RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend Coming Up!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Free Weekend 2 .jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 3.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 4.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 5.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 6.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 7.jpg
The RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation from Sector3 Studios will be free to play in its entirety all weekend long - try it out and join in our awesome GT3 club event!

Yes you heard it right, all 120+ cars, 40+ tracks and championships such as the German DTM series, FIA World Touring Cars, ADAC GT Masters and a massive selection of GT3 machines will be made available to everyone for free this coming weekend, presenting two whole days where players have the opportunity to sample anything and everything the PC exclusive racing simulation has to offer...

RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend 1.jpg

Running the weekend of 24th - 25th March, this limited time full access to RaceRoom Racing Experience is a great opportunity to see how the content you don't already own feels in sim, and what's more we have a pretty epic GT3 club race here in the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club that you might like to give a try, and see what this game feels like played as it's supposed to be played - in a safe and clean online racing environment.

You can sign up for Sunday's GT3 club event at Mantorp Park HERE.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios. Available to download with a limited car and track selection for free, gamers can purchase additional content such as the DTM or World Touring Car Championship DLC for an additional cost.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go have some fun and tell us what you think of the sim...

Last edited:
I would. But no vr:cry:

Was this a reply to someone saying you don't have VR gear yourself, or a statement that R3E doesn't support VR? R3E absolutely does support VR... I use it myself three times per week. :O_o:

You can try out all the cars against AI in single player, or be more selective in your MP racing endeavors.

Indeed, such as the GTR 3 race here at RD tomorrow evening. Nobody will be driving the wrong way or deliberately trying to ruin other people's enjoyment. It'll be clean, friendly racing all the way, because that's how we roll in the R3E club. :thumbsup:

Well that bit of marketing worked on me, tried a bunch of the nine courses I dont have and a few of the cars, realized that the 9 tracks would only be a few dollars short of getting the Premium Pack. $35.00 later and I have everything, they can stop the free weekend now. Although I am sure I had more than 51% of content, I think the liveries get a bit of a mark up when they calculate how much you have.
$65.00 would get you everything if starting from scratch. I'd always thought of R3E as expensive, but that price for all content is pretty good value.

$65.00 would get you everything if starting from scratch. I'd always thought of R3E as expensive, but that price for all content is pretty good value.

Its good value if you buy the back catalogue in a pack. But once you've bought it and they bring out a new track or a new Porsche its quite a bit more than AC or pCARs2. Still, as always you don't have to buy them.

Well, it took about seven hours to download.

Physics seem believable. The cars seem to be set up with a lot of understeer by default, but that's quickly rectified. My only gripes are the lack of ABS and tire pressure settings, no flat-spotting, and the very simplistic form of dynamic track.

Do the tires at least increase significantly in wear if they're locked up too much? I haven't tested enough to tell.

I think I'll buy a few cars and tracks -- mainly ones I don't have in other sims.

I enjoyed the opportunity to try cars extensively in various environments instead of the test in Raceroom raceway (which I don't find always helpful for all types of car)
I could precise much more my though on cars I wasn't sure about:
So this time I digged much more the BMW M1 procar and the GT3 Mustang.

Good idea from S3 for those who want to taste the game in its whole dimension, or -in my case- specific cars/tracks.

Remember that you can also attend most of the competition races in the game without owning the specific content, so that's also a way of trying out the cars on a different track than Raceroom Raceway.

I spent sometime with it but I couldn't dial out enough of the understeer.
I can't really do setups very well but even after downloading a few setups I still couldn't get the car where I wanted it.
In the end I decided against any purchase as I know it wouldn't get the attention.

I can't really do setups very well but even after downloading a few setups I still couldn't get the car where I wanted it.
In the end I decided against any purchase as I know it wouldn't get the attention.

It's not just roll bars, camber, toe, and springs.

You can adjust how much slip there is with each step of TC. Set the lowest level around 15. Differential power and coast can also make a big difference.

Tried a few that I did not have....really liked the new Porsche GT3 R at Imola ( nice job on that track), found the Cup a bit dull there compared, but might be it better at a smaller track. I tried Zuhai, which I liked....the Cayman GT4 was fun there ( wont buy until they get some more liveries), but was really surprised how much I liked the M235i Racing at Zuhai. That was a nice combo. Great sound on that car.
Then I tried the X-7 at Silverstone ( great job on the track!)...what a rocket. My old brain cant keep up with most F1 cars and this one is a ripper, so I suck...but it was a lot of fun. One of the best modern F1 car sims around I think. With AI turned down to 90 , I managed to get a couple of purple sectors, so there is hope. That is a wicked combo. Thanks S3 for the free fun.....it will certainly have me getting out the Paypal wallet on the next sale.

Tried the Porsche Cup Car and it has done nothing to improve my feelings for R3E.
And the sound for that car is horrific, nothing like I'd expect from R3E!!

(
The sound of the Porsche GT3R and Cup are temporary, for some reasons the recordings didn't bring the expected results, so we need to record the cars again, hopefully soon during the season ;)

Yep this 'try out everything for free' worked also very good for me. I ended up with buying the Premium pack.

I already had a lot of fun during the first hours of exploring this great race sim. Very good physics, ffb and handling and in combination with a motion sim -NLR v3- and VR this is so addictive.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test all the content. That was the last push I needed to buy it for only €65.

Happy racing and see you on (virtual) track

It's not just roll bars, camber, toe, and springs.

You can adjust how much slip there is with each step of TC. Set the lowest level around 15. Differential power and coast can also make a big difference.

Yes I tried changing the diff but couldn't really feel what was changing so usually just ended up back to default.
I did enjoy the Porsche GT3 at Brands, if I hadn't already got most sims I'd take a punt.

Just in case, there is a good post by UFO4U in the R3E Setup section, where you can download his attached file. This text file gives the necessary informations in a simple way, very efficient,
it worked well for my understeer issues.

The sound of the Porsche GT3R and Cup are temporary, for some reasons the recordings didn't bring the expected results, so we need to record the cars again, hopefully soon during the season ;)

Well, the GT3R is not bad actually and personally I like the way it is. The Cup is the one that sucks a bit.
Good to hear you're doing something about it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back