RaceRoom Racing Experience | Brands Hatch GP Layout Coming - At Last!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are set to finally silence the seemingly decades long cries of sim racers to bring the full Grand Prix layout of Brands Hatch the simulation - with the long version of the mega British track having been teased by the studio recently.

Yup, what will the many various forum users around the world have to type about once Sector3 Studios drop the extended version of Brands Hatch to the game? It's been asked for by the sim racing community since pretty much the beginning of time, especially following the recent 2020 update of the current 'Indy' layout of the track, and if the new video from the developers is anything to go by, it looks likely that wait might well be almost over....

Now, let the realization that Brands Hatch Grand Prix is actually quite annoying dawn on everyone once this new version drops, likely to be as part of the promised massive December update next week...

Further reading:

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

r3e Brands Footer1.jpg

Attachments

• R3E Brands Header1.jpg
    R3E Brands Header1.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Yea, the conflict of interest deepens as time goes by.

You can see how fast that rF2 news gets posted here while R3E, heck, even the R8 GT4 isnt mentioned yet as far as I know.
That's what you really think. You seem to forget that he's a family man juggling job, family and the unpaid work he does for RD. Throwing covid and the run up to Christmas into the mix is a much more likely scenario than that he's deliberately missing stories about other games.
Paul has worked tirelessly (and like all staff unpaid) for RD for years and and the guy who first posted this crap in the thread, made this his first post on RD. I know who's side I'm coming down on.
@Andrew feel free to remove this post and any other off topic nonsense about journalistic integrity.

This discussion becomes a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
Even if news about rF2 will be put into an article quicker what should that mean? Perhaps more insights and because of that it's easier to prepare something when reveal times are known before?
The quality of the articles doesn't differ, whether it's about R3E, rF2 or something else. They are on par.

Back to topic: It's release day :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's what you really think. You seem to forget that he's a family man juggling job, family and the unpaid work he does for RD. Throwing covid and the run up to Christmas into the mix is a much more likely scenario than that he's deliberately missing stories about other games.
Paul has worked tirelessly (and like all staff unpaid) for RD for years and and the guy who first posted this crap in the thread, made this his first post on RD. I know who's side I'm coming down on.
@Andrew feel free to remove this post and any other off topic nonsense about journalistic integrity.

Because the bias is pretty clear. I do not think it has to do much with Christmas, there are news being missed from time to time.

Look at all the pcars post, all the way back from pcars 1, the bias has always been there since. With some games are favored while others are openly being biased to. This is not neutral at all. Personally, I do not agree with being a rF2 community manager then manage a racing game website without a disclaimer in the signature. It is conflict of interest, rather than missing out on car announcement for another game.

Because the bias is pretty clear. I do not think it has to do much with Christmas, there are news being missed from time to time.

Look at all the pcars post, all the way back from pcars 1, the bias has always been there since. With some games are favored while others are openly being biased to. This is not neutral at all. Personally, I do not agree with being a rF2 community manager then manage a racing game website without a disclaimer in the signature. It is conflict of interest, rather than missing out on car announcement for another game.
Enough of the conspiracy crap, ok? Paul does a bloody amazing job around here churning out multiple news articles every day for free in his own time. This is in addition to his full-time paid job and his family life. So some articles get released faster than others, big deal. Did it ever occur to you that sources of news are going to be of differing qualities? That an article is going to come along faster for readily available news that Paul doesn't have to go trawling for? That every article needs to be written and proof-read before release and therefore takes time?

The whole disclaimer thing is pure nonsense as well. If you can find one single journalist in pop-media who's sole job is to write for one single publication with no outside and potentially conflicting interests whatsoever, I'll eat my hat. Most of them receive incentives to write articles for specific purposes these days, making a volunteer like Paul among the least biased of journalists you're likely to find.

If you think you can do a better job then by all means start your own sim-racing news blog or something. I guarantee your own personal biases will be revealed within the first few articles, even if it is unintentionally. I agree that overt bias should not be part of news articles, but we're humans, not robots.

Now back on topic please. This thread is about R3E, not RD's news articles. If you have comments or complaints, feel free to post them in the appropriate place, which is right here.

I do believe it costs some additional bucks, as there are new licensing costs I guess. No problem...gladly paying for this.

In fairness I have a lot of sympathy for Sim Racing Developers. The legal side of things must be a nightmare and everything is kind of ruled by licences and money of course. In various interviews the problem was always the license as the Indy loop came as part of the rights with the DTM series.

So I'm really pleased that Raceroom have managed to get permission to re-create the Grand Prix loop. All their tracks just have this level of detail and "ageing" that a lot of tracks simply don't have. Due to the game engine I can run this title at 4k, on max everything and in fairness it looks just as good as most other titles.

I think the other thing we should all bear in mind is bizarrely during this crazy year, sim racing in general has received a lot of exposure which I think has helped.

Pricing wise, hopefully if you have the Indy loop maybe you'll get the GP loop at a discount but even so the cost of the DLC's on Raceroom are not horrendous.

However i think after so long Time this should be free to all owners of the short Layout.
I'm not sure I see what time has to do with it. The Indy layout was originally released as part of the DTM Experience pack. The GP layout was not included because it wasn't used in DTM at the time. The fact they're making it available now probably means they bought the license, so will need to recoup the cost.

I'm not sure I see what time has to do with it. The Indy layout was originally released as part of the DTM Experience pack. The GP layout was not included because it wasn't used in DTM at the time. The fact they're making it available now probably means they bought the license, so will need to recoup the cost.

Sure. But i think they are not dependent of(on?) :D the money which they generate with this DLC. Yeah its all buisness, i wish at those moments a company would give something back to the fans....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back