RaceRoom Racing Experience: Free weekend coming up

5ad5ec8fcd0575b24fb95c61d153929f.png

Sector 3 Studios is running a Free weekend in their simracing title RaceRoom Racing Experience this weekend.

This Weekend all content in the game will be unlocked for you to use in any game mode you want!
From Friday 26/06/2015, 18:00 (CEST) until Sunday 28/06/2015, 18:00 (CEST), you will be able to take any of our cars out on a ride in Singleplayer and even Multiplayer Mode, or check out some of the tracks you don´t own yet.

And if you haven´t tried R3E in a while, now is your chance to see what you have missed!

Make sure you grab this oppotunity to sign up for some of our club races this weekend;
R3E Racing Club & Leagues

Last edited:
What are the best cars to try out for this weekend?
I already have ADAC 2014 and DTM 92 but any car/track suggestions are appreciated
ADAC 14 and DTM 92 are among the best cars already, if you wanna add to that roster these are some great series;
GTR2 as mentioned, awesome cars
Group 5, warning, these are more than a handful!
WTCC 13 and 14, not the most exciting cars to drive alone on track, but they offer such great racing!
The Radicals are good fun
Both the M1 Procar and the Audi 90 Quattro GTO classic are much fun to throw around a track, drive very differently to most other cars in the sim, especially the Audi with its 4WD and insane turbo lag.

After PC released this game is not taste for me, AC have too low surface grip, this have a very strange FFB, steering is not so sharp as it is in PC. Otherwice game is pretty good, graphics is sharp, Macau was very good, thanks! It seems that I own all add-on content atm, hope this is true also after this weekend (earlier I had everything else but not Macau so it should :)

Is there any new good and realistic FFB setups available for G27?

After PC released this game is not taste for me, AC have too low surface grip, this have a very strange FFB, steering is not so sharp as it is in PC. Otherwice game is pretty good, graphics is sharp, Macau was very good, thanks! It seems that I own all add-on content atm, hope this is true also after this weekend (earlier I had everything else but not Macau so it should :)

Is there any new good and realistic FFB setups available for G27?
These settings are near perfect.

FFB is much better now but steering is still very weird, must check G27 FFB file and compare it to old one, the middle area of steering is so weird, it's not as linear it should, Dead Zone is 0 but it feels that there's more. Still must say that difference between earlier version and this is huge, thanks Sector 3 Studious!!!

Ps. This sim is not so bad but PC is still my favourite sim number 1, it's absolute simulation like a real thing :)

More information for my 'issue' with G27 steering. I compared FFB file with my old file and this is the result:

After the game update I see that there's 2 new steering params, not yet changed / tested these values:

Shift Delta Time="0.05" // Minimum time between shifts
Clutch Grip Curve Exponent="3" // Exponential of clutch grip curve, for clutch engage behaviour

For Axis the default value is 1.0, I changed it to 0.5 as I have earlier:

So change all these Axis [00, 0x] Sensitivity="1.0" to Axis [00, 0x] Sensitivity="0.5" and you will have perfectly linear steering, I like it now. I also added 75 % FFB gain, 47 % is too low for me, that's all.

See parameter below. Now these values are ok by S3S, earlier default value was 1.0, now it's 0.0 as I also found this value working better earlier this year, it seems that S3S reading our posts LOL:

FFB Joy[00] Axis[04] Spring Coefficient Neg="0.0"

Note! if you edit your FFB file with text editor so U can keep all changes if you add ReadOnly="0" to ReadOnly="1", then the game not overwrite your own changes, of course if you do some changes with game UI so then you will have totally new file with those default values, so keep your eyes open...that's all now. My R3E is almost 'perfect' now, also I like new UI very much! Thanks!

What are the best cars to try out for this weekend?
I already have ADAC 2014 and DTM 92 but any car/track suggestions are appreciated
GTR 2 (RUF or Vette)
WTCC 2014 (Citroen... or Civic.......)
G5 cars are brutal to handle, but Vette, Fabcar, Monza, Nissan, good luck

For tracks, Indianapolis, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Hungaroring, Salzburgring, Suzuka, Sonoma, Bathrust and Macau.

It's constantly improving. It doesn't drive that nice but it's the game that Pcars would wanted to be (physics wise).

Descent graphics, nice atmosphere, i don't like the sounds (fake effects, digital samples) except for the awesome flexing transmission model, only racing cars. I bought ADAC 2013 some time ago. I regretted so far.
Better buy GSCE instead.

But if someone is disappointed with PCars and is looking for a sim , somewhere between Pcars and AC (hate to put awesome AC and awful Pcars in same sentence ) , it's a nice choice.

I will keep it in my disk for sure, since i can see that this game is getting better.

At the moment , overall experience seems a little bit of arcade-ish.

The sounds are one of the best bits, it sounds amazing. Those backfires!!

I have found that the steering around the center (floaty feeling) is worse for me in some cars than others. In the WTCC cars there's next to no problem. But take the hillclimb cars and it's too much of an issue. Still some work to be done by S3S there, but overall I think this is a nice neat package and I'll definitely be using it for quite some time!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back