upload_2016-9-7_15-7-42.png

Bottom 7 knocked out

Q2:
upload_2016-9-7_15-12-22.png

upload_2016-9-7_15-12-38.png

Bottom 7 go out again

Q3:
upload_2016-9-7_15-17-4.png

important notice: Hulkenberg (Force India) had a hydraulics failure during this session

Also, Cider's driver (Perez) should actually be Karthikeyan, but it's only a name issue that I'll fix in the race!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

I missed alerts for the qualifying...

Jawz GP:
We are thrilled by Pascal's performance, he seems to have had the pace throughout qualifying. We can only hope he continues this form into the race and assure that he doesn't get a mechanical issue.

Jean on the other hand very much surprised us, he seemed to have struggled so far but this qualifying shows he has it in him to do well.

Also our financial situation doesn't look to cringe so we'll be hoping to improve our car and make it ready for the start of the season.

• Deleted member 161052

Nitro GP Post-Qualifying
A fairly good effort from both our drivers so far. Making it through to the second qualifying round (and despite missing Q3) is what we expected for the qualifying.
Verstappen did a Top 10 in Q1 but despite that he wouldn't make it to Q3, we're pleased with his qualifying performance.

2nd place is fantastic and a really good way to start the race. Perez stole the car during quali and we coudnt stop him from running some decent laps. Narain will take the car back on race day.

So was Perez actually signed by someone?
Vimal, as test driver. His second driver should be Narain but it's just a name change luckily and the skills were good!
Anyway, it was going to be a brilliant commentary and it was quite a fun race, but my footage cut short for some strange reason and instead of 20 minutes it was only 2 minutes long. So I'll just post the race results!

Ford GP Post-Qualifying:
We are pretty happy with Carlos Sainz performance in the qualifying session. Making into Q3 and finished 7th is a good result to us.
Too bad that Magnussen didn't make it into Q2, which is a little bit disappointing but we are looking forward to the race ;)

SO CLOSE FOR WEHRLEIN
Capture3.jpg

Fastest lap: C. Sainz

Strategies:
upload_2016-9-7_17-10-36.png

A shame my recording failed, as it was a very good race this one.
Senna got off the line best and took the lead, as Raikonnen had a great initial launch but dropped back a lot. Contrary to that, Sainz went from 7th to 3rd position. Vandoorne quickly reovertook the struggling Senna. Senna soon started dropping back a lot but held up Wehrlein, Rosberg and Raikkonen and allowed Vandoorne and Sainz to pull away. However, very soon, Vandoorne pitted, as Wehrlein caught up to Sainz and passed him, but the Spaniard was sticking close still. When Wehrlein and Sainz pitted after, they managed to jump Vandoorne as he was stuck behind the pair, when he should have been pulling away even further to create a gap. Alesi jumped all 3 of them but soon got passed as he was on the hard tyres and going to the end. Raikonnen made a critical mistake then which lost him touch with the leading group. Vandoorne could not overtake the pair ahead and went in for his final pitstop stuck behind Heidfeld, which killed his win chances. Wehrlein and Rosberg pulled away from Sainz and rejoined behind Alesi as they pitted, but then passed the Frenchman again. Rosberg then had a significant failure as he was running second, and on the very final lap, Wehrlein had a failure too, from what was a near-certain victory, allowing the other Jawz GP car to win. Sainz got a brilliant second as Ricciardo's 1-stop worked him slowly up into third.

hmm not too bad considering my error with qualifying tires (the tire of your first stint is the one you qualify on, regardless of which qualifying part you get through to), we can progress from here at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back