RACE Series - Bug Collection Thread

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In the latest patch SimBin has missed a significant amount of bugs again. To help them out in localizing bugs we, as community ran into please report them here once more so those small mistakes can be addressed in a future patch.

If there is a thread opened here at RaceDepartment.com about this bug already please include a link to it.

No online setups after the last update.

Okay, this getting a bit annoying... Did a fresh install of the whole game package and Steam is online: stuck in connecting phase. I'm not the only one with this so it's definitely a bug. All other online functions work fine, for ex i'm able to up- and download time attack runs.

Some bug fixes coming:

- (Finally) corrected Race On's Volvo C30 weight and inertia
- Updated Formula Masters' final gear ratio to prevent reaching the limiter on tracks like Monza
- Fixed a false cut warning that occured on Curitiba when rolling start was enabled
- Tweaked the location of smoke emission when breaking the Camaro engine
- Slight adjustment to the tyres grip properties

http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php?topic=1550

If you get yourself disqualified in after the countdown for Qualifying is over, the game will send you to your correct starting positiion, but you will be shown as last on the entire server, because the game thinks you're disqualifyed in the race too. This is very annoying.

• I can hard lock my game every time if i downshift enough to blow my engine exactly when I cross the finish line on the last lap of a race.

• When switching between different player profiles, the "real seat positions" option defaults to on.

The Retro Max, Camaro, Corvette and Commodore all have the following entry in the physics .hdc file:

[FRONTLEFT]
BBumpTravel=-0.06
ReboundTravel=-0.19

The double "B"entry causes the front left dampener to malfunction and will be heavily over dampened.

Should be:

[FRONTLEFT]
BumpTravel=-0.06
ReboundTravel=-0.19

The Retro Max BMW is not affected.

Race07 & GTR Evo used to run fine for me on Steam. However, now when I try to launch either game from Steam Library shortcut, I get Windows' busy icon for a few seconds but then it vanishes and the game doesn't launch at all.

I've executed the Video & Language configurator from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<mySteamUsername>\Race 07\Config.exe , it launches fine and I set the options, but stll the games won't launch.
I've also renamed C:\Users\bmaytum\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\config.ini and let it get re-created by relaunching the game, but still the same result: get Busy icon for several seconds, but still no Race07 or GTR Evo launch. Ditto after using Steam's "Verify game cache files".
I've also re-named my D:\Programs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<playername>\race 07 folder and my C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SimBin folder, then let Steam re-create them by Steam's "Verify cache files" and re-ran the config.exe, but still same result.

Any suggestions for how I can get the games to successfully launch will be greatly appreciated.

Do you use the XD! addon?

Yes I do have the XD! add-on installed - is that the problem?

(The XD! is NOT listed in my Add/Remove Programs. The XD! ReadMe is in my (re-named) D:\Programs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamuser>\race 07-OLD-R07NFG folder, but not in my re-created D:\Programs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamuser>\race 07 folder. So I'm unsure if XD! gets invoked by attempting to launch Race07, or not. And I'm unsure how to uninstall it, the XD_v201 REadMe has no uninstall instructions).

Move or make a copy of the d3d9.dll in the main game folder and then delete it. See if the game loads correctly then. If it does you can put the .dll file back and it should work fine after that.

I've had the same problem where the game randomly won't load because of XD! but doing the above fixed it.

Yes I do have the XD! add-on installed - is that the problem?

(The XD! is NOT listed in my Add/Remove Programs. The XD! ReadMe is in my (re-named) D:\Programs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamuser>\race 07-OLD-R07NFG folder, but not in my re-created D:\Programs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamuser>\race 07 folder. So I'm unsure if XD! gets invoked by attempting to launch Race07, or not. And I'm unsure how to uninstall it, the XD_v201 REadMe has no uninstall instructions).

Glen:
My XD is old v2.01. I've now downloaded and installed the latest XD v2.1.10.

But same result: Windows busy icon for 2 secs, then nothing - Race07 doesn't launch

Move or make a copy of the d3d9.dll in the main game folder and then delete it. See if the game loads correctly then. If it does you can put the .dll file back and it should work fine after that.

I've had the same problem where the game randomly won't load because of XD! but doing the above fixed it.

Glen:
I tried your suggestion (using the newest d3d9.dll for XD! version 2.1.10) in the \Race07 subfolder (is that what you meant by "main game folder"?), but I got same result: 2 second busy icon, but no Race07 launch. Another curiosity is that the old XD! version 2.0.1 also had created an xd.ini file in the Race07 folder, but the newest version 2.1.10 didn't create an xd.ini file (atleast not so far......) - is the newest version supposed to create such an xd.ini file?
As per newest XD v2.1.10 XD_readme.txt, I did run Microsoft's DirectX update (but it reported that I already have the latest installed), still same result - Race07 doesn't launch. The Microsoft DX9 dll file in my \Race07 subfolder is "d3dx9_36.dll", version 9.19.949.2111, which apparently was installed there (base on file date = today) when I again ran Steam's "verify game cache files" tool. And yes, my Steam client is curent.

I do have several add-on tracks installed in my "D:\Programs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<playername>\race 07\Gamedata\Locations" (I had installed those 3/2009) - might those be causing Race07 to not launch? (Note when I say "not launch" I mean no splash screen or anything after the busy icon vanishes). Those add-on tracks previously woked just fine back in the days when Race07 / GTR-Evo would launch successfully. BTW, my Race07/GTR-E was installed from a retail DVD (or CD?), don't know if that is of any consequence for this no-launch problem.

Any additional suggestions would be grrat, thanks in advance.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. Totally delete that d3d9.dll file and then try and launch the game.

If the game launches successfully, exit and put the d3d9.dll file back and it should work correctly with XD! now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back