RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend Coming Up!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Free Weekend 2 .jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 3.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 4.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 5.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 6.jpg RaceRoom Free Weekend 7.jpg
The RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation from Sector3 Studios will be free to play in its entirety all weekend long - try it out and join in our awesome GT3 club event!

Yes you heard it right, all 120+ cars, 40+ tracks and championships such as the German DTM series, FIA World Touring Cars, ADAC GT Masters and a massive selection of GT3 machines will be made available to everyone for free this coming weekend, presenting two whole days where players have the opportunity to sample anything and everything the PC exclusive racing simulation has to offer...

RaceRoom Racing Experience Free Weekend 1.jpg

Running the weekend of 24th - 25th March, this limited time full access to RaceRoom Racing Experience is a great opportunity to see how the content you don't already own feels in sim, and what's more we have a pretty epic GT3 club race here in the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club that you might like to give a try, and see what this game feels like played as it's supposed to be played - in a safe and clean online racing environment.

You can sign up for Sunday's GT3 club event at Mantorp Park HERE.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios. Available to download with a limited car and track selection for free, gamers can purchase additional content such as the DTM or World Touring Car Championship DLC for an additional cost.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go have some fun and tell us what you think of the sim...

Last edited:
Tried the Porsche Cup Car and it has done nothing to improve my feelings for R3E.

I love the Porsche in iRacing and AC, yet this feels, so unrewarding to drive :-(. FFB just doesn't translate the track surface or the cars behaviour to me and the car understeers even more than the other sims!! And the sound for that car is horrific, nothing like I'd expect from R3E!!

I'll look into FFB settings and try other cars this weekend, if I get the urge, but it has severly dented my interest!! I've never got along with R3E for some reason :-(

I managed to test a lot of cars in Nords.
This sim is massively improved. I specifically like the transmission model. Also suspension seems fine.
I really enjouyed the Chevrolet Corvette Greenwood 197 Group 5 , the Chevrolet Daytona Prototype , the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport and the KTM X-Bow RR.
FFB is not bad.
BUT
I feel that tyres lack depth.Jumping back to AC you can tell that immediately.

Bad graphics, good sounds (still sounding a little bit compressed ).

All in all, i can't say that excells in some department, actually you can always find a better sim.
If you have huge amount of free time, yeah why not?
If not, play something else.

The history and business model has been discussed many times, it is what it is, so let's just enjoy this weekend.
I get what you're saying.. and will definitely enjoy playing the content i don't own over the weekend... but...

I have to once again take exception to R3E's pricing model.. I have always been supportive of this game and bought most of the stuff under the old pricing model.. then they introduced the new 'packs' and I purchased the premium pack which was discounted depending on the content i already owned.. perfect.. I had spent nearly $200AUD on content but was OK because I loved this game.. This was just before they released the XBOW... you can see how much content has been released since then..

Now if i want to buy any content I don't have.. i have to pay full price.. If I was to catch up on content this would be another $60AUD on top of what i've already spent.. It's a bit silly really.. The premium pack (minus owned content) is no longer available as an option to purchase but the pro pack is (i could get a few new cars for a few bucks)... but surely you get what i'm saying... The Premium pack should maybe be considered as a season pass of sorts... I think the content is mostly quality but it's not like these tracks are laser scanned... tracks like bathurst are left seriously wanting.. Also the rear view mirror gfx are appalling...

People whinge and whinge about how expensive iRacing is... this game is not too far behind.. iRacing isn't a game in the same way this is a game and can't be compared i know but at least they give me 20% off everything now up front... I just feel this pricing model that Sector3 have implemented could potentially alienate some of their customers... like me...!

I have to once again take exception to R3E's pricing model.
I just feel this pricing model that Sector3 have implemented could potentially alienate some of their customers... like me...
The reason I mention history is that S3 did not implement the pricing model, they are the developers, the finances are controlled by KW Automotive, indeed they didn't exist until 2015.
Many have made comparisons with other games pricing, the iRacing one is often cited, imo unfairly as I will always own and have access to the content I've bought.
Why is it every news thread involving R3E repeats the pricing model debate. I understand that some are not happy with it but it's great that we have such a wide choice of games to choose from.
Finally, I'm a cheapskate ask anyone, but when I compare what I pay for a track or car against the time spent enjoying it even I think it's a bargain:)

Well, rrre is running on very old (pre rfactor) physics engine.
Every sim on the market has better physics, sorry guys :)
You couldn't be any more incorrect if you tried.

R3E physics were based on isimotor 2 AKA rFactor etc - until SimBin/Sector 3 reworked what ISI made. 20% of the original ISI code remains.

Watch this 3 year old interview with Jay Ekkel (now at rFactor Pro) with the SimPit where Jay states what I posted above.

Typical that I'm away from my PC for Sunday and this happens!! Oh well I spent two hours this morning having a right blast and it's a top notch sim. The '13 Civic is still an absolute tail happy b'stard though!! Finally the cars have 180degress wheel animation left and right, but not the modern DTMs? does anyone know why? Scandinavian tracks are a blast, recognised one from GTR2 (Anderstorp I think) such fun. Seriously thinking of getting the full pack but worried what sjb266said above, I have quite a bit of content already surely that will be taken into account?

Seriously thinking of getting the full pack but worried what sjb266said above, I have quite a bit of content already surely that will be taken into account?
Firstly let me direct you to this thread it's the best advice on how to get content as cheaply as possible.
Yes any content you own is discounted against any of the packs etc. So you are not paying for anything twice. Also worth remembering, if you buy 1 GT3 car with 1 skin you can race against every other one in that class in either SP or MP, same goes for every other group.
If you played Race 07 (I still do for my Toca fix) you'll recognise tracks from STCC.

Finally the cars have 180degress wheel animation left and right, but not the modern DTMs? does anyone know why?
They've been updating the driver animations but some still need to be done. S3 no longer have the DTM license so I'm guessing they're not a priority right now. They'll get done eventually though I would think.

Also, FYI, I think the `13 Civic is still on an older version of the physics. Not there's necessarily anything wrong with it as such, but you might want to try the later versions. (which are also tail-happy b'tards!) :D

Also, FYI, I think the `13 Civic is still on an older version of the physics. Not there's necessarily anything wrong with it as such, but you might want to try the later versions. (which are also tail-happy b'tards!) :D
and whats next? u tell him to try audi tt? :D:p you sadist

how to achieve happiness in 2 easy steps:
1. pick nsu
2. choose any swedish track :coffee: (preferably falkenberg)

Last edited:
Sorry,but to compare it to other Sims such as AC and AMS is a bit ridiculous,They are pretty much the finished article and RRE is still very much in development and improving with each update,lets face it as yet there's not a "perfect" sim out there.It's free for couple of days enjoy it (or not:D).
I've been with AC,RRE and AMS from their births,I'm enjoying being part of the development process,It's been a very interesting and at times a painful journey,but a good one :thumbsup:.
I'm also excited to see what the future holds,There are some very talented Devs out there from various camps bringing us great things,and I for one can't wait to see what's next from all of them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%