Racing platform for Season 10

As I already told some others a short time ago:

I would welcome Presto GP moving on to the Formula Reiza on Game Stock Car 2012.

This car is just incredibly well made. I could also write much more about it later on, if others are interested in it.

Another thing is that Presto GP would be in a unique position with such a league, because there isn't really any league on the communities that I know of, who runs a league with these cars, therefore also having a chance to pick up some new good drivers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to use them :)

Like I said, I would gladly write more about this topic if there is a wish for that.

A problem I see about rfactor 2 is the price which is quite high so it might not be worth the investment for some drivers.
There is also the Stockcar 2012 simulator whose F1 car has great critics all over the internet and costs 20 USD compared to 43 USD for 1year rfactor 2

What Im saying is that I wouldnt concentrate on rfactor 2 only.
There are new simulators coming which are very competetive.

EDIT: I see Dinos post now and can only agree

I have rF and love it I bought rF2 beta fews day after the release but dont run on my pc or better I can run in low detail and alone for now rF2 is forbidden:( our MMG mod come from rF and is one of better mod of ever together at "Grand Prix 1979" imo, is also true that the news simulator will come but I ask myself what pc must buy for run with this news simulators.
I can understand the Dino opinion about new drivers but for me this game have a bit of things to say and is fun use it. Stockcar never used I download RaceRoom Racing Experience but is for Windows7 and I have XP so the game run but is mute no engine sound:O_o:. Im a bit lock if we change the simulator.

+1 David:)

PS I could be wrong but this speak about new game or simulator it already came out time ago and Nico and all the Band of Desperados:D said that the switch would have involved some problem for someone so for the happiness of all we stay with this game and mod,

to be totally honest, i probably wont goto gsc due to it being based on rf1 which is a very old platform now, race07 i cant see me playing indefinatly, sometimes things need to move on for a number of reasons, one of them being far more advanced physics which makes the whole experience more realistic, another reason is that things go stale after a while, weve used race07 for a number of years now and we know more than most about its limitations, it holds us back in many ways.

like i said id be happy with race07 for the present, but that doesnt mean id like to stay with race07 forever.

quote="Valerio Vinassa, post: 1277281, member: 9651"] I download RaceRoom Racing Experience but is for Windows7 and I have XP so the game run but is mute no engine sound:O_o:.
,[/quote]

Go to Control Panel. Find Sounds and Audio Devices. First page, under Speaker Settings, click Advanced. Go to Performance and reduce Hardware Acceleration from Full to None. Click Ok and start the game.. hey presto: you got sounds. After that you can try to increase Hardware Acceleration one step at a time until sounds disappear again, then click back one step.

Sorry for off-topic, i got XP too..

I agree with David and others and am happy with Race07 for the present time. There's no compelling reason to switch(other than man's innate need for adventure). Among the current options:

1) GSC is a set of very very good mods built on the rF1 engine with weak track support.
2) rF2 is expensive with annual subscription and is a LONG way from prime time( I used the refund money option).
3) iRacing is very expensive with weak F1 track support.
4) F1 2012's physics may be questionable and has an "arcade" feel, but has excellent F1 track support
5) Assetto Corsa is not available to evaluate

I don't see an obvious "must go to" option and other than getting a little "old" there's nothing particularly wrong with Race07.

I see a couple of problems if we stick with Race 07.
There is no doubt that the demand for race 07 leagues is decreasing, that means no matter how much advertising we do for the league it will always be hard to get only a couple of new drivers, that would be a lot easier if we switched to a newer platform and my personal favourite still is gsc.
The cars are great, there are a lot of F1 addon-circuits and the graphic is much improved compared to Race 07 without having very high system requirements. And of course the price is very affordable campared to rFactor 2.
And just as an example here is the sign up thread of another RD GSC league.

One problem I see too is with things around the league like doing broadcasts and reviews.
Those are not primary issues but it is a big part of a racing league in my opinion.
The broadcasts we did this season where for sure a lot of fun for the drivers but everyone I tallked to including the commentators said that it wasnt much fun to watch, not due to driver abilities, due to the cars which didnt create much highlights.
Thats something which would change with a newer platform as well because they simply create more action.

