RaceDepartment Awards 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame not seeing Jenson Button on the list, may not be 100% F1-material despite being a WC, but put him in a sports car and we have a definite winner. So my vote goes to S Loeb, pure genius, showing us time and time again that he can master all sorts of surfaces and cars thrown at him. Watching him rip up the competition in USA is a valid point. Although I must admit I've been watching him from the start when Citroën silently moved from lower categories to a full blown attack at WRC and being impressed by him and the company as a youngster is hard to deny.

Felix da Costa was the best driver of 2012 for me. He won everything that he drove, FR3.5, GP3, great performance in Young Driver Test, Macau Grand Prix winner. I mean, driving different cars, and succeed at every single one of them? Tell me who has done that this year. ;)

Was struggling between Whincup, Marquez (Although I didn't watch him a lot), Alonso, Keselowski.... Most of the list really XD

Goes to show the quality of the grids in most championships.

I had to vote Márquez. Winning after starting last in Valencia, and his performance in Motegi, stalling the bike in the start, reaching 9th by the end of the lap (from 28th in the first corner) and then winning the race, were just impressive.

Goes to show the quality of the grids in most championships.

I had to vote Márquez. Winning after starting last in Valencia, and his performance in Motegi, stalling the bike in the start, reaching 9th by the end of the lap (from 28th in the first corner) and then winning the race, were just impressive.
Yep I thought Marquez is not going to make it that race but he did it Pretty well

wish I could vote for 2. of Course in F1 Alonso all the way

is there anyone to match Loeb? lol thats a given.

but as far as Nascar goes Brad Keselowski (which not many non Americans know him but neither do I, just happen to watch him a day b4 the Brazlian GP), he pushed hard while a lot of Nascar Vets tried as hard to keep him away from the Sprint Cup

Many drivers on and besides the list deserve that title and big respect.

My favorites are Vettel, Huff and Lorenzo. But the best one for me is Loeb! So he got my vote.

In my eyes in rally racing the driver has the biggest impact on making it a succes. Of course the team and the technique play an important role, too but compared to other series' it's the most down on the driver. And now it's his 9th title. This is more legendary than Schumi! :thumbsup:

undoubtedly imo Sebastien Loeb has to be the top driver in this category. Rallying is a very difficult type of racing and to dominate like he has is insane

So ill go with my old pal Reik here and vote for him too

F1 2012 is a nice game, and a step forward, but it's still not good enough online, especially when it comes to league support. It would be a bit undeserved if they'd get awarded from racedepartment.com for what they've delivered so far.
League support that this game lacks:
-dedicated servers
-host being able to set startgrid
-optional no penalties for contact since >90% of the penalties are undeserved
-full replay recording (to be able to see overtakes/incidents from various cams) and live streaming.
-(and more)
So if RD has to give a prize to codies, don't give them 'full gold'.

F1 2012 is a nice game, and a step forward, but it's still not good enough online, especially when it comes to league support. It would be a bit undeserved if they'd get awarded from racedepartment.com by what they've delivered so far.
League support that this game lacks:
-dedicated servers
-host being able to set startgrid
-optional no penalties for contact since >90% of the penalties are undeserved
-full replay recording (to be able to see overtakes/incidents from various cams) and live streaming.
-(and more)
So if RD has to give a price to codies, don't give them 'full gold'.

Couldnt agree more. F1 2012 is a let down in my opinion from F1 2011 and other racing games like GSC2012 seem to be way way better. I've never played the game, but as far as league racing goes, it is miles better than codemasters attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back