• Deleted member 161052

Nitro GP Post-Race Statement:
Not a start for us. :thumbsdown:

Okay, so a bit of an update:

First of all, I've added some things to the rules, such as:
-Illegal parts - 10.3 long
-Upgrades are now a bit clearer 7.1,7.2 long
-Driver training - 7.4 long
And I have also made changes to the testing section (7 long)
Dates have also been added to the calendar.

Why don't you just have a readout in MPH and KPH?
Would it be possible to turn 74.516s into 1:14.516?
Could we have gaps relative to leader?
I've done all the things in the quotes now, which will be ready for the first round. Apart from that, I've added a "previous lap", and also I've added a pitstop counter, and some teams having cut-off names has also been resolved without any extra space taken in the game window!

Speaking of the first round:

1200px-Albert_Lake_Park_Street_Circuit_in_Melbourne,_Australia.svg.png

Weather report:
FP1 - Light rain in the first 21 minutes (as such, performance penalty for starting young drivers in this session reduced by 35%!)
FP2 - Dry
FP3 (GP2 Quali) - Dry
Qualifying (GP2 Race) - Dry
Race - Dry start, light rain expected during the race, to transition into heavy rain, and finish in heavy rain. Exact laps unknown.

Temperature: 22°C

So then, this is what you need to do:

Strategy
upload_2016-9-9_19-38-30.png

Same procedure as in the test, except I've removed one of the compounds to help improve simplicity. And this time I will make sure that if you decide to start on mediums, they will only be used in Q3. Keep in mind the rain too, which may start falling at any point during the race, when it rains enough your drivers will pit regardless of strategy.

Staff Sorting
As mentioned in the contract signing period already, you will need to place your staff on performance, merchandise or hoslitality. Read rule 6.2 in long regs for more info on how this works.
Don't know how much staff you have? Check out the first post in our conversation

Testing/Driver Training
1900 testing tokens will be available during the Australian GP. (75%=1425)
These are the tokens you'd be getting between Australia and Brazil, so as I simulate upgrades after the GP, it's the exact same as if you did development between these 2 races. I'll keep going this way so the time gap between deadline and stream (more in a bit) is less.

You may want to read rule 7 in either regs about this, and here I've also included a paragraph about driver training, which is independant from the testing tokens.

Oh and don't worry, I have updated your predicted budgets now with the race-by-race costs also so you know how much exactly you should allocate into testing.

Illegal Parts
Another addition to the rules is Illegal Parts. Read 10.3 in long, or 8.1 in short regs to learn more about this. It is not necessary to have illegal parts, but it is an option.

Apart from that, in case you've read 10.1 from the long regs, I may not be able to guarantee the second option here, it'll probably happen but if your driver doesn't undercut, you have been warned.

If you can, the deadline will be tuesday, at 19:30 my time. The stream should start at 22:00 my time and last 30-60 minutes, maybe more depending on rain. If not everyone gets their things done until then, I will start everything on friday instead, as it's still early days and everything is still relatively new.

Speaking of stream... yes after the commentary attempt in the Barcelona test, I've decided that the game would be more suited towards streaming, and the small window would mean that my poor streaming capability might just be enough to cover it at not-totally-crap quality.

That's it I think! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Again, I probably made it sound more complicated than it should be!

Last edited:
oh I completely forgot!
I did hint this a bit here
(as such, performance penalty for starting young drivers in this session reduced by 35%!)
but I never fully disclosed it.

So yes, you may promote one of your test/young drivers and replace one of your race drivers, in the first practice session, with the replaced race driver getting a performance penalty for that weekend. It acts as free driver training, sort of.

A lot of guys still missing, so the stream/deadline will be delayed to friday. Last delay here, if you have any questions to ask I'm available at about this time every day.

Last edited:
Announcement:
So today should have been race day, but I decided that it would be wiser to have the stream tomorrow, as it will allow a wider range of timezones to view it (Oorjit - India; Vimal - Singapore; Josh - Australia). Therefore the stream time will be moved to 12:30 CET on Saturday, 17th September 2016, on my Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/miki2000milos . (don't worry it won't go over F1 quali)
I will probably post practice and qualifying results tonight, therefore the deadline stays as it is (which closes in 15 minutes guys!).

