RaceDepartment Racing Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so before we begin with the test, I'll reveal the engine and tyre stats:
View attachment 150250
EDIT: The first "wear" for tyres is actually "grip"!
There is also the amount the engine will improve per race, which i will keep to myself for now to keep things interesting :D
There are also the driver stats, which I will also keep to myself so you can really see who's good on the track :p

Also, the extra reliability values you get from the gearbox is this:
8-speed (noone chose it): 0
7-speed: +15
6-speed: +25
5-speed (noone chose it again): +30

And with the brakes, brake 1 brings you +0 reliability and +0.2s worth of speed, brake 2 brings +4 and 0.1s speed, while brake 3 brings +8 and no speed improvement.

and then, I'll get into what you guys need to do before the test, so expect another lengthy post.

Own Car Development
View attachment 150254
I think it's fairly self-explanatory, you have 20 points and you need to distribute them to the attributes of your car.
Now, I will go through all these atributes and the upsides, and the downsides.
High-speed cornering: Fastest upgrade, avg +5=0.35s (15% more for race-only)
Low-speed cornering: Improves wet handling, avg +5=0.3s (15% more for race-only)
Drag: Improves overtaking ability, avg +5=0.2s
Reliability: Decreases chance of your car and car internals failing
Pitcrew speed: Improves pitstop time
Pitcrew consistency: Improves consistency, and reduces chance of errors during pitstop.

Note that the speed values depend on the track!

Test
I've decided to have a qualifying test before we get to actual racing.
What you need to do is submit a prefered compound of tyre (which can range from ultrasoft to extrahard) for this test (they don't give any development boost, just if you want to mask your true pace), and I will do a qualifying simulation at the Jerez circuit (with the chicane, like in 1997). Also you may only bring one driver to the test, which includes your test driver and young drivers, if you want to improve their skills.
You may choose not to take part in the test, but I don't see why not as it's free and you get to know where your lead driver is compared to other teams.
The test will also give a boost of +30 pitcrew consistency, and +5 car reliability.

The deadline will be set on friday at 21:00 my local time (CEST). :thumbsup:

Vandoorne tops Jerez test
upload_2016-9-2_22-45-32.png

(please ignore the gaps, sectors etc; look at the best lap)
The sun was out as the cars greeted the track for the first time this season, and it was Stoffel Vandoorne who made most of it in his underpowered Mars GP-Ford. Kimi Raikonnen tried his best but could not get close to the Belgian driver, who was a class of his own today. Vettel impressed in his Jawz GP, a team we would expect to be placed a lot lower down the ladder, and very much kept up with Kimi. Will Stevens rounded out the ultrasoft runners. Button finished in fifth place, but ultimately dissappointed compared to the top runners, but he still beat Lauda who was beaten by Heidfeld on the softs. Force Mahindra were the only team to run the hard tyres, and were well of the pace as such. We also heard that they were running the stock car without any upgrades, as they were delayed. Even worse for Schwift as they failed to even make the test!

I'll let you know what you do next tomorrow, for now you can sort of pick through where your team should be in the pecking order, the gap between tyre compounds is on this track 1-1.3s per lap despite it being a short lap, it had a heavy influence on mechanical grip.

Last edited:
Okay, so it's tomorrow! Here's what needs to be done next.

So, there will be a second test taking place at Barcelona (old layout), in the dry once again. But, it will be a race test. So you will go through the procedure of a race weekend, as a trial for what you might expect in the actual season. And you send in both race drivers.
The reward for taking the test will be +5 high-speed cornering. Those who did not take part in the previous test can also get +25 pitcrew consistency (those who did take part already got +30 and +5 reliability, so no unfair advantage), as i forgot to mention that in my previous post! :laugh:

Strategy
upload_2016-9-4_11-8-12.png

Letters indicate the compound used, and the black box indicates a pitstop (except on the final lap), while the number inside is the length of the stint.
This segment is in the rules, section 10.1 in the long rules.
If you have not read the rule, basically, you choose one of the presets, and if you are not happy with the preset pitstop lap (due to traffic, or a busy pitlane etc), you may change it as long as it is within the allowed variation seen on the right. You may also change the tyre order, and as a help here I've added a backwards counter too. Apart from completely reversing the strategy, you may just want to change two stints and leave the others intact, which is possible.
So, what you need to tell me here: Your preset strategy, for both drivers, and any changes you wish to make to that preset. I know it's a little bit confusing, but you'll get used to it eventually, it's easier than it looks!

The tyre manufacters also have a word to add, they think #6 will be fastest, but you need track position, so as a race strategy, they are recommending #3 or #4.

And, coming back to this. You may have seen me edit this in the previous test, but now, as you can estimate where your cars will be, you have an idea of what you're hopeful to achieve, right?

Sponsor
upload_2016-9-3_15-57-26.png

they were a bit more generous than I expected, so it should help those with a lower budget. Choose wisely, as if you don't beat your goal, you don't get the reward. Payment is done race-by-race just like you pay your contracts and so.

Chief designer
upload_2016-9-4_11-2-56.png

See, I told you to save money! It won't be just for the chief designer though, don't worry. But it's certainly a part of it. You choose the one you want, the better efficiency obviously means that your parts will be better.

I'll put the deadline on friday morning, at 12AM my time (CEST). So make sure to do this in time! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
well I can't disagree as there is no official data, but what I will say is that this is an English speaking website :p (biased :whistling:)

I've spent the last few weeks trying to live with kph and it just sucks trying to convert it. Pretty much anything from 100-320kph I have no idea what it should be.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to live with kph and it just sucks trying to convert it. Pretty much anything from 100-320kph I have no idea what it should be.
Well that is how the rest of us are with mph. Its just america and britain are behind the times. Kph is the way ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%