Totally depends on how satisfying the driving is at the end of the day. I don't think the procedural thing is enough on its own, heck, it may not even be a plus. I think a lot of people like racing real tracks. But if the driving is good, and the game gains the ability to randomly generate elevation and banking, then I'm more interested.

My thoughts exactly. I can only see this work if the driving and generated tracks are of good or rather great quality.

Why drive fake cars on fake tracks whit the all the games out there offering the real thing ?
Two reasons.
1. It provides something fresh and new.
2. It costs a fortune to license official tracks and cars which a very small developer can't afford.

Last edited:
Way too much like Trackmania judging by the trailer. If the physics surprise me, even like that, I wouldn't bother much. I'm not into F1 knockoffs. Heck, even modern F1 bores me out, let alone a knockoff copy.

I would try this game out, however I'm finding Steam refuses point blank to show the demo version. It's listed when searching for RaceCraft, but always goes to the EA page :(
I'm pretty sure they sent an email out recently linking to their website re downloading the tech demo so you might want to have a look over there for a direct download link.

I like the concept of Racecraft, building your own cars and having tons of tracks. As long as you won't get the same results all the time, you'll have great possibilities.

About the cars, I actually would prefer some futuristic racecars and no AG ships, like WipEout. It tends to end up being a WipEout clone that tries "to give that one missing feature", that actually messes up the final product.

I'm also perfectly fine with simcarde, it's the type of racing game that suits me best. It's not too technical like arcade and not so deep like a sim.

I bought it few weeks back after trying to demo. It's not too bad. If you're a card-carrying hardcore sim type you might not care for it. It's somewhere between arcade and sim, I would say, in terms of how the car feels to drive.

Very limited features just now, but the track generator can turn out some interesting stuff, and you can specify how complex you want the track, how long it is, the average severity of the turns. They're also going to be adding an actual layout creator at some point too.
Any chance of quality conversions to AC? For €14,00 this would be a lot cheaper than Bob's Track Builder :roflmao:

Yea... unless reviews come out announcing it as the next best thing since sliced bread, I'll pass. I like to play racing sims not only for the racing itself but for the ambience, the trackside objects and landscape, the feeling of being in a real unique location somewhere else. If a track is just asphalt, grass and grandstands, it usually doesn't interest me much, no matter how good the actual circuit is. Shallow, I know, but this is just what I do for an occasional hobby.

Besides, at this point I've got... Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, Pcars, Rfactor 2, F1 2016, Grid Autosport, Dirt Rally... out of which I only regularly play the first two.

If only this were an offroad game with decent physics.

Point to point stages.
Big desert.
Support for long stages.
Trucks and buggies.

Instead it's a circuit racing game. Off road or rally would have made the game something unique, instead... why should I care?

(srsly, someone give us a proper Baja game...)

They said here that they will do rally for the next one, which makes sense.
If the physics are good, this could be awesome!

Racecraft
6 days ago
+Fernando Furtado Mattos in our plans, if we're going to be able to develop a Racecraft 2, rally will be the main focus.

I bought it few weeks back after trying to demo. It's not too bad. If you're a card-carrying hardcore sim type you might not care for it. It's somewhere between arcade and sim, I would say, in terms of how the car feels to drive.

Very limited features just now, but the track generator can turn out some interesting stuff, and you can specify how complex you want the track, how long it is, the average severity of the turns. They're also going to be adding an actual layout creator at some point too.

Thanks for supporting us. We hope you're liking the game. :)

They said here that they will do rally for the next one, which makes sense.
If the physics are good, this could be awesome!

Racecraft
6 days ago
+Fernando Furtado Mattos in our plans, if we're going to be able to develop a Racecraft 2, rally will be the main focus.

Support us buying this first Racecraft, if you like the concept. This would give us better chances to be able to develop a "Rallycraft". :)

Hello,
this morning (14/03/2016) we released the 0.2.2 update for Racecraft on Steam.

It includes improved general stability (solved the issue causing the majority of crashes, slightly shorter loading times, improved physics/car setup for tracks with high aerodynamic charge, improved UI navigation, minor graphics and performances optimizations.

This update contains:
  • Improved general stability (solved the issue causing the majority of crashes)
  • Slightly shorter loading times
  • Improved physics/car setup for tracks with high aerodynamic charge
  • Improved UI navigation
  • Minor graphics and performances optimizations

Here's a reminder of our current wheel compatibility list:
(we recognize a set of commands and default calibration for the following models)
  • Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
  • Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TX Servo Base
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech Driving Force GT

Known issues
  • The game stutters during the first couple of generated tracks: this happens because it's generating and caching shaders
  • If you have more than one control device connected to your system, disconnect the one you're not using to avoid crashes or calibration issues

If you own the game, please post your feedbacks and thoughts here. They're really welcome. :)

Thanks for your attention!

Hello everyone!

We're adding an asynchronous multiplayer mode (with track sharing) and a car paint mode in the next few weeks.

These screenshots are WIP, but I'm posting them just to give you an idea of what to expect. :)

7iS32vJ.jpg

WZQQKik.jpg

jWTf4WI.jpg

Do you like it? :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering