Better FFB physics in new updates.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive read a few times, that the new cars the gr5 and gtr2 have new physics which improved the FFb and physics. Does this get rid of the over forced centre and the swaying you get from it?

I will not buy them not knowing if this is fixed.

@Msportdan What mode do you have your t300 on?
Also have you tried lowering lateral forces?
there is no modes, just gain settings etc?!

for me actually having the lateral forces higher than vert, feels more realistic and less floaty but still doesn't solve my issues.

I think I need a working damper setting and minimum force in rre to get near a decent feel.

It's early days so not judgmental but I had better feeling from the FFB before this update but I will keep trying. I'm just knackered mentally from messing with the Project Cars ffb, the thought of more messing doesn't help.

Last edited:
there is no modes, just gain settings etc?!

for me actually having the lateral forces higher than vert, feels more realistic and less floaty but still doesn't solve my issues.

I think I need a working damper setting and minimum force in rre to get near a decent feel.

I think the high lateral forces are what's maybe cause the effect in your video?

on pc you can only use ps3 modes, otherwise doesn't work.

yes having the bottom setting (may of mixed them up in above post) higher feels better. Of course I have to have the force steer setting at around 30, which in return I loose all road feel, and makes it even more floaty then at default.

My wheel doesn't calibrate in ps4 mode.

another way to describe my steering feeling is..its kinda laggy. I turn and its as if im on jelly suspension the car takes time to adjust to my inputs. Just doesn't feel as direct as rf2 gsc, pr pcars...

sorry

Last edited:
My wheel doesn't calibrate in ps4 mode.

another way to describe my steering feeling is..its kinda laggy. I turn and its as if im on jelly suspension the car takes time to adjust to my inputs. Just doesn't feel as direct as rf2 gsc, pr pcars...

sorry

Although I am enjoying R3E, after a quick drive (in my real car) and some thought.....

How about driving a high center of gravity car on under inflated tires with soft and/or tall side walls?
  • makes steering feel understeery and vague
  • causes car to wiggle/wallow when making steering inputs even on straightaways
If it's the wheel settings that can help, I wish racing game developers and wheel software could just put descriptions in "layman's terms" what each setting does.
"This setting increases/decreases the amount of force needed to turn into a corner....."
"This setting increases/decreases the amount of force needed to straighten the wheel out of a corner..."

The majority of wheels out there are probably logitech products (G25, G27, DFGT, pro).
There has to be someone who has experienced this and found a solution?

I feel your frustration Dan. :thumbsup:

If it's the wheel settings that can help, I wish racing game developers and wheel software could just put descriptions in "layman's terms" what each setting does.
"This setting increases/decreases the amount of force needed to turn into a corner....."
"This setting increases/decreases the amount of force needed to straighten the wheel out of a corner..."
This. It's funny how many times this comes up. Their descriptions in-game are just repeating what you can already glean from the effect name. lol. If you look in the controller rcs file they attempt better descriptions but they're just the same repeating the name with more words.

Georg Ortner attempted an ffb guide here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/

But his descriptions still lack something, I think it's practical examples describing how a setting effects driving experience rather than an abstract 'this force applies to such and such an input'.

@Georg Ortner
"I also reduced the Understeer Setting to 50%, so the wheel doesnt loose force too quickly when for example driving a FWD car, but that´s just personal preference."
The car is either understeering or it's not=you loose force or not.
What is meant by, you choose when to feel it....WEIRD!!

@Georg Ortner
"I also reduced the Understeer Setting to 50%, so the wheel doesnt loose force too quickly when for example driving a FWD car, but that´s just personal preference."
What is meant by, you choose when to feel it....WEIRD!!
This is also my problem with the FFB in R3E. Too much is left to personal interpretation rather than the game telling the player "this is what is happening with the car".

Sure, but you can argue about how much loss of force you need to feel the car understeering.
I found 50-60% to be enough. Again, its personal preference. If you like 100% keep it that way.

Just because you have the option, doesnt mean you need to change something.
But if people disagree with our approach of the default profiles, at least they can change them.

Believe it or not, but there are a million different opinions about how the FFB should feel.
And there is no absolute correct answer. Starting with the fact, that in a real car you dont feel "everything the car is doing" through the wheel only.

If I'd hazard a guess, I think what Georg is saying is that 100% is supposed to be the 'real' value but, if it feels strange on your particular wheel (because there's so many wheels, some faster, some slower, some stronger, some weaker), then you can tweak it.

These are my G27 settings and feeling at steering wheel is quite similar as I have it in rFactor2 ... OK I˙ve tried to do my best. Force Feedback Intensity is set very low, but that is my personal choice in any game, so raise it if you like :)

rrre-2015-06-07-10-48-21.jpg

rrre-2015-06-07-10-48-33.jpg

Has anyone got any settings for the Fanatec CSR wheel? I've dialled in what I like for GSCE and AC. But I'm still having issues with Raceroom really aggressively fighting my turn in on the corners, it definitely feels like it's possibly clipping with it being so violent. It will almost spike incredibly violently through the corner. I've tried lowering all the settings but then that gives me this neutered dead feel to the wheel.

I'm kind of getting a bit ticked off trying to get this dialed in.

I should mention I'm talking about the in game settings.

Edit: I give up, 2 hours of my life lost trying to get this dialled in. I'm sick of my wheel shaking like an autistic child throwing a strop when going high speed through corners. Until Sector 3 improve the FFB I'm going to have to hold off buying their content. :/

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back