RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Live

Goffik

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Just had a blast, the difference is Raceroom is the tyres seem to need a few laps to come to life as such. Having never driven on any type of race tyre I don't know if this is how it is IRL?
Yes it is. If a sim is giving you perfect tyres from the pits in a class which doesn't have tyre warmers, they're doing it wrong. All tyres are made to work at an optimum temperature, even regular road tyres.

Ez Robson

100RPM
Aug 21, 2015
I used to love R3E then one of the FFB updates last year not the December one but one before then completely has ruined it for me for whatever reason I can never get the cars to turn in any sort of corner with speed I always have to turn the wheel like 3x as much as what I should have to checked all steering rotations and speed sensitive steering does nothing keep going back each couple of updates but no luck :unsure:

Nov 26, 2017
I can't drive R3E with my triple setup mate :( I need to be able to adjust the seat tilt because some cars when I have the seat in position all I can see is roof and if I lower seat to get proper amount of windscreen all I have is half a screen of dash! Can you please make the seat tilt work for triple users? All my R3E content (money I've spent) is wasted until you do! It works in single screen but not triples and it obviously can work because it is possible to change file numbers to get the tilt to work but it's very hard to do for all cars!
How does it not work with triple screens, what's the issue?

Reactions: Keith_G

groove200

75RPM
Premium
Dec 21, 2019
I think RR is in a real purple patch right now ..... frequent updates , new content it’s just ticking all the boxes for me . Coupled with some great RD races in the GTR4 series I can’t put it down ( and I’ve got VR working well enough that I’m seeing my lap times fall ) .

azaralamouri

100RPM
Jun 1, 2018
The reason R3E is one of the least favorite (maybe after older sims like iRacing) in Racedepartment polls is certainly not the lack of the cars or liveries printed and copied and are out offered to sell. Maybe something else?

Hints?

Physic..
Driving fee..
Tyre mode..
Damage mode..
Rai..
Modern graphic..
Or?????????

R3E2.....?????

M D Gourley

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble but why would Sector 3 use an engine that is created by a team that also used to make up Simbin?!
LOL :)...no bubble bursted sir...I was only joking....I thought all the emoji's might have given that idea ;):confused::rolleyes::redface::cool:...but it would be great though :confused::roflmao:

M D Gourley

1000RPM
Premium
Sep 17, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble but why would Sector 3 use an engine that is created by a team that also used to make up Simbin?! look into what happened when they split and created Sector 3 and Slightly Mad and you will see it wasnt a peaceful split at all. Plus SMS now owned by Codemasters you will end up with Codemasters taking credit for any game created on the SMS engine as they were doing last week on twitter with AMS2.
LOL...no bubble bursted sir ;)...was just joking....though I thought all the emoji's might have conveyed that ;):redface::rolleyes::confused::).
...although I did not know about Codemasters taking credit for any game created on the SMS engine...that's sad indeed:(

• Haha
Reactions: Oldzeb

azaralamouri

100RPM
Jun 1, 2018
Seems like outside RD polls it's gaining quite a popularity, being at the top of others, except AC elephant of course

View attachment 374824

So R3E is the one next to 1k and rF2 is the one close to 0k?

If yes, then I can't say numbers lie.

Life isn't fair towards the developer who gives you weekly road map in my opinion.

Martin Fiala

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
Is there a benefit to DX 11 other than amount of stress on resources?
Well, if you need less resources to run the game, you also free some of them for other things that may currently not be possible because they would drag the performance down too much.

And no, contrary to what some people will tell you, graphics would not magically improve just by switching to DX11.

Oct 19, 2017
Is there a benefit to DX 11 other than amount of stress on resources?
Does AI improve?
Do physics improve?
Do the amount of competitors increase?
It's so annoying (not your question) to read about the DX11 thing all the time. There is practically no difference at the start, it may even degress some things. It would bring more versatility for the developer, of course, but it will not be the holy grail, like people always expect in these threads...

And no, contrary to what some people will tell you, graphics would not magically improve just by switching to DX11.
CORRECT!(!!)

Also it will not magically improve performance or CPU usage, without also using the tools given and this will take time. It could even cause assets and certain areas of the game to not work properly anymore.

I can LITERALLY see the moaning in front of my eyes, if the step to a newer technology is done and things are not working as polished, as we knew it by R3E, anymore.

Expectation in something like a new engine or DX11 are WAY too high.

I just remind you guys about something like old "shiny" rF2 content, that isn't optimized for DX11.

Last edited: