Race Department Forum Racing - Season 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems at Williams give win to Lotus in Isle of Man Endurance Race
Daniel Harvey opened the racing with a very fast first stint ahead of Jim Laad. A slow driver change, however, swapped the orders as Williams driver Ben Utzer was able to come out just ahead of Omer Said at Lotus. Mark Lintner from Ferrari kept both teams honest as he kept his car in the mix for his entire ride. In fact, it was Ferrari who had the combined fastest first two stints after switching to Oorjit Mishra at the 4hr mark. Although a bit late in the off, McLaren also was keeping very fast in the opening stages.

The second stop for McLaren was painful, however, as they discovered a complete engine change was necessary. This set them far enough behind the other teams that they couldn't finish higher than 4th. More sadness at Williams, as well, as they discovered an oil leak that kept them in the pits far longer than they hoped. Lotus took back first place, and Hugo Rosello drove it home for the win.

Results 6 GBR.jpg

Interviews
@Millsy24 a great effort from the whole team today, and a very exciting race between you and the Williams. How does it feel to win at home?
@Benutzername a bit frustrating for you having to wait in the pits an extra half hour. Hopefully this isn't going to be an ongoing problem...?
@Sasha Jednak a very promising race from Ferrari until the last stint. Was the car giving you troubles?
@TTupsi fans were hoping for a good outcome today, and the first stint gave them hope. But the engine change came as a bit of a surprise, especially since it still didn't seem to work well through the rest of the race. Have you considered yet a switch to Renault power?

Next Race
Home race for Team Ferrari and Williams driver Andrea Dovisioso. And it will be a familiar site for both as it will be at their own proving grounds in Fiorano! See you soon in the beautiful Italian countryside!

@TTupsi fans were hoping for a good outcome today, and the first stint gave them hope. But the engine change came as a bit of a surprise, especially since it still didn't seem to work well through the rest of the race. Have you considered yet a switch to Renault power?
Overall we are happy with the engine package we've got. It's just that Aidan got a bit too reckless with his driving which overheated the engine resulting in lost of power. The engine change was necessary if we wanted to get anything out of the race but unfortunately it was only good enough for P4.

@Sasha Jednak a very promising race from Ferrari until the last stint. Was the car giving you troubles?
Yes, unfortunately for us. We saw Williams had trouble in 2nd stint, so when I got behind the wheel we were really pushing in order to force another mistake from them. But then our tyre exploded and it was the end. Then in the pits they put me bad set :rolleyes: so I had to pit again. But, my teammates showed what car is capable off so we are coming ready to Fiorano.:cool:

Problems at Williams give win to Lotus in Isle of
View attachment 316036

Interviews
@Benutzername a bit frustrating for you having to wait in the pits an extra half hour. Hopefully this isn't going to be an ongoing problem...?
[
It is not an ongoing problem. Sometimes problems occur, wanting to have a troublefree season is utopical.
I can say that each team member made an absolute stellar job, but so did Lotus.
We just had technical difficulties on our side this time. That should not happen, but norhing is 100% reliable. I repeat that every individual was achieving 100% of what was possible. In the end, we were beaten - for the first time.
Still a good result. We are going to strike back.

Overall we are happy with the engine package we've got. It's just that Aidan got a bit too reckless with his driving which overheated the engine resulting in lost of power. The engine change was necessary if we wanted to get anything out of the race but unfortunately it was only good enough for P4.
Ooof, harsh :laugh::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play