RACE Series - Bug Collection Thread

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In the latest patch SimBin has missed a significant amount of bugs again. To help them out in localizing bugs we, as community ran into please report them here once more so those small mistakes can be addressed in a future patch.

If there is a thread opened here at RaceDepartment.com about this bug already please include a link to it.

My Time Attack replays are broken. :(
The hotlaps always start from the beginning and show the wrong lap, the full session replays are complete but don't show any lap times.

It started after installing the "Race On" expansion, I never had that before. I own Race 07, GTR Evo and Race on, all from Steam and patched to the latest version (1.2.10). I didn't change any settings, also it doesn't matter if I start the game as Race 07 or Race On (I like the menu of Race 07 more).

It only seems to happen in Time Attack Mode. I checked all replays from the race events I played today (5 full events) and all replays were fine. On the other hand I have like 6 or 7 Time Attack replays and all of them are broken.

My PC:
Shuttle SD32G2
Core2Duo E6600
4GB RAM
Radeon HD4850 512MB
120GB SSD (Crucial M4)
400GB HDD
Win7 Home Premium 32bit
Driving Force GT
TrackIR 5

Any suggestions? :confused:

I don't believe that they will ever correct all known bugs. GTR 3 is knocking on the door anyway.
I don't think so either but now they cannot longer say they weren't aware of the bugs, hence this thread.

Some bugs however can be so easily fixed (editing a simple text file) that it should be a nobrainer to patch it. Flawed physics like with the FormulaRR is ofcourse a lot more work

My dirtsplats on windshield are white squares now and now when i go around the Karousel on Nordshliefe i come to a stop, can't drive anymore unless i go around on the smooth part( nothing to do with ride height). Any suggestions to why this happened and is there a way i can get rid of dirt on window permanently? The stopping issue is really bothering me because we can't drive Alpine Hills anymore. its affected all my bumpy ciruits.

I saw some white suqares too in the last F3000, they were underside rivals wings.. I thought that my GPU needs cleaning (it does, driving with open "bonnet" atm...), never seen those artifacts before. And my online setup connections are still missing, i saw somebody complaining and resolved by clean install.. Aren't patches suppose to do that..

I had à problem during tonights Mini racen Zandvoort 07. After getting having à pitstop, THE gas pedal keeps hanging in THE game. So withouten doing anything, the car is hiting the rev. Limiter and annot be driven anymore. A restart of the game solves the problem, but i coudnt finish THE online race :(

I had à problem during tonights Mini racen Zandvoort 07. After getting having à pitstop, THE gas pedal keeps hanging in THE game. So withouten doing anything, the car is hiting the rev. Limiter and annot be driven anymore. A restart of the game solves the problem, but i coudnt finish THE online race :(

There were two instances of this tonight...

hey all,
I get a problem sometimes with forcefeed back i got a DFGT ? and sometimes when i start a race i lose force feedback but only some of it then half way through a race it comes back happens both online and offline.
It dont happen that much but u know

I get the same, about 50% of time when i start the game, the FFB goes away or resets to windows defaults (not even the ones i have defined, like the first install of wheel default) when i first drive out of pits. It resets itself when visiting control setup menu. But my game will crash at the same rate in the first start of the day and visiting control menu, most likely these all are related.

When was the last update? last week i got online on the SRP IFM server and now i cannot get into ANY server! Whats going on here! I didn't do anything to my game since the last time i entered a server. Does anyone have a solution to this?

"Booted as Possible Cheat" is what is telling me and like i was saying i didn't do or add anything to game.

I'm about to fully give up with Race07. I never have these problems with GTL, GTR2 or rFactor.

If you're being booted as a 'possible cheat' then it sounds like a mismatch between the content you have installed and the content the server is using. That's not the fault of Race 07. You may not have changed anything, but the people that own the server may have done.

It could be because you use a mod or expansion which is also used on the server, but are not identical. I read about this problem in the past when someone used a mod on his Race07 which bugged with the some content from another mod on the server.

Also no-cd patches and other game altering patches can be the issue.

That last one is bad... Really, really bad. Hope they come up with a patch soon. video

I noticed something, there were three of these guys around and i observed them for a while. They can't hit each other. So they are using the same mode that you are in when someone joins the server and you haven't loaded the car yet.. The physics work only one way in that case and you can't see the recently joined. So the mode that they are exploting is inbuilt.

I noticed something, there were three of these guys around and i observed them for a while. They can't hit each other. So they are using the same mode that you are in when someone joins the server and you haven't loaded the car yet.. The physics work only one way in that case and you can't see the recently joined. So the mode that they are exploting is inbuilt.

In that video, at 0:27, that's me :D

I uninstalled everything this time around,got rid of more mods and custom skins and reinstalled. All is good again! I'm able to get back online, bugsplats are not white squares anymore and i don't come to a grinding halt on bumpy tracks anymore. My mod menu icons are appearing now too!.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%