RaceDepartment Racing Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

Nitro GP - Brazilian GP Race Report
Another "so close" chance for Verstappen to get in the points. Shame that Panis' brakes failed, we can fix that soon.

Race Report:
The race, as you well know, started off in light rain conditions, and all the drivers decided to start on the intermediate tyres. Rosberg led from the pole, and Heidfeld maintained his second place. The swap happened in the second row, where Raikonnen got ahead of Vandoorne, which Wehrlein used to get past as well. Vandoorne then started to drop back significantly, while Heidfeld was keeping up with Rosberg, and their battling let Wehrlein join in also. Raikonnen, meanwhile, got a puncture while running 4th, and had to retire. At this time, Ricciardo turned on beast mode, and went storming up from 15th, as the fastest man on the race track by far. On lap 33, the leading trio was again cut by one, as Rosberg made a massive error, spinning the car just before the second sector split. Ricciardo went up into fourth by the time the rain stopped, however, pitted one lap too late, which meant he was back out of the points. Wehrlein meanwhile extended his lead on the soft tyres, but he had to pit again, and as such fell behind Heidfeld. The gap, however, remained unchanged, as Heidfeld was doing a brilliant job holding off Wehrlein on his dead medium tyres, to take DTK's first victory this season. Ricciardo also profited from the two-stoppers and got into 3rd, just feiding off Sainz, who also set the fastest lap.
Capturee - Copy.JPG

Podium Interviews:
@Jimlaad43 (as Heidfeld): Congratulations on the victory, but with the competition in Rosberg and Wehrlein, did you expect to be standing up here?
@Timmieturner12 (as Wehrlein): Do you think a 1-stop strategy would have given you a better chance of victory?
@Decenten (as Ricciardo): Where's the shoey mate? :p

Paddock interviews:
@Vimal Ana (as Raikonnen): Once again, a failure cost you any chance of a win or a podium, are you disappointed in the poor reliability of your Cider? bwoah
@Dovi design (as a manager): With both cars in the points, would you describe this race as a solid effort from your team and drivers?
@oorjit07 (as Hulkenberg): After topping FP3, you showed no such pace in qualifying or the race, ultimately not getting a point. Disappointed?
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham (as Vandoorne): Was there a reason you lost so many positions during the race?
@Manolis Sigoulakis (as a manager): 4 laps away from getting a double finish again, are you happy with the reliability of the car so far?

Both GP2 and F1 standings are updated in the second post of the thread.

Last edited:
@Dovi design (as a manager): With both cars in the points, would you describe this race as a solid effort from your team and drivers?
Yes, absolutely. I'm really happy with the results, I was hoping that Sainz will get a podium but P4 for him and P6 for K Mag is a really promising result. Now, we will return to the garage gathering the data and planning on our upgrades to improve the results even more :p

@Jimlaad43 (as Heidfeld): Congratulations on the victory, but with the competition in Rosberg and Wehrlein, did you expect to be standing up here?
I'm speechless...
Well no, I'm not. It was an awesome race, the DTK is an awesome car, and we just proved that! Keke and Pascal were close, but in the end, not close enough. I'm slightly regretting doing the "Undie" (Drinking champagne from his underpants), as it had some friends after a very sideways moment at Mergulho on Lap 13.
Massive thanks though must go to Gaston, his money is the only reason I'm here in such a good car, so he deserved some credit.

Announcement
It won't be the next race prep unfortunately, but I've made the tough decision that I will step down from moderating this game.
I just wasn't enjoying it as much as I expected, it became more of a requirement than a hobby recently, not just for me but also for some of the players. I realised I no longer have that commitment to run a series like I used to in the past, and it won't be changing any time soon.
Sorry guys, @Jimlaad43 you can lock the thread.

Last edited:
Really?

Like, why can't people actually follow through with these new series. This one looked so promising, but it is just joining the rest of the threads of series that only lasted a few races with long delays. More commitment guys in the future if you want to run one.

You could have asked someone else to moderate the game for you :O_o:
It was something I was considering. But behind moderating, you would also have to know objective coding in c# in case any issues arise with the game itself. The code has nearly 50000 lines (mostly the graphics) so it would be difficult to maintain

• Deleted member 161052

I think of taking over the position to moderate the game. But, as I am running a team, I'm unsure now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back