RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend Coming Up!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Free Weekend 2 .jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 3.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 4.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 5.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 6.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 7.jpg
The RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation from Sector3 Studios will be free to play in its entirety all weekend long - try it out and join in our awesome GT3 club event!

Yes you heard it right, all 120+ cars, 40+ tracks and championships such as the German DTM series, FIA World Touring Cars, ADAC GT Masters and a massive selection of GT3 machines will be made available to everyone for free this coming weekend, presenting two whole days where players have the opportunity to sample anything and everything the PC exclusive racing simulation has to offer...

RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend 1.jpg

Running the weekend of 24th - 25th March, this limited time full access to RaceRoom Racing Experience is a great opportunity to see how the content you don't already own feels in sim, and what's more we have a pretty epic GT3 club race here in the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club that you might like to give a try, and see what this game feels like played as it's supposed to be played - in a safe and clean online racing environment.

You can sign up for Sunday's GT3 club event at Mantorp Park HERE.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios. Available to download with a limited car and track selection for free, gamers can purchase additional content such as the DTM or World Touring Car Championship DLC for an additional cost.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go have some fun and tell us what you think of the sim...

Last edited:
I tried the '92 BMW DTM and the 235i along with a few others, but the two BMW's were so much fun to race and the FFB feel is awesome. I won't pretend to know what I am talking about with physics, or whatever makes the sim feel the way that it does but R3E has become the only sim I use and it really puts me through my paces with the Fanatec gear.

Ok I'm going to admit I hadn't given a fair chance yesterday. Went back and had a look at FFB settings. Made some changes and though I can't get the general feel I like, I've got working much better and there are some nice details that iRacing is missing.

I tested the Porsches (Cup car still sounds crap!!), DTM 2016, GTR3's and Audi r18. Various tracks including Norisring, Silverstone, Bathurst and Nurburgring GP (I already own all but Silverstone) for comparison.

R3E has come a long way and has many plus points. I feel the sound is gr8, especially the tires squeeling and chattering which I think is better than any other sim. FFB does have some nice detail, once again especially when the brakes are locking etc.

VR isn't all that smooth for me, this is probably because my CPU is possibly holding it back, as my GTX 1080 would I'm sure do the business if it wasn't!!

Track and cars look good, gr8 to have full series like ADAC, DTM and WTCC.

The one thing that does bother me and would stop me from using it more is the physics! I can't quite put a finger on the problem for me. The cars don't feel involving enough and the feel when changing direction just feels wrong. Say the Porsche at Silverstone, going through Maggots and Beckets, it just wanders all over the place!! And sometimes when a car brakes traction at the rear, the spin almost feels "canned" like the old GP2/3 games of Geoff Crammonds!

I am enjoying trying out the content and I'll play it more during this weekend :).

In my opinion, if a lot of time is put into most any of the top sims they can all feel very good. But, then switching to another sim sometime it's hard to get the same feeling - many times they feel off. This of course is only if your equipment is working correctly on the sim in question. I tend to spread my time between the various sims but once in a while I'll focus on one in particular. For me, going to another sim (AC then to anything else, rF2 then to anything else, R3E then to anything else, PC2 then to anything else... requires me to tweak settings and build a feel/muscle memory before I can fully enjoy the new sim. With that said, if I take a break without playing any racing sim for a period of time (switch to my flight sim) then return I gravitate to rF2 (best feel and AI). rF2 isn't my favorite sim "game" - I'm only talking how the sim "simulates" racing a car. I enjoy R3E, and appreciate the time and effort the devs are putting into this sim which is a must have in everyone's library.
My $.02

Great idea but did Sector 3 thought about the trolls that came along with the free offers, especially those who frequent Nordschleife. In one practice session, I got rear-ended four times in less than an hour; in another, I encountered six cars that drove on the wrong side of the track. In both incidents, there was no way I could have them removed

• Deleted member 197115

Gave it an honest try, second since I've tried it a year or so ago.
Could be settings but even after tinkering with all those steering sensitivity sliders, couldn't make steering wheel match virtual.
FFB while was rich on all those extra shiny effects (distracting at times), felt quite disconnected from the physics as if there is some huge lag between steering input and reaction from the car. Couldn't make it feel right either.
Got brushed and bumped by AI during practice for no apparent reason (PCars2 deja vu)
Used Audi TT Cup on Brands Hatch, switching back and forth between R3E and AC.
As far as pure driving goes, I didn't find it offering anything over AC, in fact that part was quite weak in comparison, good sound, graphics is on par with AC, except some minor judder of opponent cars that I've observed.
Perhaps a good title to have in the library for a variety, if you have enough time to share between multiple.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first time on RR this weekend, seem to have FFB dialled in ok now, still a bit of tweaking needed but getting there. Ai seems pretty good, I’ve couple of questions for the regulars though:

Is there anyway of seeing my TC settings in car? Like to keep this low to off but can’t really see what is is set on and feels a bit intrusive at times.

