RaceRoom Racing Experience | Brands Hatch GP Layout Coming - At Last!

MarcG

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 17, 2011
The video is funny, this is excellent news.

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
@Paul Jeffrey
I am really sick of these personal comments in the newsflashes. If you have an opinion Paul, put it in a comment like everyone else - but in the actual posts - please keep it neutral, and let people form their own opinion.
Just an opinion of course.
Ah, come on, it was pretty mild. Let the guy have a personality. Do you really want dry press release style reporting?

Jonny Austin

100RPM
Nov 25, 2017
I like forums but it does encourage moaning.Brand Hatch is a classic track,undulating,multi apex,blind & off camber corners & not far off the original layout & much better than any of the new boring tracks that have large car park run offs.

If you dont welcome Brands Hatch to any sim I would question whether you like sim racing or motor sport.

RasmusP

6000RPM
Premium
Oct 7, 2016
Brands Hatch GP has a lot of difficult corners. You can gain and lose a lot of time through each of them.
Once you reached the point where you aren't crashing consistently anymore and then have someone with a similar pace close to you, the fun starts!

I had the most fun multi-lap battles in other Sims at the GP layout!
Here's one of them from 3 years ago, still remember it:
The car behind is a way faster driver than me but he was careful with me and enjoyed the battle.

I can't wait to throw the brilliant touring cars in Raceroom around that layout!

Gopher04

1000RPM
Sep 27, 2009
Like most been crying out for this for years in RR, but I wonder if they just left it to late for this version for peeps to be over excited about now.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Do you really want dry press release style reporting?
Actually yes, because news reporting is supposed to be impartial. As someone else mentioned, a further post can be made in the thread to state the reporters own opinion. Putting it in the article itself can and does affect both the way the news is received and the reaction to it.

If you dont welcome Brands Hatch to any sim I would question whether you like sim racing or motor sport.
Each to their own bud. I'm sick and tired of Nords being demanded and eventually added to every sim known to man, but that doesn't mean I'm not a big fan of motorsport. It simply means I'm not a fan of that particular track. So what?

... but I wonder if they just left it to late for this version for peeps to be over excited about now.
Haha, the conspiracy theory emerges! I'm sure that's exactly why it's taken so long. :whistling:

Dazmaniac

1000RPM
Aug 30, 2010
Paul can hardly be unbiased anyway....... isn''t he on the payroll with Studio 397 and rFactor2?

Not that it is, but could be seen by some as a conflict of interest.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Paul can hardly be unbiased anyway....... isn''t he on the payroll with Studio 397 and rFactor2?
Everyone is always biased for one reason or another... job, favourite sim, personal preference, etc etc. You can still write articles without allowing your own opinions in though.

I hope so, there are already several other new items for them to make money.
Already confirmed that it's a paid DLC, apparently. Not that surprising really... new content, so it has a price tag.

Ami_M3

100RPM
Oct 31, 2017
Some people are so into conspiracy theories, it's getting really ridiculous.
Paul expressed his opinion about a freaking track, not a sim vs sim. If he doesn't like BH in sim X, he most likely doesn't like it in sim Y either.

Back on topic. I don't particularly like BH, but will get it anyway. Video is hilarious, love it :thumbsup:

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
May 21, 2013
As we are discussing laser scanned tracks in the other news thread, is this version of BH gp laser scanned and are tracks in R3E usually laser scanned?