Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Got in another dozen laps or so in the Aston last night and made it to the sub 2 minute mark with mid 1:59's. Not a big fan of this track, those first few turns have no place on a race track, more like the entrance to a multi story car park lol.

I say push the envelope and see who can manage their fuel best here, adds a nice extra facet to the racing. I was under 3 litres per lap :thumbsup:

The Aston Martin will be parked up for a while now as testing begins for F1 in Russia next Sunday so I'll be watching progress here with interest over the next week until I get back to Germany to get the Aston prepared for race day. I'm sure I'll be chasing lots of times in the sub 2 minute category by then.

Reactions: Rob
Nice, that's something good to aim at then. I haven't played with the setup either, just going to get some solid laps in and then start tinkering to see what improvements (or not) that brings.
I dont really know what im doing with set ups, have done about 30-40 laps over the weekend in the McLaren, for me its about working out the correct gears to be using which made all my time up

I dont really know what im doing with set ups, have done about 30-40 laps over the weekend in the McLaren, for me its about working out the correct gears to be using which made all my time up
I had about 20 overall in the Aston in two short sessions. I always find that most time is gained simply through good knowlege of the track and working out the best lines and gears to take throughout. The tuning helps to get the car handling in the way you like but it's no magic formula for success. Track time is always key for me. I hope to hit the track early next week and get in some really long sessions before we go there on Saturday night.

I don't know Robert that 1:55 is strong, and will most likely require Optimum Conditions.
Ah yes 26 laps is much better. I want to say the McLaren or Aston is limited to 100L, and my calculations 31 is near 110L.

Yea, I've learned in drabs and trickles just how closely SMS read the regulations of most racing car groups re: regulations from the FIA mostly. When I looked up fuel cell limitations in the real British GT handbook, it was 100L I believe. Normally the mandatory driver switch takes care of this, but our short races don't require that. In hindsight, with all the pit bugs, that's a good exception I think.

I had about 20 overall in the Aston in two short sessions. I always find that most time is gained simply through good knowlege of the track and working out the best lines and gears to take throughout. The tuning helps to get the car handling in the way you like but it's no magic formula for success. Track time is always key for me. I hope to hit the track early next week and get in some really long sessions before we go there on Saturday night.

Very very different than the F1 series. A real wake up call. Nowhere near as forgiving yet somehow faster when you really get your lines dialed in.

Very very different than the F1 series. A real wake up call. Nowhere near as forgiving yet somehow faster when you really get your lines dialed in.
I actually didn’t find it bad at all here in these cars. Only part that I find tricky at the moment is turn 3 where it’s very easy to drift off to the right there if you get it wrong. It’s made all the harder by the apex being obscured by the car window frame (for me at least). It seems a much longer lap in these cars compared to F1 which does the lap around 25+ seconds faster than we are currently managing. There’s definitely most time to be gained for me in those first 4 turns and just little bits here and there around the track as I get more attuned to it.

There’s not many places that I would expect to see cars having problems here unlike Oulton Park which was much more challenging to drive. I quite like turn 5 which is a decent challenge with a tight turn 6 quickly following but I was hoping the Schumacher S might be a tougher proposition only to find that once you get a bit of confidence it’s flat out but does at least have a more challenging turn 10 to follow, we may see some cars sliding off track onto the large run-off area there.

I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses here so let’s keep this thread alive with info. Always love to get the gen on how everyone is doing in the break between races :thumbsup:

Well, you must be pretty stoked about the game-play and immersion to be that excited about a disconnect! lol. But, seriously, you ran a great race, and the dogfights you had with various good drivers must have made it thrilling. You seemed to be in the middle of everything even with no tune. I shudder to think what you could do with a tune and a TX...but the tune alone will really boost your times.
I think I have much of your race saved because we were around each other. Even though I only have the first few minutes on T.V. (due to the save bug) I recorded the whole race on twitch and noticed your car a lot, so check it out. We were neck and neck for some of it. In any case, so glad you made it back. I saw the first 20 laps or so on the T.V. before the race of the London race...very interesting park to choose. Exciting in many places.
So the replay problem of only being able to view a short period at the start is still apparent is it? Does that happen on all videos or just online ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back