

[...]even if we chose to drive a mini.

Hahaha, that's Bob M's territory I think. :)

Of course there is more to it than that but, in my opinion, there is nothing positve to be gained through further explanation.
It has been obvious that you have been growingly unhappy for many seasons. I think if you had spoken out in the first place about what/who you were unhappy about/with there's a chance you would not be wanting to leave. But you never did, you are always vague about with what and especially with whom and write a lot "between the lines". Even when having read all your posts the last 5 years it is hard to understand. If I was to guess though, I would think that one of the problems is that you understanding of the relationship between practice, skills and pace needs to be recalibrated, something that the quote below illustrates:
I admit that finding myself 5 seconds off the pace in Q was not very encouraging. Considering it was only a fun race, what will happen when the quick guys practice? :confused:
I think you were the only driver on track that had not prepared for the race prior to the event. I "knew" you would be slow because I experienced myself how slow I was after 1 hour with practice (slower than you). Those super fast ailiens have all put in a fair bit of practice which is highly rewarded when one are new to both car and track. Sure they are more skilled/talented than probably you but especially me, that's probably why they are motivated to put in that extra practice. Being comfortable with the idea that I am not the most skilled, nor do I practice the most, therefore I cannot expect to keep the same pace as the fastest, I think is key to enjoying a race other places than the front of the grid.

i think you Peter, are probably somewhere around 3rd-8th when it comes to skills/talent, while you are close to the bottom end when it comes to practice. Nothing wrong with that, on the contrary, you are skilled enough to deliver a strong race almost without practice, that is what many of us aim for :thumbsup:

When one misread the relationship between practice, skill and pace, one look towards talent/skills, safety vs. competitiveness, white line rule, setup secrets and other things to explain this difference in pace.

Please consider refinding your motivation Peter, you have allowed yourself to go down a spiral where you only see the negative, but the fact is that you are one of our best and most dependable drivers in proabably one of the most open, honest and friendly leagues in the world, a league you started with Jim, Vincenzo and me (and others that have left) 5 years ago. Sure there are small differences in how drivers interpret safety vs. competitiveness, white line rules etc. but that is only natural for a league with drivers of all ages, cultures and nationalities. Considering that, I think we are a very homogeneous group.

Also, does it not count for something that not one single person in the league wants to see you go? Quite a lot will be very sad by the fact, including myself. You are very wanted by everybody in the league Peter, although we might not show it often enough. And if I write more now, I will probably do as David, question my sexuallity :)

Nice post Nico! ;)

I like to add that for me practicing is a pleassure too and not an obstacle I have to overcome. I would often like to have more time to practice but the amount I reach so far is still ok.

For example I was able to practice one monday evening for the FRR event at Silverstone 2011. I think I got quick so quickly due to our sharing system in the forum, because even before I started my practicing I had a decent amount of usefull informations from guys like Anthony, who started testing earlier. It's great that the help of others reduces practicing time for those who sometimes have less time. And the next event maybe I can help Anthony if I started earlier. I just want to say that even guys like Peter, who don't want or aren't able to practice much, can get prepared quickly due to own experience and much input from other guys.

Now with 10 days! to go we should find a resolution or vote soon as possible If not im leaving :) ...
We need email list for Nico and to just get vote out the way and done and let people then make decision then if they are staying, otherwise the rest and Nico will run around in circles trying to accomodate everyone.

The whole practising and testing the cars for me in the off season trying to get idea of what i thought was best actually made me like the mmg even more as a mod, the f3000 is like sailing and handles like a tin top not a formula style and the frr seems way to easy to drive it should be more difficult like the mmg and as for the tires f3000 and Frr are so unrealistic its crazy all this makes mmg mod even more realistic to me and the tires actually work way better than simbins. If it was only down to what car i thought was best it would easily be mmg its also what we driven for last seasons.

Also on practising it is a joy and nothing better than seeing same old faces on server and having some of the best racing there other than the main races. I aim to be safe and competative. To give everyone a idea of how much, i practised about 4 hours for Frr event and went from 32s to 28s mostly with 2nd night using Reiks setup :) , F3000s and mmg ive been on and off since offseason and im just short of 4 year old pb f3000 and about on pb mmg istanbul with probably about 8/10 hours practise each in last couple months.
I think you get nothing for nothing in sim racing you get back what you put in and none of the cars are pick up and play, practise leads to faster pace, consistancy and safer driving :thumbsup:

Stupid idea that i dream of last night..... Would it be possible to have the choice of MMG and FRR for the season??? I "think" they are about the same speed... or am i wrong?? So those who prefer MMG pick them and fight others on FRR.... Is it VERY STUPID idea, not TOO STUPID idea, or INTERSTING idea??? I have not compare any MMG anf FRR times on any tracks.... i just "heard" that they are about the same speed.....

Now i read in your posts that lag is a problem in MMG.... that is a strong point i think.

Note: feel free to call me stupid.... but i wanted to express my last night dream haha :)

Steeve

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back