RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

Looking forward to it, and just in time for my return from holiday!

I have a few days away and look what happens... wholesale change :D
Suggestion for background:
FP.jpg

Don't want to 'assume' anything but maybe Bram & Co waited on purpose for this moment :laugh::p.

Looking forward to admire the new RD look & feel*

Feel?! : A nice future feature to integrate e.g. the Manus VR glove. So we can virtually interact with the RD staff. Let imagination do the work.

PS The most constant factor in life is change. With that thought makes (my mid)life a lot easier

Last edited:
Personally, I absolutely hate the notion that people hate change that seems to be so prevalent on the internet lately. I don't think people hate change, not a meaningful group of them anyway. But people hate change for the worse, when things they were used to become needlessly complicated in favour of stylishness, or useful functionalities and features are removed for the sake of simplicity. Which has pretty much become synonymous with "redesign" in the past few years pretty much everywhere you look.

So when people say that "people hate change", they are basing that upon a skewed metric that means something else than they think it does (which, I guess, is also a common thing nowadays).

So I certainly hope RD is not going this route (and the above post by Bram - edit: and Dave now - certainly gives hope in that regard).
Not really a notion, but an actual thing. People, especially those that work out here, dont like change. Hating the idea of something that is very real wont help here.
Also, changing things for users, each user will have their own opinion about look and feel of something as its completely subjective.
What will be an awesome upgrade for some will not be so well received by others. And then some will just hate it because it is different. I see it every day where I work. Maybe its different where you are.

Not really a notion, but an actual thing. People, especially those that work out here, dont like change. Hating the idea of something that is very real wont help here.
Also, changing things for users, each user will have their own opinion about look and feel of something as its completely subjective.
What will be an awesome upgrade for some will not be so well received by others. And then some will just hate it because it is different. I see it every day where I work. Maybe its different where you are.

I agree 100%.

It's a known fact majority or people do not accept or move with change well, they moan and grumble and miss the possibilities that come with change. I was one of those people until a couple of years back until I read the book that I have previously linked, I now follow the cheese!

Looking forward to it, and just in time for my return from holiday!

I have a few days away and look what happens... wholesale change :D
They wait until you go away mate... And then they change all the locks :D
Come to think of it, I did see some very colourful shirts listed on Ebay ;)

I think one of my ex Girlfriends bought me a shirt from there, needless to say the relationship didn't last long after that! :D

People, especially those that work out here, dont like change.
It's not always a choice unfortunately. In the early days of RD I (mea culpa) made a lot of changes on the design, layout etc too often and users have been rightfully pissed off. However for the last few years with Dave kicking my bum if I only attempted to change something :)D) changes have been extremely little (few pixels here and there on the design, some functionalities added etc).

However the main reason for us this time is that our forum software reaches end of life, by the end of December there will be no more patches coming for it by the developers and as we hold safety of our user's details and data in high regard we have to jump to the newest version of the software, which will happen today.

• Deleted member 955978

If you invest your personal strength in hating something not threatening you personally, you are out of your mind.
I prefer the term disliking.
I know, it’s Orwellian New Speak times...
Just a heads up.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Forum trophies