Hello,
yesterday (25/03/2016) we released the 0.2.3 update for Racecraft on Steam.

It includes improved general stability, slightly shorter loading times, improved controls, improved UI navigation, improved physics, minor graphics and performances optimizations.

This update contains:
  • Improved general stability
  • Slightly shorter loading times
  • Controls: overhaul and improvement
  • Controls: improved configuration wizards
  • Controls: improved change of control system interception
  • Controls: deathzones enabled
  • Controls: support for multiple devices (e.g..: wheel + pedals)
  • Controls: support for axes as buttons (for gamepads)
  • Traction control rebalanced
  • Improved UI navigation
  • Improved track variety for all tortuosity slots
  • Minor graphics and performances optimizations
Here's a reminder of our current wheel compatibility list:
(we recognize a set of commands and default calibration for the following models)
  • Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
  • Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TX Servo Base
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech Driving Force GT

Known issues:
  • During Early Access, saved tracks and all related elements (ghosts, other options) will be wiped frequently because of technical upgrades to the procedural engine and other parts of the game. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • The game stutters during the first couple of generated tracks: this happens because it's generating and caching shaders
  • If you have more than one control device connected to your system, disconnect the one you're not using to avoid crashes or calibration issues
If you own the game, please post your feedbacks and thoughts here. They're really welcome. :)

Thanks for your attention!

In next week's update we'll improve some controls and UI-related elements, but we'll also enable the chase cam, as you may see from the following screenshots:

aEz1iWm.jpg

1SwpRMi.jpg

i79JShx.jpg

We're also working a weekly hot lap challenge mode, but we still don't know if we'll be able to have it in this next update. We'll keep you posted. :)

Racecraft_Update03.png

Vae Victis Games have today released the first major update to new procedural motorsport game Racecraft.

Available on Steam Early Access from March 4th Racecraft is a new kind of racing game that utilises procedural technology to allow users an opportunity to create infinite variations of racing circuits on which to drive the high performance open wheel race car created in game.

Today's update to version 0.3.0 brings to the title a number of improvements and tweaks including a new weekly hotlap event designed by the studio to allow gamers to race on a specific supplied track for 7 days with a ranking system where drivers race against ghosts of the absolute best track lap and your individual personal best lap. This new feature is seen as a precursor to the full P2P multiplayer functionality that will be coming in future updates and as a direct result of community feedback regarding the desire to have a set layout to practice against other players. Each weekly event will start on Friday with the first event taking place Friday 8th April.

Other highlights from update 0.3.0 include the addition of a new chase cam setting to the game as well as adding support for Steam Controllers and PS3 / PS4 gamepads.

Full version 0.3.0 changelog below:
  • Added Weekly Hotlap Events
  • Added Chase Cam
  • Added support for Steam Controller, PS3 and PS4 gamepads
  • Multi-device calibration is now working properly
  • Improved UI
  • Improved general stability
  • Optimized track saving
  • Minor performance issues solved
  • Various bug fixes
Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment in the coming weeks as we offer community members the opportunity to suggest questions to be put forward to Vae Victis Games in our upcoming exclusive interview with the people behind Racecraft.

As an added incentive we will randomly gift 3 members of the community who posted a question a free copy of the game on Steam! So get your thinking caps on now and be prepared for our pre Q&A community feedback article in the coming weeks.

Don’t forget to visit our Racecraft forum right here on RaceDepartment for all latest news and discussion on the title. Racecraft is available to purchase via Steam Early Access right now.

Racecraft_Update03.png Racecraft_Chase01.png Racecraft_Chase02.png Racecraft_Chase03.png Racecraft_Update01.png Racecraft_Update02.png Racecraft_Update03.png

Have you tried Racecraft yet? How do you think the title plays? Do you like the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thing is: in closed circuits sports, you must practice a lot in a circuit in order to be really proficient on it. They are bringing the uncertainty that pertains to sports like Rally into a sport where knowing the track is paramount to succeed. If we can create endless tracks, how about MP? IT will be a surprise 99% of time... Doesn't seem to be a good choice, but then I don't quite understand how in the world things like minecraft can succeed (ugly and pointless) so I'm almost sure that I'm wrong on this (Trackmania, anyone?)
:thumbsdown:

Thing is: in closed circuits sports, you must practice a lot in a circuit in order to be really proficient on it. They are bringing the uncertainty that pertains to sports like Rally into a sport where knowing the track is paramount to succeed. If we can create endless tracks, how about MP? IT will be a surprise 99% of time... Doesn't seem to be a good choice, but then I don't quite understand how in the world things like minecraft can succeed (ugly and pointless) so I'm almost sure that I'm wrong on this (Trackmania, anyone?)
:thumbsdown:

Hello Fernando,
we added the Weekly Events to give you preset tracks to practice and hone your skills, as if they were real fixed circuits. You can create endless tracks, but when you will organize a league with your friends or other people, you will be able to race on a predetermined set of tracks, if you wish.

Don't let the "endless tracks" statement deceive you. :) You can save tracks and share them with your friends, you will have weekly and daily events on preset tracks.

I hope I clarified things a bit. :)

Hello Fernando,
we added the Weekly Events to give you preset tracks to practice and hone your skills, as if they were real fixed circuits. You can create endless tracks, but when you will organize a league with your friends or other people, you will be able to race on a predetermined set of tracks, if you wish.

Don't let the "endless tracks" statement deceive you. :) You can save tracks and share them with your friends, you will have weekly and daily events on preset tracks.

I hope I clarified things a bit. :)
That sounds really great. If the physics was as real as possible and if the FFB was near AC i think i would buy it. Being able to make tracks, save them and then compete on them is a really nice idea.

Are you able to recreate real tracks or is it a seed number thing where you dont have 100% control?

One of my favourite things in simracing is building a layout in GPLTrack, then firing up GPL and driving it for the first time. Then adding levels and turning it into a proper racetrack.

I guess Racecraft will make this a straightforward process, I'd say give it a try.... you might like it!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%