RaceRoom Racing Experience | Motoland Aragón Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have released a new track to their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation - today adding the Spanish Motorland Aragón track as DLC.

The new circuit is available now for around £4.49 and comes in five unique configurations - Grand Prix, Motocycle GP, National, Motocycle National, and Fast Circuit.

r3e aragon 4.jpg
r3e aragon 3.jpg

About the Circuit:

The Ciudad del Motor de Aragón, also known as Motorland Aragón, is a 5.345 km long race track located in Alcañiz, Spain. Designed by Hermann Tilke in collaboration with Spanish former Formula 1 driver Pedro de la Rosa, the circuit has hosted many MotoGP as well as various Formula car races and joined the FIA WTCR calendar in 2020.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively for PC.

If you need some advice on certain aspects of the sim, or have some knowledge to share, get yourself over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a new post today!

r3e aragon 2.jpg

Shown a few absolutely unspectacular pictures of a mostly unknown boring track and everybody shouts: Great, awesome, brilliant. :roflmao:
Each to their own mate. Just because you may not have heard of it doesn't meant we haven't, and just because you find it boring doesn't mean we do. Live and let live.

Like Rodger said above, one of R3E's strengths (for me) is the fact it does bring somewhat unknown tracks to sim racing. Some of my favourite tracks to race on right now are ones I only discovered in this sim, having never heard of or raced on them before.

• Deleted member 197115

Serious question, how many have heard of that track before? For real.

EDIT: Googling shows that it's used primarily for motor bikes, no wonder many not in biking haven't heard of it.

ams has dx11? first time hearing about this
You are correct AMS is dx9.
It can still be done none the less and the sector3 developers actually made a statement several yrs ago that they were looking to implement dx11 before moving to the new engine after the vapour ware of GTR3 was released.

Personally I'd like to hear what there plans are in that regard.

Last edited:
You are correct AMS is dx9.
It can still be done none the less and the sector3 developers actually made a statement several yrs ago that they were looking to implement dx11 before moving to the new engine after the vapour ware of GTR3 was released.
Personally I'd like to hear what there plans are in that regard.
Based on ACC if the planned engine choice remains as Unreal I’ll be happy to stick with DX9 (which outperforms ACC and rFactor2 in VR). Both ACC and rFactor2 have abysmal shadow pop in which is really distracting plus ACC’s constantly changing vegetation LOD

Both ACC and rFactor2 have abysmal shadow pop in which is really distracting plus ACC’s constantly changing vegetation LOD
Totally agree.
Something I've thought about since this title released, that I would have loved to seen instead of the route they went....was do what Reiza did with the rf1 engine and remaster the Race07 engine, add dx11, current audio and some updated shaders.

Me, because it's a MotoGP track and was slated for WTCR 2020, which is probably what brought it to R3E. Didn't know it was used by the Renaults too, but I've never really watched that series.

As an aside, everyone please stay on topic. We're not going back to making every release thread about DX[Whatever], ok? Start a new thread if you want to express your desires to S3 and discuss it's viability, but this is not the place.

Me, because it's a MotoGP track and was slated for WTCR 2020, which is probably what brought it to R3E. Didn't know it was used by the Renaults too, but I've never really watched that series.

As an aside, everyone please stay on topic. We're not going back to making every release thread about DX[Whatever], ok? Start a new thread if you want to express your desires to S3 and discuss it's viability, but this is not the place.
Ouch!!!

Will buy it, as Raceroom tracks are always very well made. Hopefully, this will also give some money to Sector 3 to finance the jump to DX11. :D

I must say that since I bought a Fanatec wheel/pedals combo, I'm having a hard time playing R3E. When I just barely touch the brake pedal, my wheels just lock up immediately. For some reason, the pedals are incredibly sensitive with a Fanatec system.

EDIT: Googling shows that it's used primarily for motor bikes, no wonder many not in biking haven't heard of it.
I discovered this track when it was inaugurated in 2009.
The news was mentioned in several motorsport websites and I remember some manufacturers/teams published testing pictures and videos (Renault among others).

The track activity has been quite discrete since then, except a few race events reports and car testing in the news, it was mostly busy with motorcycle events.
It's very appreciated by the drivers and teams though, especially for its testing capacities (endurance, gt etc).

I'm sure you'll enjoy Aragon thanks to the spectacular layouts and landscapes.
Racing there is like driving in a car advertisement scenery :D

I had, but only seen a couple of events there - seems quite dull for real racing, but sims have taught me that circuits with dull racing/scenery in real life can be a lot of fun to drive (looking at you, Hungaroring and Paul Ricard) .

Nice preview of the full circuit here:

Does anyone know how many pitboxes it has please?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back