RaceDepartment Awards 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not all about league sport and online, isn't it? CM did a very good job on the single player mode. I'm playing it for hours and it's so much fun. Of course there is still much space for improvements but I'm fine with it. I guess they will do better and better and we have to be thankful to have a good F1 game since there were many years we had none.

F1 2012 is a good game but there were just far too many bugs in it initially for it to be considered GOTY in my opinion. and it wasn't just the odd bug here and there, it was massive bugs that affected some of the core gameplay mechanics, things like the weather system, R&D, team moves, etc.

Game Stock Car 2012 for me too. Not only did Reiza create a fantastic sim, their support to the sim community has been outstanding; to release an entirely new version for free including new tracks is generous beyond comparison. Physics and FFB must rate amongst the best currently available or at the very least, the best we'll see from the ISImotor 2.0 engine. Sounds for the most part are brilliant too.

On a slightly negative tangent, F1 2012 doesn't deserve to be GOTY as any title that requires 12 patches and still has issues doesn't deserve any gongs at all. It is a solid game but Reiza's efforts trump it in every way (in my opinion, naturally).

WRC 3 deserves a special mention as Milestone really took on board the shortcomings of the 2 previous WRC games and made a concerted effort to make WRC 3 a better game all round. It won't poll highly here as it's still not as realistic as RBR but as an SBK player since SBK 2001, it's great to see the old Milestone back.

I think next year this should be split into best pc game of the year and best console game of the year.

I can understand F12012 being probably the best you could get running this year on the xbox or the ps3, but on the PC there is just no color. GSC will probably lose the vote, mainly due to those that couldn't play it.

WRC3 with its new"ADVANCED Physics Engine" and an "ADVANCED Plugin" update is looking 10 x better than the original release..:notworthy: RBR look out there is now a new kid on the block...Its really really good... i never thought id be saying that..

Althought its a very good sim and have enjoyed it immensely. Some updates and a mini...did'nt fit into a full game for me...
thats why it dint get my vote for game of the year:(
And the only other game i bought on the list was my beloved WRC3 which is now worlds apart from WRC. I never bought wrc2 after the bad press it got..

Lewis Hamilton is the top driver of the year; he dragged every cell of talent in his body to extract more than the thought amount of performance from the awful MP4-27, the McLaren was always eiher behind the Red Bulls or Ferraris, Lewis won three races this year, only Canada was the car on level terms with the Ferrari and Red Bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back