RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Live

2stains

500RPM
Jan 27, 2016
Here are your settings mate... Ok file too large, but in edit assignment all the way down there is keys for triple screen camera edits.. this will tilt your view
Just check that settings name in game , its called "shift display up/down" that is for when your eyes dont line up with the center of the screen and it basically shifts the whole picture up . If i use that i get a bent image because it thinks my eyes dont line up correctly with my displays . I need to tilt the image , not shift it to my eye level , my eyes are already aligned to the center of my screen .
Just give us triple users seat tilt and i will be able to play again ! After all this is a Sim , we should have the sim options ;)

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Jul 18, 2012
Dx11 aside.....come on dynamic road and 24 hr day to night cycle update.....or a new engine, Nvidia SPS, VRSS and whatever AMD equivalent is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrik Marek

Andrew_WOT

3000RPM
May 11, 2014
And why not DX12? Didn't ACC show some performance boost in DX12 mode?
My experience with recent titles supporting both renderer is that DX12 has visual and performance edge.

Reactions: Martin Fiala

Erik Frisen

25RPM
Nov 9, 2015
Just check that settings name in game , its called "shift display up/down" that is for when your eyes dont line up with the center of the screen and it basically shifts the whole picture up . If i use that i get a bent image because it thinks my eyes dont line up correctly with my displays . I need to tilt the image , not shift it to my eye level , my eyes are already aligned to the center of my screen .
Just give us triple users seat tilt and i will be able to play again ! After all this is a Sim , we should have the sim options ;)
Try it, to me it looks more like a tilt than up and down but I could be wrong

Martin Fiala

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
@Andrew_WOT I think that most people, when they talk about a switch to DX11, they really mean DX11 or higher. I know I do. Because DX12 would obviously be even better. Or Vulkan.

But the problem with DX12 is that there is sadly still a lot of people who refuse to upgrade to Win 10 :(

PurgerUK

500RPM
Premium
Apr 28, 2015
And why not DX12? Didn't ACC show some performance boost in DX12 mode?
My experience with recent titles supporting both renderer is that DX12 has visual and performance edge.
I believe the DX12 performance improvements in ACC are because some of the shaders/processes are not supported by DX12 and so you are effectively disabling some options.

I think the graphics in R3E are pretty good and with an I5-9600K and 1080Ti performance is very good on my Index (forcing reprojection and using 40/80 FPS). Having said that any improvements would be nice but I'd be more keen on more detail in the road meshes rather than anything else. I think R3E FFB matches up to any other sim but most tracks have fairly lifeless smooth surfaces. AMS1 and AMS2 show that you don't need laser scanning to have characterful track surfaces

M-Bimmer

Still on 20” winter tyres. Back to 22” soon
Jun 10, 2016
Really liked the pre-December FFB. Pretty much stopped playing it since the FFB was revised at that time.

Guess I'll give it a shot, but AMS2's FFB has really spoiled me...
In the same boat.
So let’s all look here...

48C66DAF-7AF4-452D-AB5C-784134BBBDF2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: M D Gourley
Jun 21, 2016
It's not perfect but I can run AC, Rfactor 2, AMS2 and Iracing in medium/high settings in VR without any problems or slowdowns at all. Got any more good advices?
Strange i have to run AMS2 everything on Low settings but this i can run high settings.

• Wow
Reactions: F_B

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Vulkan would be amazing, I was skeptical but in Xplane11, my fps went from 30fps to 60fps !!!
Every game I have that has Vulcan as an option runs better than it does with DX 11/12. Whether it could be shoe-horned into the current R3E engine is a different matter though.

Patrik Marek

1000RPM
Oct 25, 2014
Every game I have that has Vulcan as an option runs better than it does with DX 11/12. Whether it could be shoe-horned into the current R3E engine is a different matter though.
it would be new engine , so unlikely, but you could port/update R3E assets into new engine

but yeha, to really take advantage of new eingine, assets should be done differently, such as using small detail maps, rather then bigger textures, so it's probably not viable for sector3 to do this

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
To be perfectly honest, despite what S3 have bandied about in the past, I think the only realistic option for this kind of overhaul is R3E 2. I just can't see them trying to port everything into a new engine, with all the incompatibilities and other issues that would bring. Better to just start from scratch and play to the engine's individual methods and strengths.

Reactions: Sven Wever