RaceRoom Racing Experience: Free weekend coming up

5ad5ec8fcd0575b24fb95c61d153929f.png

Sector 3 Studios is running a Free weekend in their simracing title RaceRoom Racing Experience this weekend.

This Weekend all content in the game will be unlocked for you to use in any game mode you want!
From Friday 26/06/2015, 18:00 (CEST) until Sunday 28/06/2015, 18:00 (CEST), you will be able to take any of our cars out on a ride in Singleplayer and even Multiplayer Mode, or check out some of the tracks you don´t own yet.

And if you haven´t tried R3E in a while, now is your chance to see what you have missed!

Make sure you grab this oppotunity to sign up for some of our club races this weekend;
R3E Racing Club & Leagues

Last edited:
Yes, never had any problem in any game. My system is old i know but always the same, so i know how it behaves. Same windows, same cables, same headset , same everything. Raceroom is the only game that does that and only with new effects.

Hmm. Shot in the dark from me as a software engineer in "similiar" field to R3E (although a lot less commercial), but how is your CPU load when this happens? Does it happen when racing alone, or with other cars only?

Most on board sound cards, as well as the NVidia on-board chips are more or less AD/DA converters with no real dedicated DSP facilities, which means that sound is processed by your CPU and then the audio circuitry does some effects and AD tranformation.

In the past i have experienced problems on some of the clients i worked with then, where onboard audio would make this "muffled" sound when we used a lot of samples with short buffers. What happened was that the CPU was very busy (and on many of the machines not really up to the job, this client was a cheap skate), so in the midst of buffering for audio, it would choke on a different thread. The onboard then pulled the data, resulting in an incomplete buffer being read, causing muffled audio or screeching sounds.

Not really what is happening here, but just mentioned to prove my point that CPU gets stressed when using onboard audio, and can cause all kinds of timing/buffering issues.

Another thing you might want to check is the amount of voices your audio circuitry will support. You may have no problem in other games, but R3E might use more voices at the same time, causing audio corruption if there is not enough "lanes" to hold them. @anthony monteil, how many simultanious voices does R3E support? I would guess it's many as on my system i can hear many individual opponents cars as well as mixing sounds of ambience, kerbs etc... :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 13.9%