What are the best cars? I know this highly personal but interested to see where people think this game really shines so I can make sure I try em before the weekends up.

Is there anyway of seeing my TC settings in car? Like to keep this low to off but can’t really see what is is set on and feels a bit intrusive at times.

What are the best cars? I know this highly personal but interested to see where people think this game really shines so I can make sure I try em before the weekends up.
about tc, u can find it in car settings
97e6f8e32b78a2f40af4942a8f620088.png

i believe u always start with preset 1

about cars: nsu, m1 :inlove:, dtm 92, silhouette, group 5, gto, touring classics, i used to love pre change wtccs, not much now, p1 or hillclimb stuff seems fun too; gt3 is super popular, especially those new cars in the pack, audi, porsche, corvette and amg

Great idea but did Sector 3 thought about the trolls that came along with the free offers, especially those who frequent Nordschleife. In one practice session, I got rear-ended four times in less than an hour; in another, I encountered six cars that drove on the wrong side of the track. In both incidents, there was no way I could have them removed

Are you really putting blame on S3 for the bad driving in mp on a free weekend?
When you a have a solution, please feel free to post it as I am sure every dev and league organizer would love to know the solution to bad drivers lol

If the lobby is set up properly people driving the wrong way should be ghosted.

Braking traction is always "canned". The Kunos guys themselves said there are no data available for that, so it's always guesswork. Some developers are just better at faking it than others.

I think many people would be surprised how much guess work goes into these titles as there are many areas where there's simply no data/tech currently available.

VR was a massive step in immersion, I feel some type of hydrolic ffb brake tech would be another great step.....many pro drivers with the best current pedals even say the braking in all sims is just not there when it comes to pedal feedback.

Are you really putting blame on S3 for the bad driving in mp on a free weekend?
When you a have a solution, please feel free to post it as I am sure every dev and league organizer would love to know the solution to bad drivers lol
I'm not putting any blame on anybody, I observed that most of these trolls like to drive at the Nordschleife given the abusive nature that went on at the pub servers (users insulting each other). I also felt there was nothing that could be done with the offenders. When I tried to trace the culprit, I couldn't as for a new user, it was tricky to navigate around (or replays if there's any).

I wished it could do what AC does that allowed other users to vote to kick offending users off. I think they should deal with repeat offenders in a way iRacing dealt with Scott Speed.

If the lobby is set up properly people driving the wrong way should be ghosted.
First few, yes though I managed to avoid one but not at the last one (at the Antoniusbuche) and it ruined my lap (it left my car undrivable). I couldn't get a replay either as unlike the single-player mode, there is none. Presumably, it doesn't record your driving.

allowed other users to vote to kick offending users off.

That would be a nice feature for sure as many racing titles have that feature.

Only thing I hate about that option is that many slow drivers will gang up an vote out higher ranked/skilled players.

Im no alien by any means but ive had it happened to me many times in PC2 and back in my forza days where I would join and get kicked instantly due to my ranking.

Its great to see the servers being populated but usually free weekend promotions bring in all walks of life.

I did some Raceroom racing today. I'd say it's a beautiful game with kickass sounds! :thumbsup: Physics are great, I love the WTCC cars cause you can really feel the FWD. If I compare to Assetto Corsa, turning into tight corners feels a bit weird. It takes lot more effort.

I'm downloading now; it should be done in about six hours. Living in a rural area has its drawbacks. :(

What's the story? Is it to be continually improved for the long term, or will they eventually dump it if GTR3 comes out?

What's the story? Is it to be continually improved for the long term, or will they eventually dump it if GTR3 comes out?
GTR3 has little to do with Raceroom as it is technically being developed by a different developer, they're just sharing some resources/people. Raceroom is here to stay and is planned to adopt the Unreal Engine sometime after GTR3 comes out (as it should be based on it).

A free weekend doesnt mean you need to immediately jump into the first MP lobby with GT3 cars you see that is going to be guaranteed carnage for half the field.

You can try out all the cars against AI in single player, or be more selective in your MP racing endeavors.

And this isnt the first free weekend in RR. It comes with the territory of letting everyone use all the content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back