RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Those of you with a keen eye will have noticed RaceRoom Racing Experience went down for maintenance early today.. well, it's back up and freshly updated.

The new build of RaceRoom Racing Experience should be available next time you restart your Steam client, and in this latest 544mb hotfix the developers have mostly looked to address various cars within the title - adding fixes, tweaks and improvements across a wide variety of content.

Changelist:
  • Fixed revlimiter issues introduced in a previous update
Content updates:
  • All cars - Reduced differences between car classes with regards to damage and detachable parts falling off the car.
  • DTM 2013 - 2016 - Added default gear ratios for Daytona
  • DTM 92 car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Formula RaceRoom 3 - Improved AI behaviour
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Improved default car setup
  • Group 5 car class - Updated physics
  • GTO car class - Improved AI behaviour, added default gear ratios for Daytona, fixed an error with AI’s handling of the Audi 90 gear ratios. Updated drivetrain oscillation effects, differential behaviour and baulktorque values.
  • Hillclimb Icons - Updated default gear ratios
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Endurance spec version now received a wider range of spring settings, dampers and ride height adjustments
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Fixed cockpit cameras that were off center
  • Porsche 962C - Retrieved dumpvalve sounds on gearshifts in cockpit cameras after popular request
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed default final drive for Knutstorp that was way too long, improved AI behaviour
  • Touring Classics car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Daytona Moto and Road Course - Limited AI tendency to sometimes hit the tyres in turn 1 of the first lap
  • Sepang North - Fixed a wrong cut track penalty triggered while entering pitlane

In case you missed it, Sector3 have also recently deployed booth the Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR, you can read all about these two new pieces of content here.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E Update 1.jpg

Here are your settings mate... Ok file too large, but in edit assignment all the way down there is keys for triple screen camera edits.. this will tilt your view
Just check that settings name in game , its called "shift display up/down" that is for when your eyes dont line up with the center of the screen and it basically shifts the whole picture up . If i use that i get a bent image because it thinks my eyes dont line up correctly with my displays . I need to tilt the image , not shift it to my eye level , my eyes are already aligned to the center of my screen .
Just give us triple users seat tilt and i will be able to play again ! After all this is a Sim , we should have the sim options ;)

• Deleted member 197115

And why not DX12? Didn't ACC show some performance boost in DX12 mode?
My experience with recent titles supporting both renderer is that DX12 has visual and performance edge.

Just check that settings name in game , its called "shift display up/down" that is for when your eyes dont line up with the center of the screen and it basically shifts the whole picture up . If i use that i get a bent image because it thinks my eyes dont line up correctly with my displays . I need to tilt the image , not shift it to my eye level , my eyes are already aligned to the center of my screen .
Just give us triple users seat tilt and i will be able to play again ! After all this is a Sim , we should have the sim options ;)
Try it, to me it looks more like a tilt than up and down but I could be wrong

And why not DX12? Didn't ACC show some performance boost in DX12 mode?
My experience with recent titles supporting both renderer is that DX12 has visual and performance edge.

I believe the DX12 performance improvements in ACC are because some of the shaders/processes are not supported by DX12 and so you are effectively disabling some options.

I think the graphics in R3E are pretty good and with an I5-9600K and 1080Ti performance is very good on my Index (forcing reprojection and using 40/80 FPS). Having said that any improvements would be nice but I'd be more keen on more detail in the road meshes rather than anything else. I think R3E FFB matches up to any other sim but most tracks have fairly lifeless smooth surfaces. AMS1 and AMS2 show that you don't need laser scanning to have characterful track surfaces

Every game I have that has Vulcan as an option runs better than it does with DX 11/12. Whether it could be shoe-horned into the current R3E engine is a different matter though.
it would be new engine , so unlikely, but you could port/update R3E assets into new engine

but yeha, to really take advantage of new eingine, assets should be done differently, such as using small detail maps, rather then bigger textures, so it's probably not viable for sector3 to do this

To be perfectly honest, despite what S3 have bandied about in the past, I think the only realistic option for this kind of overhaul is R3E 2. I just can't see them trying to port everything into a new engine, with all the incompatibilities and other issues that would bring. Better to just start from scratch and play to the engine's individual methods and strengths.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 224 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%