Of course the decision about switching to a new platform shouldnt be made too quickly but games like GSC and rFactor 2 are as good as finished in terms of content and price so the choice for season 11 wont be much different.
So if we want to switch at all I'd recommend doing it for season 10 because in my opinion it would help the league a lot and there is a good chance to get as big as we used to be.

my personal favourite still is gsc.
The cars are great, there are a lot of <removed> circuits and the graphic is much improved compared to Race 07 without having very high system requirements

I agree. And I would also like to add that there are also very good lesser known tracks, that are suited for f1 already in the base package (Brasilia comes to mind)

And just as an example here is the sign up thread of another RD GSC league.
That example though is not very good, as Minis and other slow cars are unfortunatly infinitely more popular than beasts like F1 cars. But the potential for more drivers will be there of course, that's for sure :)

One problem I see too is with things around the league like doing broadcasts and reviews.
Those are not primary issues but it is a big part of a racing league in my opinion.
The broadcasts we did this season where for sure a lot of fun for the drivers but everyone I tallked to including the commentators said that it wasnt much fun to watch, not due to driver abilities, due to the cars which didnt create much highlights.
Thats something which would change with a newer platform as well because they simply create more action.
This is partly right in my opinion, but I have seen Race07 broadcasts that were a ton better than what we had here. This is not due the cars only, you can (with no disrespect to the broadcasters) do a much better job in presenting it :)

Of course the decision about switching to a new platform shouldnt be made too quickly but games like GSC and rFactor 2 are as good as finished in terms of content and price so the choice for season 11 wont be much different.
I agree about GSC beeing ready for serious league use, allthough it also has some negative points, but mostly positive points. That's detail stuff that could be discussed later on.

But I don't agree about rf2 beeing as good as finished :) The proper league support and all the needed features (like a good working tiremodel) and not in there yet and I wouldn't expect that stuff to come quickly, considering ISI's updating speed.
But the rf2 F1 car (Formula Masters mod) is still quite nice already, but far from polished.

Please keep in mind that non-licensed circuits are a problem in GSC2012. I have thus removed the link.

Tom
Good to know Tom I removed the link in my post as well.
Im just wondering, Ive tought that it would be the same with the licenses in GSC as it is in other games since there are races in the racing club with non licensed tracks for GSC as well..
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/time-trial-nürburgring-nordschleife-all-week.57587/
is that not the case?

Good to know Tom I removed the link in my post as well.
Im just wondering, Ive tought that it would be the same with the licenses in GSC as it is in other games since there are races in the racing club with non licensed tracks for GSC as well..
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/time-trial-nürburgring-nordschleife-all-week.57587/
is that not the case?

It's about how those tracks are being converted, can't go into detail but what we released was fine whilst randomly converted tracks aren't. :)

I'm happy that "modders code of conduct" is upheld, it's so shamefully easy to do conversions these days that not all yet understand what guidelines to follow. I can provide my track for conversions if there's want.

I think rf2 is best option in future atm maybe with 1 more of race07 until rf2 fully operational:) , once ready i think this will be a amazing racing experience with dynamic weather, grip levels, flats spots and overall more realistic physics. Its already really good in its current state and i find it hard to stop racing with ai in the f2s racing is so much fun atm, just needs more f1 tracks and some f1 mods like mmg 2008, will be out soon after release id think.
I can run rf2 just about highest settings with 3 monitors, i know some people with older pcs do have issues but the game should be more compatable with older pcs when released with better driver optimization and maybe with small pc upgrade the game should be really playable on alot of systems with 1 monitor at least i would think. I think it will be worth an upgrade if needed to as I also think the game maybe will last next 5+ years before anything else will be as close to simulating real racing.
I also got the lifetime option, i looked at it if i play rf2 as long as i have race07 its easily the cheapest option :)
I think if gsc was going to be a option it would be best with probably just rf1 instead its pretty much same game and rf has countless tracks, mods and is cheaper also alot of members may already have it. Gsc has better ffb but this can be achieved in rf with leos mod and real feel etc but i see these as more of a side shift from race07 rather than moving into future :thumbsup:.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back