As a disclaimer, if anyone misses the deadline, you can still put in your testing and staff sorting orders before the race, but the strategy will be #5 as default for both cars (second driver +1 lap).

Actually, before I do quali,
I have something I wanted to ask the players.
Over the one month for which the series was active, you guys have gotten a decent understanding of how the game feels. However, I've been hearing complaints from some players that the concept is too complicated and takes too much effort, and while I've dealt with the concept fine in my tests (and I personally think it is just fine), it turned out different in the real world. And I can't disagree there, and while I've been putting things on my bucket list for season 2, seeing the interest is relatively low I've decided to ask some yes/no questions now, before any championship sessions have been completed.
Note: Anyone can hop in and give their thoughts, I'm not limiting this to just players.

1. Are you happy with the current game concept?
2. Would you be up for a change of the concept for the sake of simplicity? (if yes, 2b - Would you do the change immidiately or next season?, if yes again, 2c - Would you do start from scratch or keep the teams as they are?)
And now, let's get to my planned changes:
3. Staff can now do performance, merchandise (instant money), and hospitality (money over a season), but the latter 2 ones both give money. Would you remove one as an option?
4. Would you be fine if I removed staff, but altered the testing tokens so that they can do the same things staff can do (performance, merchandise, hospitality*)
*depending on question 3
5. Are you fine with the high amount of testing tokens (400+)? If not, upgrades will be on a scale from 1-5, like illegal parts are.
6. Would you continue paying race-by-race for your contracts? If not, the contracts will be paid before the first test.
7. Are you happy with the player being able to choose his strategy? If not, it would be randomised.
8. Are young drivers and improving them something you would like to see/keep in the game? (if yes, you'll be able to rename yours to GP2/3 names)
9. Is the high variation of available vehicle upgrades something you want to see?
10. If you have anything YOU want to see improved/changed in the game, let me know.

If you want to answer in public, go ahead. You can also answer this anonimously, in private (well, only I will know), which I would recommend. Again, anyone can answer, even those who didn't sign up.
The race will not be delayed, the stream will still happen at 12:30 tomorrow! I just want to hear some thoughts on how the situation is behind the scenes so I can improve the game for the better.

@Jimlaad43 @Timmieturner12 @Vimal Ana @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham @Decenten @Dovi design @Manolis Sigoulakis @The_Laskinator @oorjit07 @Millsy24 @Márk Lintner @airutonpurosuto8912

(tl;dr - Just answer the numbered questions)

Last edited:
1. Yes
2. No. If anyone wants a simple game he can play RPS, we need to have variety in the games at the forum, we have simplyified the GP4 series a lot, and a game like this, which is different than the others is needed.
3. No problem with either scenario.
4. Dunno
5. Again, I am fine with it, but I wouldn't mind taking a step back.
6. I'm ok with the situation as it is.
7. Absolutely, this one needs to be kept.
8. I like young drivers
9. Maybe in the first seasons I would prefer a smallest variation, but as the game progresses and we get more familiar it can be a nice feature.

PS: I know it is not exactly yes/no, but I don't think it is too complicated :p

Thanks for your opinions guys! :thumbsup: I guess I'll do quali now then,
Before I begin with quali, just a disclaimer on GP2: I've added all your young/test drivers, and 4 other randomly selected drivers to fill the 24 driver mark set by the rules. The vehicles are all equal (and slower than the main series), but I've still put the team for which the drivers are contracted with.

FP1
upload_2016-9-17_0-46-59.png

upload_2016-9-17_0-47-14.png

(I hope I've put everyone's requested driver in..)
FP2
upload_2016-9-17_0-50-47.png

upload_2016-9-17_0-50-59.png
GP2 Quali
upload_2016-9-17_0-52-41.png

upload_2016-9-17_0-53-13.png

Alonso had a transmission failure; no clue why he was classified last but he should be 16th, and that's where I'll put him
edit: also he'll be demoted 5 places for the failure :p
FP3
upload_2016-9-17_0-55-41.png

upload_2016-9-17_0-56-27.png
quali will actually follow up in the next post as I can't upload more than 10 images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back