RaceRoom Racing Experience | Motoland Aragón Now Available

Rodger Davies

100RPM
Apr 17, 2011
The dedicated server allows up to 32 players. I don't know if it's the same offline.
Thanks

(Very slightly) disappointed to see that there's no config that allows the 'full' back straight to be used (no chicane but still using the hairpin) - feels that would be perfect for GTs/sportscars.

Not S3's fault mind, doesn't appear to be an official config of the circuit: https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/spain/motorland-aragon.html - all official ones from here are included.

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
Thanks

(Very slightly) disappointed to see that there's no config that allows the 'full' back straight to be used (no chicane but still using the hairpin) - feels that would be perfect for GTs/sportscars.

Not S3's fault mind, doesn't appear to be an official config of the circuit: https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/spain/motorland-aragon.html - all official ones from here are included.
There is a layout using the full back straight, just without the hairpin:

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
I had, but only seen a couple of events there - seems quite dull for real racing, but sims have taught me that circuits with dull racing/scenery in real life can be a lot of fun to drive (looking at you, Hungaroring and Paul Ricard) .

Nice preview of the full circuit here:

Does anyone know how many pitboxes it has please?
Nice, thanks for the video, gives Laguna Seca vibe, lots of similarities.

Reactions: Rodger Davies
Jun 19, 2009
I must say that since I bought a Fanatec wheel/pedals combo, I'm having a hard time playing R3E. When I just barely touch the brake pedal, my wheels just lock up immediately. For some reason, the pedals are incredibly sensitive with a Fanatec system.
Try increasing the brake force on your wheel, default is 50, I run 70-75

Reactions: michelforest

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
That’s why I like Raceroom. It offers tracks unavailable elsewhere, along with the better-known tracks like Spa, Monza, etc.
It's the "AMS syndrome" - offer original content you can't get anywhere else, and people will complain the cars and tracks are not familiar enough.

(So it's great Reiza or S3 are still doing it regardless.)

BernL

100RPM
Sep 3, 2014
Looking at the teaser pictures, this version of Motorland Aragon looks a bit too smooth and 'perfect' compared to real racing I've watched at the track some years ago and a couple of free quality rF1 track mod versions I tried with satisfaction almost a decade ago. But admit I'm not fully updated whether the real track and surroundings are just as 'smooth' today.
I dropped R3E some years ago due to my impression of 'too perfect track surface', but reconsidered to join again, but these pics speaks against my willingness.
100 % agree.......track surface way to smooth.

Reactions: SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP

100RPM
Jan 10, 2018
100 % agree.......track surface way to smooth.
that's a common trait of all r3e tracks..luckly I can simulate road effects through the buttkicker, because even on a dd wheel the road in r3e feels flat as a table..I always wondered why not placing even some "fake" details, if the track is not laser scanned, at least to make it feel a little more alive..

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
I always wondered why not placing even some "fake" details, if the track is not laser scanned, at least to make it feel a little more alive..
You can add some fake forces yourself. I did that myself to remove the "dead" feeling whenever I'm on a straight.

Reactions: SuperMonacoGP

Phil Rose

100RPM
Jun 22, 2009
Loving the flow of this track. It is good fun in the WTCR cars, I'm sure there will be some great racing there when they visit the track soon.

Tombprince

75RPM
Jan 19, 2019
Sometimes, I think there are posters around here that have bots programmed to detect happiness in a thread so they can be immediately alerted.
You joke but bots/trolls are surprisingly very common within the gaming community go read up on steam review bombs or the history of the fake gamergate scandal from a few years back for example hell just recently a youtuber who covered project cars 3 recently received death threats it's sickening how vulnerable people can be manipulated to outrage

Last edited: